Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Centre to St Annes Park

Options
  • 11-12-2019 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm not too familiar with Dublin, and looking for some advice on transport. Is it easy to get from Dublin City Centre to St Annes Park, and back, on concert days? Is there a dart service or bus only? Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

DART to Harmonstown and you're a ten minute walk from the entrance to the concert (still another 10 minutes to the venue itself).

29A/31/32 bus off at the Top garage on the Howth Road and you're a 5 minute walk from the entrance.

130 off at Vernon avenue and you're a 5 minute walk [longest option by far, 130 takes about a year to get there].

I've never been around it on concert days but it's well connected transport wise so there should be no issue. DART is probably the easiest and fastest depending on where you're trying to get to in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thank you bren2001! Appreciate all the info.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depends where in the park you are going. 130 would be the option I would take for most of the park. On a fine day, it's quite a nice walk out from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

For the concerts take the 29a and ask the driver to let you off at the tennis courts (st. Anne’s) You will bypass the main entrance to the concert and enter through another route which is 5 minutes to the venue. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Are the buses likely to be packed though?

Dart is further walk but more capacity.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Are the buses likely to be packed though?

Dart is further walk but more capacity.

Last year it didn’t look like many people were aware of the 29a after the concerts. If it was myself I’d take the 29a there and exit through the same route after the concerts and take the short walk to Raheny Dart station. You’ll pass a few 29a bus stops on the way and can make a judgment if it’s worth waiting at the stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Belfunk wrote: »
    For the concerts take the 29a and ask the driver to let you off at the tennis courts (st. Anne’s) You will bypass the main entrance to the concert and enter through another route which is 5 minutes to the venue. Enjoy!

I completely forgot there was an entrance at the Tennis Courts for these concerts. Yeah, that's probably the best shout. I was just thinking of the gate beside St Pauls as that is the main entrance for these concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks for all the help :-)

Advertisement