Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise at 7am

• 11-12-2019 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Anyone else in limerick hear the noise starting at 7am. I think they are knocking the old buildings near parkway shopping centre. What a time to start. How more ignorant can you get.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They can start at 7am according to regulations, Monday to Friday. It's 8am on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

They can start at 7am according to regulations, Monday to Friday. It's 8am on a Saturday.

Bastards!

Bastards!

Its a stones throw from my house and I've been working nights for the last 3 weeks. I'd nearly fork out for the dynamite myself at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

People object to everything.

YFlyer wrote: »
    People object to everything.

I object to that statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I honestly think 7 is bad form though.... Are neighbours for 3 weeks were doing the rear garden, digger most days banging and digging, cutting of paving stones etc etc....

Was a tough 3 weeks as they were at it the weekends too.

But sure what do you expect them to do if you want to live around other people? What would you do if it was you doing a job on your own house, tell the builders not to show up before 1.30 and shove off home by 3.00 in the afternoon so the neighbours aren't bothered? You'd be at it forever.

I'm not one of these people who says "like it or lump it" but it's up to you, if you don't like the baggage that goes with city life there's always the hills...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Most people not up by 7am can usually be found strolling around in a pyjamas at 11 !

Well unfortunately I work shift so sleeping is all over the place, when I worked as electrician we didn't start till 8 or 8.30 as we had respect for those in surrounding areas.

They were in at 6 or 630 and would be cutting straight away, the funny thing is the evening would be the quiet time.... If it were me if any cutting was needed do that the day before to have ready for the early part.

I wasn't told about the works or even given the opportunity to move the car as they mixed concrete right beside it and my cars were caked in it.

Oh also a good few splatters ended up all down the side which were extremely difficult to remove....

I think 8 is ok but on a Saturday or Sunday it definitely should be 9 as they were in just as early on the Saturday....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They should have employed the people who were allegedly responsible for the demolotion job on the Twin Towers, the job would have been done and dusted three weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They should have employed the people who were allegedly responsible for the demolotion job on the Twin Towers, the job would have been done and dusted three weeks ago.

I think Bin-Laden died a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Figerty

I think Bin-Laden died a few years back.

He subcontracted the work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Go to bed earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Any photos to show progress? .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Well unfortunately I work shift so sleeping is all over the place, when I worked as electrician we didn't start till 8 or 8.30 as we had respect for those in surrounding areas.

They were in at 6 or 630 and would be cutting straight away, the funny thing is the evening would be the quiet time.... If it were me if any cutting was needed do that the day before to have ready for the early part.

I wasn't told about the works or even given the opportunity to move the car as they mixed concrete right beside it and my cars were caked in it.

Oh also a good few splatters ended up all down the side which were extremely difficult to remove....

I think 8 is ok but on a Saturday or Sunday it definitely should be 9 as they were in just as early on the Saturday....

This you should have requested them to pay for the cars to be professionally valeted to clean the concrete residue off without scratching the paintwork.

This you should have requested them to pay for the cars to be professionally valeted to clean the concrete residue off without scratching the paintwork.

Have the gear myself but was a little disappointed to be honest....

We aren't even moved in that long.

Our 1st home, just need to put a wall up around the garden as one side were parking in our grass and the work on the other....

Then cars were parking across our drive as they thought next door needed more room as there complete garden is paved....

I did say to the contractor and just said be nice on future jobs if you let those with cars nearby know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

7am is not too bad I'd imagine most people are up at that stage

Irish_rat wrote: »
    7am is not too bad I'd imagine most people are up at that stage

Not if shift....

On early I could be gone at 4 am lates getting back at 2 am....

I'd be well in bed till 9 or 10 am on those....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well if they had to account for everyone's shifts, there'd be no opportunity for them to work

Stark wrote: »
    Well if they had to account for everyone's shifts, there'd be no opportunity for them to work

Just saying, I fully understand things have to be done but I think at weekends especially Saturday and Sunday if one wants to make noise it definitely should be that little bit later.

• Advertisement

I commented about the noise a few posts back because it was a new noise mixed in with the noises of dozens of barking dogs that are left out my neighbors back gardens all day and night plus many house alarms from the many empty houses in my estate. It was a tongue in cheek comment. My advice is buy some earplugs. The demolition work will be all over soon and ye'll be thankful (hopefully) that the eyesore is finally gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Most people not up by 7am can usually be found strolling around in a pyjamas at 11 !

Low tier effort but I'll bite anyway. I'm only planning for handover in work at 7am. We can't all have 9 to 5s :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Miike wrote: »
    Low tier effort but I'll bite anyway. I'm only planning for handover in work at 7am. We can't all have 9 to 5s :rolleyes:

In fairness , 7 days without a bite, I'd say he was raging .

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Went past the site for the first time in week's ...certainly seems to be loosing altitude ...☺

Advertisement