Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

The handball check for the penalty on Bobby tonight just proves that Man City couldn't get a penalty after Silva handled it on to Trent's arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

.G. wrote: »
    City to lose twice before that game, Leicester to lose once, us to win every game.

It doesn't seem on to be honest.

20 % chance ?

But would have put the same % or less on winning all points in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Origi picking up a knock tonight shows why Klopp is right to rest the first squad and give them the winter break off we need them all fit for the league and champions league fcuk the FA Cup.

Also these guys need a mental holiday as much as a physical one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Alonso77 wrote: »
    So after 20 games City have dropped 19 points and they have 54 points to play for.

I still think 86 pts will win the title - can see City dropping 10 pts

Leicester will drop considerably more

So IMO 31 points to go

Posted this exactly a month ago - I'm sticking to this :) 16 pts to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

poppers wrote: »
    Southampton (H)
    Norwich (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Watford (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Everton (A)
    Palace(H)
    City (A)

next 8 games, with city's games in Feb i think they will win it at home to palace. (REdemption for the 3-3) and then PEP has to applaud them on to the ETihad as champions.

City will reschedule the Arsenal game because of the Carabao Cup Final and likely their Chelsea game for the FA Cup quarter final after they beat Sheffield Wednesday so might only play 6 games before we play them.

Too early to predict where it might be won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

It doesn't seem on to be honest.

20 % chance ?

But would have put the same % or less on winning all points in January.

Its a slim one but its there. Go 22 clear and see how they react, they haven't got easy games. Spurs next, Leicester away which could be the one they lose or one of City's, United and Arsenal too. Tough run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

8-10 wrote: »
    City will reschedule the Arsenal game because of the Carabao Cup Final and likely their Chelsea game for the FA Cup quarter final after they beat Sheffield Wednesday so might only play 6 games before we play them.

Yeah there's so much going on. Just keep winning and see where it takes us and when! Still don't think we get the trophy until the Chelsea game regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Ah yes - it is,

But there is no doubt it will be in our around city game + 2 games / -1 game ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The gap between us and Everton is a champions league spot, we will probably never see the like again lads, this team are so far ahead it's actually insane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

Doesnt matter how may city play if liverpool win the next 8. but as said palace game could be moved for FA cup QF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

poppers wrote: »
    Southampton (H)
    Norwich (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Watford (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Everton (A)
    Palace(H)
    City (A)

next 8 games, with city's games in Feb i think they will win it at home to palace. (REdemption for the 3-3) and then PEP has to applaud them on to the ETihad as champions.

****ing laughing our way to the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its a slim one but its there. Go 22 clear and see how they react, they haven't got easy games. Spurs next, Leicester away which could be the one they lose or one of City's, United and Arsenal too. Tough run.

Arsenal game is now postponed

If City drop points in the next week or two, I can see them forgetting about the league and concentrating on the cups. Imo, 87/88 points will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Not a great match.

West Ham so defensive they often had 11 men within 40 yards of their goal.

Henderson, Gomez, VVD and Alisson once again immense.

Great 3 points.

8 wins to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

6 wrote: »
    If City drop points in the next week or two, I can see them forgetting about the league and concentrating on the cups. Imo, 87/88 points will win it.

City already have given up on winning the PL title. It`s all about focusing on the CL and the FA and League Cups for them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Would really like to just win the next 4 anyway to get that record of consecutive wins in the bag. Be crazy to have got the first and third records in the one season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah absolutely wellies this in. It's a shame Origi was brought down because it could've been a nice goal, really great control from Firmino and then Origi's touch to get through the defenders was lovely. Was also confused while watching the Sky replay to hear them say the penalty call was "borderline."

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I love our counter attacks:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

This is mesmerizing, Bobby loses the ball and within an instant there are 4 Liverpool playings swarming Noble to win it back:

giphy.gif

Lovely passing:

giphy.gif

Joe and Virg just showing off (the VVD clip is in slow motion for some reason):

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Salah off the post:

giphy.gif

Trent off the post:

giphy.gif

You know, I'd call this a mistake from Trent but after seeing him play a pass with the corner flag here I'm not so sure :pac:

giphy.gif

Two great Ali saves:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The first contact is a definite foul.

The second one, which he seemed to give it for, seems a bit softer.

Seems a case of all's well that ends well tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be fair it was a great pass to VVD to so he could clear the lines.

Trent off the post:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

To be fair it was a great pass to VVD to so he could clear the lines.

Yeah would have been silly to put it out for a corner and give them an opportunity to score

Right call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hendo's routine at penalties says everything about the kind of player he is. I noticed it in the Final against Spurs last year, he starts sprinting towards the box as the taker runs up, timing it so that he enters the box at full speed as the ball is struck, giving him a great chance to be first to a rebound. I don't know if he's ever scored a rebound from a penalty, but he does it every time, just in case. That attention to detail, coupled with such a desire to win and be the best, is inspiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gomez too, doesn't get half the plaudits as Virg but is also imperious IMO.

Conceded just 8 goals in his last 35 league games.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsStatto/status/1222661378655379457?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Alisson Becker-The Black Octopus.
    None shall pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Does anyone else think that conceding six goals away from home is insane?! Nine at home is incredible but six away is absolutely nuts!!

Man Utd in 5th are closer to zero points than they are to us.

This is all very silly.

Man Utd in 5th are closer to zero points than they are to us.

This is all very silly.

You spelled enjoyable wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Not a great match.

West Ham so defensive they often had 11 men within 40 yards of their goal.

Henderson, Gomez, VVD and Alisson once again immense.

Great 3 points.

8 wins to go.

All the talk about the league, it's nice to see some comments about the game too. Enjoy each game guys. Its an enjoyable watch.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

6 wrote: »
    You spelled enjoyable wrong.

You spelled unbearable wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I spell eberthing wong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Only players I see leaving in the summer are Shaq, Lallana, Lovren and Clyne. Maybe Lonergan.

Definitely this. Probably have to include Grujic unless we don't get a sufficient bid for him, but I think we will. And Ojo. Still not sure what they will do with Wilson - he counts to our homegrown quota, he'd probably contribute more that Shaq...I'd keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So are people still nervous about us winning the league?

It's done in my opinion and we have a celebratory run in now to be enjoyed, and it should be enjoyed.

Waited 30 years for this and we may never have a league season like this again. Champion's League is a bonus and distraction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

murpho999 wrote: »

It's done in my opinion and we have a celebratory run in now to be enjoyed, and it should be enjoyed.

Waited 30 years for this and we may never have a league season like this again. Champion's League is a bonus and distraction too.

It was done when City drew at home to Palace. Would be glorious if we could seal it officially at Goodison in March. Oh the humanity and..... piss boiling !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

league done, concentrate on the fa cup now 😀

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

league done, concentrate on the fa cup now ��

Klopp says no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

league done, concentrate on the fa cup now 😀

It aint done until its mathamatically done or Jordan is doing his wee dance before lifting the silverware.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I said all along that I wanted to keep my head down until the end of January. So many games in December and January, including some sticky ones like Wolves, Leicester, United, Spurs...

And we've breezed through it, with City dropping points too.

Time to start really enjoying this now.

I mean, there were a lot of tears lifting the CL, but that is partly due to the pain the year before. I think lifting the PL trophy will be pure joy. Get that monkey off our back, and revel in what we've achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The time of great justice and plenty is upon us. The Champion’s League ties will provide the tension, for however long we can stay in it. But yeah, the league games are celebratory affairs. We have completely and utterly destroyed our opponents. Most dominant league performance I’ve ever seen thus far.

To pick themselves right back up after the disappointment of losing the league on 97 points. Went to work and won the big game against Spurs and have been relentless all season. Savages one and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

“And it’s Liverpool, Liverpool FC, are by far the greatest team, the World has ever seen”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Date Team TV
    1st Southampton Premier Ireland
    4th Shrewsbury
    15th Norwich (a) Sky Sports
    18th Atlético Madrid (ESP) (a) BT Sport/RTE 2
    24th West Ham Sky Sports
    29th Watford (a) Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

One of my favourite bits last night was Ox bundling past (I think) Lanzini tongue be him a clear path to goal.

It was a hungry move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

What do people think of the Gini situation

He has 18 months left but will be 30 this year, so we can't give hin a whopper 4 year deal as he'd be 34 but he isn't really old enough to be offering a 2 year deal to him as It might be his last chance to sign a big contract its a tricky one to keep everyone happy,

I hope we can work something out as he is vital to our engine room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that conceding six goals away from home is insane?! Nine at home is incredible but six away is absolutely nuts!!

Our away record alone would have us in 5th, ahead of Man Utd on GD. Incredible.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The time of great justice and plenty is upon us. The Champion’s League ties will provide the tension, for however long we can stay in it. But yeah, the league games are celebratory affairs. We have completely and utterly destroyed our opponents. Most dominant league performance I’ve ever seen thus far.

I feel we can relax and enjoy it, safe in the knowledge that Klopp and Henderson won't.

Even in the dying minutes last night with a 2-goal lead Henderson was pumped up claiming a throw in and Klopp was bellowing at players from the sideline.

Their intensity allows me to relax.

What do people think of the Gini situation

He has 18 months left but will be 30 this year, so we can't give hin a whopper 4 year deal as he'd be 34 but he isn't really old enough to be offering a 2 year deal to him as It might be his last chance to sign a big contract its a tricky one to keep everyone happy,

I hope we can work something out as he is vital to our engine room

I still have a sneaky suspicion he will be allowed to leave to make room for a big CM signing like Havertz. Not just because of his age, but I think he might want to experience another country in his career, which is running out. I could see it being mutual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

I have to admit I am.

Until its mathematically done and dusted, I will still be on the edge of my seat (which is ridiculous I know, considering how great things are going).

Will be great to end the wait and do it in style! Was 9 years old in 1990 the last time they lifted it and can vaguely remember it, so am savoring every minute of this season, its a fantastic time to be a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Wont be happy til the maths say I can. Didnt really enjoy yesterdays game, its more of a relief than a joy. Im getting too old for this **** ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

On New Year’s eve Liverpool were 13 points clear and heading into their trickiest month so far.
    In January they were set to play

Spurs away
    Man U at home
    Wolves away
    West Ham away.

Now 19 points clear on their way to a 19th title having secured 70 points before February.

It’s been a long 30 years but now you’re gonna believe us #YNWA

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement