Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He who was last shall be 1st :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

2020 Our Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

So what have we got to remember?
    - Rodgers is masterminding our form this season;
    - Mbappe in to replace that fraud Salah;
    - Speaking of frauds, Stevie G never did nothing for us;
    - But Stevie G to replace Klopp 100%;
    - Fabinho off to PSG on loan;
    - LiVARpool;
    - We're one injury away from it all going tits up (Except Alisson. And Matip. And Lovren. And Fabinho. And...)

Did I miss anything?

Breakfast and pandas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Customary to have this on the first page

Liverpool-2019.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Did I miss anything?

Breakfast and pandas?

Firmino handing in a transfer request!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Smells like victory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Put a child of prague on the 1st page in case it all goes tits up.

Mike Gordon in air drama at John Lennon Airport last night - plane went off runway but only onto grass verge

https://twitter.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1204731728125988864?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did I miss anything?

Breakfast and pandas?

LiVARpool the obvious one missing.

Summer 2020.

2018-09-18-262-Liverpool_PSG-324x235.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TitianGerm wrote: »
    LiVARpool the obvious one missing.

On review, it shall be added in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

we're hated, and all we've won is a Champions League so far.

it's more hilarious the more you think about it.

we're not even a dynasty. we haven't even being destroying all before us for 2 years yet, and the hatred is palpable. revel in it. drink it in.

it wasn't until Fergie had Utd winning for a good 3 or 4 years that the resentment really set in for me, and I would assume for others of the 90s generation, so this is all mad to me.

the best ones are those who pretend they respect Liverpool, and have no issue with them, but they're the first ones to talk about luck, VAR, no injuries, even money spent!!!!! yes, people have the gall to call out VVD and Alisson as us 'buying the league'. everybody scoffed at VVD at that price, so you can fúck off with that, and Alisson was 'just a goalkeeper' for that much money.

it's entertaining to look at my rival supporting friends and see my teenage Utd-hating self in them now that we're all apparently adults.

Ex player in 'hits target' shocker

“The Premier League player Jordon Ibe will face trial for allegedly driving away after crashing his Bentley into a coffee shop this summer.
    The Bournemouth midfielder, 23, is accused of driving off after ploughing into The Pantry on Plaistow Lane in Br…” https://gu.com/p/cq8m8/stw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

SlickRic wrote: »
    we're hated, and all we've won is a Champions League so far.

it's more hilarious the more you think about it.

we're not even a dynasty. we haven't even being destroying all before us for 2 years yet, and the hatred is palpable. revel in it. drink it in.

it wasn't until Fergie had Utd winning for a good 3 or 4 years that the resentment really set in for me, and I would assume for others of the 90s generation, so this is all mad to me.

the best ones are those who pretend they respect Liverpool, and have no issue with them, but they're the first ones to talk about luck, VAR, no injuries, even money spent!!!!! yes, people have the gall to call out VVD and Alisson as us 'buying the league'. everybody scoffed at VVD at that price, so you can fúck off with that, and Alisson was 'just a goalkeeper' for that much money.

it's entertaining to look at my rival supporting friends and see my teenage Utd-hating self in them now that we're all apparently adults.

Unbearable!!

Its nice in a way to remember how far the club has come even in the last ten years...

Back when Harry was Mike, I remember sitting on here following the updates and watching Purslow emerge from court. Now, top of the league, finished top of our group, EC champs... Mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

#18 relegation fodder and proud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

“The Premier League player Jordon Ibe will face trial for allegedly driving away after crashing his Bentley into a coffee shop this summer.
    The Bournemouth midfielder, 23, is accused of driving off after ploughing into The Pantry on Plaistow Lane in Br…” https://gu.com/p/cq8m8/stw

He was probably aiming for the Greggs next door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

The first page of all these threads is glorious. Next years will be a ****ing amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

SlickRic wrote: »
    everybody scoffed at VVD at that price, and Alisson was 'just a goalkeeper' for that much money.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. At the time it was mental money and unheard of. It's obviously worked out extremely well and 100% worth the money 10 fold.

Value has significantly increased on both players. However It was a completely valid opinion to have imo regards the VVD price tag given the situation at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Did I miss anything?

Breakfast and pandas?

We're all saps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hotel booked in Liverpool for May 17th and Istanbul May 30th

Gotta be prepared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

8-10 wrote: »

Gotta be prepared

Just need to get a new CC since i just book a holiday in Canada and Vegas for 2 weeks in March :pac:

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Its nice in a way to remember how far the club has come even in the last ten years...

Back when Harry was Mike, I remember sitting on here following the updates and watching Purslow emerge from court. Now, top of the league, finished top of our group, EC champs... Mental.

Play the hits

176748496.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

razorblunt wrote: »
    He was probably aiming for the Greggs next door.

Aye, Greggs, git sum doon ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

New thread so exciting

ALLE ALLE ALLE

No better place for my 1000th post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mad, that's only down the road from me!

The road does tighten up there alright when it gets busy but given it happened at 5am, it probably wasn't traffic that affected his driving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. At the time it was mental money and unheard of. It's obviously worked out extremely well and 100% worth the money 10 fold.

Value has significantly increased on both players. However It was a completely valid opinion to have imo regards the VVD price tag given the situation at the time.

That's fair, I'm fairly sure literally everyone thought the fee was way too much, lots said it didn't matter just sign him. Nobody predicted that VVD would be as immense as he has been though, it really can't have gone much better for him, voted 2nd in the Balon D'or is some serious meteoric rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

City were signing centre backs for 50 and 60 million around the same time so I never saw 70 million as some outlandish fee. The issue I had with VVD was could he stay fit as he had alot of injuries at Southampton.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    City were signing centre backs for 50 and 60 million around the same time so I never saw 70 million as some outlandish fee. The issue I had with VVD was could he stay fit as he had alot of injuries at Southampton.

At the time I figured we had to pay 10-15m more than we originally planned on because of the shambles around the transfer, Blackpool etc.

Thought we were getting a 60m player that we had to pay 70m to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What I find bizzare about Klopp is he gets these players doesn't play them and then they become superstars. Robbo, Fabbo and soon Baby Keith. How is Mbpop going to react to 10 months on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

rossie1977 wrote: »

He has only had one injury in his career.
    Just the ankle injury kept him out quite a while.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What I find bizzare about Klopp is he gets these players doesn't play them and then they become superstars. Robbo, Fabbo and soon Baby Keith. How is Mbpop going to react to 10 months on the bench?

Lets be real, Mbappe would not be sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

HA

Theres a podcast in there called the Arseblog Arsecast :D

Must be Utd's :pac:

• Advertisement

Some tactical evolution for a man who can't coach defending only knows one way to play with no plan B and doesn't know when to make substitutions and basically is living off Rodgers team.

I think it's fair to assume that any deal with PSG for Mbappe would involve Mane or Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

not my point whatsoever.

my point is that people are now saying we 'bought success' by buying those 2 for circa £150m combined, whereas when they were bought, all we heard was what a stupidly large amount of money it was to spend on players that weren't actually top level elite.

can't have it both ways. but wait, football fans can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think it's fair to assume that any deal with PSG for Mbappe would involve Mane or Salah.

Probably both to be honest. And we'd nearly have to pay them €100m on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Gotta be prepared

Done the same but I'm going with May 9/10th in Liverpool, last home game,hoping we have it wrapped up by then. Istanbul sorted too,flights are cheap but I'll hold off on that til feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

those bentleys must be built like a tank, half knock a building and drive away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1204039744109322246/photo/1

One we kicked to the kerb.

''Baby come back, you can blame it all on me, I was wrong and I just can't live without you''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pretty good acting from Milner at the start, the man can do it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Some tactical evolution for a man who can't coach defending only knows one way to play with no plan B and doesn't know when to make substitutions and basically is living off Rodgers team.

Wha'cha pipin'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Never mind winning the Champions League and going on a super long unbeaten run, the most amazing thing the club has done lately is getting £30+ combined from Bournemouth for Ibe and Solanke :cool:

.G. wrote: »
    Done the same but I'm going with May 9/10th in Liverpool, last home game,hoping we have it wrapped up by then. Istanbul sorted too,flights are cheap but I'll hold off on that til feb.

Madrid was easy to get to even booking late but Kiev was a disaster, I left it far too late and there were very few options. I'd imagine Istanbul is the same, you need to make that gamble if we get through the last 16.

Neymar moved to PSG to win the Ballon D'or and is now looking at Liverpool seeing 7 from that squad get nominated and have 3 finish in the top 5 so was probably on to his agent saying that's the team I need to join to finally win the Ballon D'or.

That is where those links are coming from his agent.

Madrid was easy to get to even booking late but Kiev was a disaster, I left it far too late and there were very few options. I'd imagine Istanbul is the same, you need to make that gamble if we get through the last 16.

Yeah defo, I nearly made the gamble yesterday :D. I've a price watch set up for it so see how it plays out. Will defo go for it in Feb, maybe even go ahead if the first leg goes well.

Neymar moved to PSG to win the Ballon D'or and is now looking at Liverpool seeing 7 from that squad get nominated and have 3 finish in the top 5 so was probably on to his agent saying that's the team I need to join to finally win the Ballon D'or.

That is where those links are coming from his agent.

Ironic given he was regularly in the press urging his mate Coutinho to leave Liverpool so he can win things. I'd hate to see him signed, luckily he's as far from a Klopp player as you could imagine so there's no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He’ll be back in Brazil in the next few years with the shape of an over 40’s pub league player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement