Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

ERG89 wrote: »
    There wasnt enough players to leave behind.
    Remember our bench for the WCC semi final the next day?
    Monterrey had 12 on theirs, Liverpool only had 7 players - 2 goalies, 3 first team starters & 2 kids.

Fair enough on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If I were Critchley I'd want to do my job and not have Klopp in the vacanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

FitzShane wrote: »
    He is now saying that Klopp won't be there for the game.

Williams, Jones & Eilliot will feature though.

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/1222287603829002240?s=19

The bit I read before the paywall sort of just feels like their interpretation of the presser, in which he wasn't explicit about not going. He was only explicit that he will not be coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if he's there as a spectator, whilst keeping out of Critchley's way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Some utd fans went full retard and threw flares at ed Woodward's house and videoed it..

Scumbags

Crossed the line big time

Wasn't a p bomb my mistake

Some utd fans went full retard and petrol bombed ed Woodward's house and videoed it..

Scumbags

Crazy stuff.

Amazing how them imploding as a club coincided with us romping it. Mad times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Some utd fans went full retard and petrol bombed ed Woodward's house and videoed it..

Scumbags

They threw a flare. Don't think there was any petrol bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think he should leave Adrian , Milner , Lallanna , Clyne ,Lovren for the FA cup as the are all either leaving or quiet old and might be their last chance of winning it
    But in klopp we trust

Should be no replays in the FA cup after the 3rd round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

6 wrote: »
    Crazy stuff.

It is a bit crazy how we've rarely been direct rivals throughout history. Always seems opposite cycle with the occasional league battle...though when it's happened there's still generally a gulf between the clubs with one punching above their weight.

501367.png

Very few times in history have we finished within 1 place as each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's kind of like the age old battle of good versus evil. Neither side delivering the knockout blow.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I think he should leave Adrian , Milner , Lallanna , Clyne ,Lovren for the FA cup as the are all either leaving or quiet old and might be their last chance of winning it
    But in klopp we trust

Should be no replays in the FA cup after the 3rd round

The only over 23 player who should be in consideration is Andy Lonergan

He's not really part of the first team and while there's a drop off to the outfield under 23 players I think it's magnified in the goalkeeping position.

Kelleher has promise but he's not up to scratch as he showed in the League Cup games.

I'd feel much more confident in an under 23 team with Lonergan in goal than Kelleher or Winterbottom

Won't happen, but he's hardly undeserving of a run out at Anfield either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Match day. Sure is a beautiful morning.

hendo-kiss-UCL-640x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They threw a flare. Don't think there was any petrol bomb.

Oh well that's ok then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's not but I'd prefer someone throw a flare at my house than petrol bomb it. There's a degree of severity here that is relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Good lord, can you imagine the reaction if this was Liverpool fans doing this.

Bad ****, I know they want him out, but between the chants and this, there's no need to bring his family into it.

Anyway, shite club, shite fans.

Looking forward to May.

the screens of some posters on here would be covered in ectoplasm with their excitement of having another thing to throw at liverpool when pointscoring

Never said it was ok but there's a huge difference between a flare and a petrol bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What annoys me is Jurgen isn't doing what's best for his squad, He is simply making a point or a stand against the FA,

Say we get injuries in training or against Norwich , we'd be brining guys into the Madrid game who haven't played and have no sharpness ,

Milner, Matip,Lovren,Shaq,Lallana, Adrian all need games in there legs , You could possible add Origi, Minaminow and Keita to that list but I htink they will probably play In the next two games ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hopefully Origi will start tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Would like to see Keita and Origi start tonight.

Reckon it be Henderson in the 6 role tonight and then Fabinho in the 6 against Southampton on Saturday.

What annoys me is Jurgen isn't doing what's best for his squad, He is simply making a point or a stand against the FA,

Say we get injuries in training or against Norwich , we'd be brining guys into the Madrid game who haven't played and have no sharpness ,

Milner, Matip,Lovren,Shaq,Lallana, Adrian all need games in there legs , You could possible add Origi, Minaminow and Keita to that list but I htink they will probably play In the next two games ,

What about moral? You tell Matip, Lovern, Fabhino etc that they've to stay and play while their team mates are off on a warm weather training camp or holidays. That's bound to create friction in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

6 wrote: »
    Crazy stuff.

If H&G hadn't been successfully fcuked out of Liverpool we might well have seen scenes like that at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

On tv tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

cjmc wrote: »
    If H&G hadn't been successfully fcuked out of Liverpool we might well have seen scenes like that at Liverpool.

Things were worse at Liverpool under Hodgson than they are now at Man Utd.

We didnt have fans going to his house or singing he should die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think the situation at the Pool when they were in charge was well worse than what is going on at United now. We almost went to the wall as a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

MD1990 wrote: »

Much worse.

Say we get injuries in training or against Norwich , we'd be brining guys into the Madrid game who haven't played and have no sharpness

Had we won against Shrewsbury (or lost), it would have been exactly the same situation.

The break was planned for, the replay wasn't.

Had we won the other day and had no replay would you be here complaining that Jurgen is letting those players go on a winter break instead of scheduling a friendly or training camp for their sharpness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

redmgar wrote: »
    On tv tonight?

Not on these islands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not on these islands

I will be 100% illegally streaming this match on my TV then.

What about moral? You tell Matip, Lovern, Fabhino etc that they've to stay and play while their team mates are off on a warm weather training camp or holidays. That's bound to create friction in the squad.

Surely as professionals they would understand its to there own benefit, They would get there week off the next day , We aren't dealing with children here Klopp said himself they will b training in small groups on there time off anyway ,

Fabhino for instance if he plays the replay he'd be almost certain to start away to Madrid and be match fit ,

He won't play tonight after being so poor Sunday

He mite start Saturday v Southampton then he's 2 weeks off surely that sets him right back , Is he fit enough to play Norwich and then against Madrid 3 days later if not that's 2 and half weeks without a game for a lad who hasn't played since start of December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

redmgar wrote: »
    On tv tonight?

USA, South African, Asian TV stations :)

Edit: actually nearly every country is showing it live bar UK / Ireland :(..

Thank god for access to other options ;)

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3532527/west-ham-united-vs-liverpool/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd ask them to watch the 90 minutes on Sunday and tell me why they deserve to sit it out. A few others dont need a break either as essentially every important game this season when fit Alisson, Trent, VVD, Robbo, Hendo, Gini, Salah, Mane & Firmino always play. Gomez has played nearly every game the last 6 weeks so other than that no player should say they are any bit tired or fatigued as they haven't played every or even close in most cases

Surely as professionals they would understand its to there own benefit, They would get there week off the next day , We aren't dealing with children here Klopp said himself they will b training in small groups on there time off anyway ,

Fabhino for instance if he plays the replay he'd be almost certain to start away to Madrid and be match fit ,

He won't play tonight after being so poor Sunday

He mite start Saturday v Southampton then he's 2 weeks off surely that sets him right back , Is he fit enough to play Norwich and then against Madrid 3 days later if not that's 2 and half weeks without a game for a lad who hasn't played since start of December

At the end of the day they are people and people get annoyed over simple things.

If the break was planned for the senior team then they all go or none of them go. Don't go fracturing the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Not doing what's best for his squad is absolute nonsense.

He said it was fully discussed with his coaches and the squad before the decision was made, this wasn't an off the cuff thing straight after the game, then knew before it what they would do and presumably are all on board with it. It's probably why Bobby and Mo were on bench, as a break galss option if it went wrong.

People still going on about the FA Cup.

Who cares. It is not really that important of a trophy.

.G. wrote: »
    Not doing what's best for his squad is absolute nonsense.

He said it was fully discussed with his coaches and the squad before the decision was made, this wasn't an off the cuff thing straight after the game, then knew before it what they would do and presumably are all on board with it. It's probably why Bobby and Mo were on bench, as a break galss option if it went wrong.

Jurgen himself said it would be better for the lads coming back from injury to play the game, He said it would help but not make a huge difference,

The whole thing is solely to make a point ,

Personally I think he approached it wrong he should have said nothing sent the lads on holidays and played the lads returning from injury with the kids, then let them have a week off

Likely we lose the replay , Then if we don't beat Norwich after watch the **** hit the fan about the break ,then the next game is away to Madrid, Personally I think it will create unneeded pressure on the squad,

Only time will tell

I know we all love Jurgen and rightly so but sometimes he can make mistakes I think this will be one ,

PS I hope I'm wrong ,

Jurgen himself said it would be better for the lads coming back from injury to play the game, He said it would help but not make a huge difference,

The whole thing is solely to make a point ,

Personally I think he approached it wrong he should have said nothing sent the lads on holidays and played the lads returning from injury with the kids, then let them have a week off

Likely we lose the replay , Then if we don't beat Norwich after watch the **** hit the fan about the break ,then the next game is away to Madrid, Personally I think it will create unneeded pressure on the squad,

Only time will tell

I know we all love Jurgen and rightly so but sometimes he can make mistakes I think this will be one ,

PS I hope I'm wrong ,

He is making a point, he said as much. He said he has to cos just talking about it every season hasn't worked. He also said he has discussed this course of action with the squad so you can't accuse him of not doing right by them. They all agreed this is best thing to do for them this season given the obvious fact that the FA cup is absolutely nowhere on our list of priorities. The only time it will be is if we are still in it by the time the league is won.

And **** will hit the fan regardless, at some point things won't go as planned and all the moaners will be out in force, they already are over this.

• Advertisement

.G. wrote: »
    He is making a point, he said as much. He said he has to cos just talking about it every season hasn't worked. He also said he has discussed this course of action with the squad so you can't accuse him of not doing right by them. They all agreed this is best thing to do for them this season given the obvious fact that the FA cup is absolutely nowhere on our list of priorities. The only time it will be is if we are still in it by the time the league is won.

And **** will hit the fan regardless, at some point things won't go as planned and all the moaners will be out in force, they already are over this.

Everyone has there opinion which is fair enough , I just don't agree with it

I guess most are happy because it looks like we will break our Prem duck and that's all everyone wants out of this season ,

Anything else is a bonus after that ,

Personally id like us to try our best to win every competition , ( I understand in the league cup we'd no choice )

Everyone has there opinion which is fair enough , I just don't agree with it

I guess most are happy because it looks like we will break our Prem duck and that's all everyone wants out of this season ,

Anything else is a bonus after that ,

Personally id like us to try our best to win every competition , ( I understand in the league cup we'd no choice )

Which is absolutely fair enough, I just don't think questioning Klopp not doing right by his squad is correct. None of us are in the environment around the squad and management and so can't know what discussions have been leading to decisions made and why.

I'd love us to win the treble but getting the main one ticked off first is the priority, after that it's the European Cup but we should be able to attack it and the Fa Cup with the best lads if the league is done in time and we're still in both.

Until then I'm fully behind whatever the manager says, even though at first I thought he'd row back on it and let the rusty lads play if they wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

What annoys me is Jurgen isn't doing what's best for his squad,

You know better than the Champions League winning manager and the manager that is breaking records in the league what is best for the his squad?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'd ask them to watch the 90 minutes on Sunday and tell me why they deserve to sit it out

Because they are just back from injury with only a week or two training.
    Even the dog in the street knows players just dont automatically pick up at the level they left at you know.
    Jaysus Gomez was brutal for the first few weeks with clowns in here saying hes past it, i and a few more understood players need time to get back up to speed, in particular Joe Gomez, for whatever reason he needs a good run of games but look at him now.

Also Fabinho and Matip in particular have been simply outstanding when in the first 11 while Lovren done the job in the PL league when Matip and Gomez were injured.

Im sorry but thats a silly attitude to take on the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bit of a difference they have still spent a fortune. They have bought poorly thats the main problem and keep changing tack with their managerial appointments. They sanctioned an unbelievable wage for sanchez two years ago. Didnt see too many Utd fans complaining about that as they outmuscled City for that deal. Their signings and their managerial merry go round hasnt worked out. They also cant accept that a player wants to leave like Pogba and refuse to let them go thats probably the main thing thats on Woodward .Thats down to this we are the biggest club in the world line they like to trot out. Ferguson had no problem selling a player at the right time.

• Advertisement

The pitch Sunday was a factor too.

Same for both sides but when you want to play through midfield it is quite hard when the ball in bobbling constantly.

You know better than the Champions League winning manager and the manager that is breaking records in the league what is best for the his squad?

No but he said himself it would be better for the returning injured players to play ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

People still going on about the FA Cup.

Who cares. It is not really that important of a trophy.

Wenger won it how many times in his final years? Ultimately, nobody gave a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

MD1990 wrote:

MD1990 wrote:

They're still the highest spenders in the transfer market and wages too, they're just spending it all the wrong way and long may it last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The pitch Sunday was a factor too.

Same for both sides but when you want to play through midfield it is quite hard when the ball in bobbling constantly.

Are you talking about why Tranmere failed to beat United?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Is the match on the telly tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

sideswipe wrote: »
    Is the match on the telly tonight?

Not by legal means

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Not having this thing of the FA cup not being an important trophy. 2001 and 2006 finals probably my favourite days as a Liverpool fan, apart from Istanbul. The Treble is a huge possibility this season, cant see a better team in any of the competitions. When will we get a better chance? While i have no problem with Klopps decision for this game, fans writing it off as a tin pot cup but then getting the world club cup badge on their jerseys is embarrassing.

I don't see why people get embarrassed over other people's opinions. I couldn't care less about the fa cup this year but I'm fine with the fact that you do.
    My concern which won't be assuaged (hope I'm using that right) is an injury or just losing a fraction of a competitive edge in a more important game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined we'd be playing a game in hand to go 19 points clear at the top of the premier league, 30 years since our last top flight win and all people we worried about was team selection for an FA cup match against lower league opposition the following week!

Another big game tonight, really hoping for an uncomplicated win by a 2 or 3 goal margin for a change!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement