Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

you need to give them their full title

The unbearable 23's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Accrington Stanley Chairman not happy.

In a series of posts on Twitter, he wrote: “He’s a disgrace. I’ll never understand why top clubs and top @premierleague players don’t stand up and stay united with clubs and players further down the pyramid. This is pure selfishness of the highest degree. I’d drag myself out of bed to play the replay. Because it’s the right thing to do.

“I wouldn’t give a **** how tired I was. I’d do the right thing. I’d give a bit back instead of being a grasping, selfish type. We spoke about the @EmiratesFACup and how top @premierleague
    would rather be playing exhibition matches in China building their profits and brands.

“That’s why @FA were considering significantly increasing the first prizes far more than the earlier rounds proportionately. We have only just given up 5th round replays…. They’re back for 4th round replays… They join in the 3rd.

“Jurgen LFC, you’re embarrassing yourself. Your tarnishing your reputation. Rethink where you go from here. You’re killing @EmiratesFACup. There’s calls to kill @Carabao_Cup You’re killing us.”

I like Tony Pulis take on it
    Pulis wrote:
    Put the shoe on the other foot, we're talking about our teams being the best in the world and in Europe and for them to do that, there are certain restrictions which has to be the number of games that their top players play.

Now, the FA have said they'll give teams a two week break but to now throw the cup replays in there, it doesn't give them that two week break, so Jurgen Klopp is concerned about one thing and that's his football club - he's not concerned about anything else.

I understand where Shrewsbury are coming from and I know how important a good cup run is financially but there's an argument for both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

All the PL had to do was give the clubs all a break at the same time instead of staggering it over 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They could have had the replay this week if the West Ham game hadn't needed to be rescheduled as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

All the PL had to do was give the clubs all a break at the same time instead of staggering it over 2 weeks.

Yep. But money and TV companies call the shots.

.G. wrote: »
    Yep. But money and TV companies call the shots.

Ye and all the clubs are equal partners in the PL and ordered the PL to get them as much money as possible.

The clubs themselves are to blame for the schedule because they want more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ye and all the clubs are equal partners in the PL and ordered the PL to get them as much money as possible.

The clubs themselves are to blame for the schedule because they want more money.

Indeed, which in the end doesn't even really benefit them all that much, as the cost of player wages and transfer fees simply inflates to take the same % of revenue anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I like Tony Pulis take on it

If Tony Pulis is backing us there's something very wrong.

you need to give them their full title

Chels... Wait a minute, isn't that a yellow card offence! Not falling for that!

Gave me a chuckle.

1qsemjrsgad41.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

May not be relevant but Bayern want Thomas Lemar from Atletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

May not be relevant but Bayern want Thomas Lemar from Atletico.

Take that **** to the Bayern Rumours thread ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Any word on Mane's injury ?

DrumSteve wrote: »

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Any word on Mane's injury ?

There is a Liverpool press conference sometime today, I imagine it will be mentioned how he is in between the FA Cup questions. I ain't expecting him to play this week as that only happened on Thursday.

ERG89 wrote: »
    There is a press conference sometime today, I imagine it will be mentioned how he is in between the FA Cup questions. I ain't expecting him to play this week as that only happened on Thursday.

1pm - https://youtu.be/1eqkYiyxdXY

ERG89 wrote: »
    There is a Liverpool press conference sometime today, I imagine it will be mentioned how he is in between the FA Cup questions. I ain't expecting him to play this week as that only happened on Thursday.

I didn't expect to see him tomorrow I was thinking more about Southampton the weekend

8-10 wrote: »
    link?

Yeah here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah here.
    katecohensoccer.wordpress.com is no longer available.
    The authors have deleted this site.

End of an era

Pour one out for Kate

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Don't get shirty kid/fella/old man - LFC play Atletico Madrid in a few weeks.
    8-10 wrote: »
    link?

one of many

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/1/28/21111325/bayern-munich-thomas-lemar-atletico-madrid-leroy-sane-chelsea-arsenal-tottenham-hotspur-transfer

Ah I know, my comment was in jest.

Can't believe that site is gone, itz wit de Angles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Klopp: Sadio will not be involved for West Ham and probably not Southampton. After that he will be back on track. He has a small muscle tear which is serious enough. We were lucky with it though it wasn’t too serious. He’s out for three games.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-klopp-mane-injury-live-17643631

Good to see #LFC cutting ticket prices for FA Cup fourth round replay v Shrewsbury Town. Smart move.
    £15 for adults
    £5 for young adults
    £1 for kids

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1222090505456099331?s=20
    Decision made after discussions with both Shrewsbury Town and supporters groups.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1222091012211986432?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

They could have had the replay this week if the West Ham game hadn't needed to be rescheduled as well.

The FA wouldn`t have allowed that to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Doesnt that also mean Shrewsbury get less money from the replay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool have always lowered ticket prices in home cup games for teams outside the Premier League going down depending on the league the team is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Reckon it increases attendance. Probably gets more cash in overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Will be Shrewsbury's 2nd TV game in this round aswelll, and no doubt they had a sell out at home. They'll make enough cash from the 2 legs, and potentially even more again at Stamford Bridge.

So who should start for Mane tomorrow.

Kepp the same system and play Origi out wide or go for Minamino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So who should start for Mane tomorrow.

Kepp the same system and play Origi out wide or go for Minamino.

I'd say Origi out on the left because Zabaletta is playing RB and Origi can just out pace him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

To be fair if it was the city manager who didn't turn up for the replay we would be calling him spoilt or arrogant, if we are being honest we would admit that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Keita could be good in a wide left position.
    But probably Origi tomorow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

redmgar wrote: »
    To be fair if it was the city manager who didn't turn up for the replay we would be calling him spoilt or arrogant, if we are being honest we would admit that.

I absolutely wouldnt, you know.

It's Ox or Origi, no way Minamino plays 3 games in a week,
    I think it'll be Ox and Keita or Lallana to start in Midfeild

Richie Partridge is leaving the club to take up a role with the Qatar national team.

With Gary O’Driscoll coming in I wonder is he bringing his own team with him and the physios there all know there time is numbered.

I had quite forgotten there was a game on tomorrow :o

Presumably it's the usual gang bar Mane, no one who fills in on that left attacking flank covers themselves in glory. Maybe changing formation and going 4-1-1-3-1 with Origi up top would be
    an idea

TAA---Gomez--VVD---Robbo
    Hendo
    Wiji
    -Salah----Firmino----Keita
    Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

redmgar wrote: »

I'd say about half would and half wouldn't, much like the split is now. Not everything is a partisan issue.

Just watching Barce demolish us on Virgin Media Sport. Must have been last year. I wonder what happens next. The suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just watching Barce demolish us on Virgin Media Sport. Must have been last year. I wonder what happens next. The suspense is killing me.

You should check out the match thread, lots haven't had a day out since :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Liverpool have always lowered ticket prices in home cup games for teams outside the Premier League going down depending on the league the team is in

Supposed to range from £9 to £30, so a good discount to be fair to them. I'd expect a big crowd from Shrewsbury at the match.

I might head over as it'll probably be the only chance I'll get to see them before the end of the season, doesn't matter who is playing really.

Something I thought I'd never have to say. Here's a clip of Rio Ferdinand talking sense. 2:10 onwards
    When did Keown become so out of touch? I mean he thinks Klopp morally should play his strongest team. KEOWN, who played for Arsenal? Is this irony?

KevRossi wrote: »
    Supposed to range from £9 to £30, so a good discount to be fair to them. I'd expect a big crowd from Shrewsbury at the match.

I might head over as it'll probably be the only chance I'll get to see them before the end of the season, doesn't matter who is playing really.

I think/hope this will be a big factor in getting Shrewsbury a big gate receipt for this one... ordinarily the U-23's against a league one team would struggle, but the fact that it's this season, at Anfield... those tickets are like gold dust for the rest of the matches, so this one is the best chance a lot of people will have to be able to say they were there the year Liverpool won the league, especially for anyone with kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

£15 for Adults and £1 for kids

Good move and should see a full house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think/hope this will be a big factor in getting Shrewsbury a big gate receipt for this one... ordinarily the U-23's against a league one team would struggle, but the fact that it's this season, at Anfield... those tickets are like gold dust for the rest of the matches, so this one is the best chance a lot of people will have to be able to say they were there the year Liverpool won the league, especially for anyone with kids.

Yeah it's feeling like this season more than any other is one everyone's gonna want to be able to say "I was there" for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Seeing Leicester get knocked out in the semis by Villa there just reminds me of how miserable it was getting knocked out by them at the same stage of the FA Cup back in 2015. I know we've basically given up on the domestic cups entirely under Klopp but we really were an awful cup team (both domestic and European) during those years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

If you had left a few players behind for that Villa game you could have won it and then could you imagine playing the two leg semi and having this replay in the FA Cup that really would be some fixture pile up.

I think we will see Klopp at the game just not in the dug out.
    Klopp: “Could I be here for the game? Of course I could, but this is a misunderstanding of managing and coaching. They (the Under 23 side) need their coach and this is Critch.”

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/1222144198763216896?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He is now saying that Klopp won't be there for the game.

Williams, Jones & Eilliot will feature though.

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/1222287603829002240?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you had left a few players behind for that Villa game you could have won it and then could you imagine playing the two leg semi and having this replay in the FA Cup that really would be some fixture pile up.

There wasnt enough players to leave behind.
    Remember our bench for the WCC semi final the next day?
    Monterrey had 12 on theirs, Liverpool only had 7 players - 2 goalies, 3 first team starters & 2 kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement