Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

There is a risk with every signing but if Klopp wants him and Edwards can work his magic then I’m happy.

It’s different these days as we can be relatively confident that the people making decisions aren’t drooling idiots or conmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nobody expected anyone to pay €90+ million for Dembele when they sold him. BVB know how to sell players.....important is also to remember they dont have to sell. The club have a very healthy bank balance and improving profits.

We're talking about Havertz.

£30m is Leverkusen record sale I think and that was Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

TitianGerm wrote: »
    We're talking about Havertz.

Leverkusen are no different to BVB.....they blong to the chemical company Bayer. They have the money, dont have to sell unless the mother company stops bank rolling them and if the player has a contract that isnt about to run out they will insist on his market value. Once they get the money they will be off to south America to buy a few young lads to sell on at a later stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

x43r0 wrote: »
    It's the quarter final scheduled that weekend no? So a loss to Chelsea in the 5th round would also save the palace game from movement

We have to beat Shrewsbury first :D

Leverkusen are no different to BVB.....they blong to the chemical company Bayer. They have the money, dont have to sell unless the mother company stops bank rolling them and if the player has a contract that isnt about to run out they will insist on his market value. Once they get the money they will be off to south America to buy a few young lads to sell on at a later stage.

Well they are different. Leverkusen don't get close to the same fees when selling. Son is their record I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

No German club will pay €100m for him the two Spanish clubs have to sell to buy at the moment they won't pay that kind of money for him. PSG won't and no English club will pay it. If he does move it will be closer to €50m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bayer may ask for a large sale price alright and I'm not too aware of their contract situations but when selling star players recently, they went for lower fees around €20m - €30m. Even if they ask for up to €50m or €60m, we also have a Marco Grujic to use in negotiations. I think Grujic wants to stay in Germany too, the football seems to be suiting him. And it's a ready-made replacement CM for Bayer also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Well they are different. Leverkusen don't get close to the same fees when selling. Son is their record I think.

They bought Son for €10 million and sold him for €30 in 2015...he had a release clause in his contract if I am not mistaken allowing him to move to non German teams playing at a higher level.

Dont under estimate them....they are run very differently today. I expect him to go for at least €80 million and if 1 or 2 clubs want him he will be very close to the €100 million.
    Personally I dont think he will make it in England, would love to see us get Werner in before him.

They bought Son for €10 million and sold him for €30 in 2015...he had a release clause in his contract if I am not mistaken allowing him to move to non German teams playing at a higher level.

Dont under estimate them....they are run very differently today. I expect him to go for at least €80 million and if 1 or 2 clubs want him he will be very close to the €100 million.
    Personally I dont think he will make it in England, would love to see us get Werner in before him.

Werner is the one I'd prefer from Germany as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

No sign of Mboope ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Werner is the one I'd prefer from Germany as well.

Why not both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ste- wrote: »
    No sign of Mboope ?

£200m to £300m for Mbappe

or

£200m to £300m on Werner, Neves & Two Full Backs & A another.

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

New statue to Bob Paisley was unveiled today. I actually love this design, it's very different to your typical statue. Based on this photo of him carrying an injured Emlyn Hughes from the time when Paisley was physio.

8662691370_3a71823240_z.jpg

scbrZM2n?format=png&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im going to the game on saturday are you able to bring a small backpack in with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Im going to the game on saturday are you able to bring a small backpack in with you.

The Clubs official line on this

Make sure you allow enough time for any necessary security checks which may include random searches. Small personal bags are permitted - please ensure your bags are no larger than A5 and only one bag per person is allowed. It is advised you only bring a bag if it is absolutely essential, please see our checklist of what can/cannot be brought in to the stadium here.

you should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon that Southampton on Saturday will be one of our hardest league games of the season left.

They are in good form and with the small turn around it may be a tricky game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon that Southampton on Saturday will be one of our hardest league games of the season left.

They are a good side but they are at their best pressing high & in transition.

Their defence is poor.

I think their style of play suits us.

Won't be an issue. Quick search at the turnstiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ricero wrote: »

I know it can be said of any team but I feel with the Saints if we score first they will pack it in ,
    If they score first it'll be a tuff day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

I know it can be said of any team but I feel with the Saints if we score first they will pack it in ,
    If they score first it'll be a tuff day

if they score first they'll go marching in

thumb_101926_default_news_size_5.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

5starpool wrote: »
    You can post something with the grain of the thread occasionally you know?

Don't see the problem pointing out that I thought the ref favoured us, I think it's more people love to disagree/argue with everything I post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Havertz at a billion dollars would be crackers if he gets in the way of Curtis Jones development - I'd hope the club know where to spend the big money and where to develop what's already in house.

Havertz at a billion dollars would be crackers if he gets in the way of Curtis Jones development - I'd hope the club know where to spend the big money and where to develop what's already in house.

quite sure Klopp & co know what to do.

No chance we are paying 80+ for Havertz imo. But I have not seen him play much at all so unsure how good he is.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Don't see the problem pointing out that I thought the ref favoured us, I think it's more people love to disagree/argue with everything I post.

There is an element of the second part of your post for sure, but several posts seem to be a point in direct opposition to the mood of Liverpool fans, just for the sake of it. Some things can just remain unsaid for the betterment of all readers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

There is an element of the second part of your post for sure, but several posts seem to be a point in direct opposition to the mood of Liverpool fans, just for the sake of it. Some things can just remain unsaid for the betterment of all readers.

Well said. It would make you wonder if they are Liverpool fans at all.

Probably not.

Agreed about the penalty, but in the first half there was 2 or 3 clear fouls for them not given, why do you think there was sarcastic cheers the odd occasion they did actually get a free?

I just noted reading back through the chat during the match that there wasn't one comment about the ref, that tells it's own story tbh, you know if there was any bad decisions against us there would be a lot of chatter.

Or maybe the ref did a good job, and nobody noticed him.

Moss did okay the most I noticed him was getting in the way of a Liverpool move about 20 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

At least you acknowledge what I'm saying about people arguing with me, case in point recently saying Fabinho was poor in a game and plenty did agree but one poster took umbrage with it because I said it and started prattling on about Rodgers etc....btw he has also been awful since then too (Fabinho that is) rusty is the buzzword.

But you're saying you'd rather a hive mind in here for the betterment of the thread, I don't see the point of that at all, everything I post is genuine, I suppose people can take it or leave it, we don't have to all backslap each other and not every thing to do with the club has be to be super super positive.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Well said. It would make you wonder if they are Liverpool fans at all.

Probably not.

Sigh, ok.
    Or maybe the ref did a good job, and nobody noticed him.

He did do a great job (for Liverpool)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At least you acknowledge what I'm saying about people arguing with me, case in point recently saying Fabinho was poor in a game and plenty did agree but one poster took umbrage with it because I said it and started prattling on about Rodgers etc....btw he has also been awful since then too (Fabinho that is) rusty is the buzzword.

But you're saying you'd rather a hive mind in here for the betterment of the thread, I don't see the point of that at all, everything I post is genuine, I suppose people can take it or leave it, we don't have to all backslap each other and not every thing to do with the club has be to be super super positive.

Sigh, ok.

He did do a great job (for Liverpool)

Not that I'd rather a hive mind, no, but constantly holding contrarian positions reduces any sympathy at some other stuff.

If there was a discussion about the ref being against Liverpool then state you didn't think so, and that we benefited from a few soft decisions, that's fine, but when there was no discussion there was no need to come in with an opinion likely to be poorly received.

Similarly when your first (I believe) post in response to man utd fans tasteless chanting or flare throwing was to say that Liverpool fans were being hypocritical. Was there any need for that?

Some things you say are attacked too much, but you bring a lot of it upon yourself too by things like this which are needless imo.

However, I'm not the thread police, so proceed as you will. I thought I'd offer a little advice. I'll shut up now as it's certainly not on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭FluffPiece

On the way home now from the match yesterday. At least I'm not a bad omen!

West Ham were terrible but the ref was ok. There were a few soft calls in our favor but nothing much overall. The home crowd is just fed up of the terrible effort from their players and needed to vent it somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I almost didn't click on this cos I'm lazy. I'm glad I did. I laughed.

Just looking at the table, again, it's mad City have won 4 of the last 5, drawn the other and fallen five points further behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

Henderson, for the last 10/15 games has started to show real leadership qualities on the field. He's always done that to a certain level but seems to have brought it up a notch or 2.
    He's almost Roy Keane like on the pitch, he never gives up. He's never gonna be the most skillful man in the middle but he knows his limitations and doesn't try anything fancy. He's got a job to do and he does it, very very well.
    If everyone is fit and firing he's the first midfielder on the team sheet for me.

I wouldn't have believed that 2/3 seasons ago.

.red. wrote: »
    Henderson, for the last 10/15 games has started to show real leadership qualities on the field. He's always done that to a certain level but seems to have brought it up a notch or 2.
    He's almost Roy Keane like on the pitch, he never gives up. He's never gonna be the most skillful man in the middle but he knows his limitations and doesn't try anything fancy. He's got a job to do and he does it, very very well.
    If everyone is fit and firing he's the first midfielder on the team sheet for me.

I wouldn't have believed that 2/3 seasons ago.

I called for him to removed as captain more than most because I didn't think he was vocal enough on the pitch and I would have said that right up to the end of last season.

However lifting the European Cup last season changed him it has given him a confidence on the pitch I don't think he had before that.

He now knows he is the captain of what might be the best team of the generation and he deserves to be there.

His belief in his own game has also grown and changed with the lifting of the European Cup which has been on display over the last two months.

He is right up there in the running for POTY and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't think I've fully absorbed just how ridiculous this League form is.

we will never see the likes of this again.

a League awash with money, awash with great players, as well as big name managers, and we've píssed over them all from a height.

it won't be fully appreciated until it's reflected upon when it's done.

I can see City and Pep spending close to £500m in the summer to make a statement and getting very close to what Liverpool have done this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

I called for him to removed as captain more than most because I didn't think he was vocal enough on the pitch and I would have said that right up to the end of last season.

He was always a fantastic captain off the field, a true pro who any young lad could look upto and chat to. The last 12/18 months tho he's taken that responsibility onto the field and his game has upped massively also.

He was also the one who sorted out the whole Sterling/Gomez debacle when that kicked off and he hadn't even joined the squad yet.
    It must be a kick in the balls to have Kane as captain, knowing that it's him that the players look upto and not Mr 100 goals in training.

.red. wrote: »
    He was always a fantastic captain off the field, a true pro who any young lad could look upto and chat to. The last 12/18 months tho he's taken that responsibility onto the field and his game has upped massively also.

He was also the one who sorted out the whole Sterling/Gomez debacle when that kicked off and he hadn't even joined the squad yet.
    It must be a kick in the balls to have Kane as captain, knowing that it's him that the players look upto and not Mr 100 goals in training.

Sterling has been a shadow of himself since that incident and Gomez has gone on to be a rock in defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sterling has been a shadow of himself since that incident and Gomez has gone on to be a rock in defence.

Don't see enough of Sterling to comment on his form but Gomez certainly has been outstanding alright.
    Keeping his age in mind, my God what a CB this fella could become and when you're a young CB with plenty of ability already and loads more potential and you're playing next to Van Dijk and learning from him..... Sky is the limit!
    Big Gomez fan myself!
    Our record of clean sheets when he's CB is sublime. Also going back to previous season too, and he's improved since then!

• Advertisement

A few places starting to report that Salah might be called up by Egypt of the Olympics and he will miss the start of next season.

I can see City and Pep spending close to £500m in the summer to make a statement and getting very close to what Liverpool have done this season.

no chance they are spending 500m in one window.

Even they could not get way with it with FFP unless they sold a good few players

Everybody keeps talking about Laporte. However when Aguero was out that hurt them just as much. And Sane as well. Germany left him at home during the World Cup and look how that turned out for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Or Pep preferably leaving if he doesn't get his mitts on the CL.... ;)

If we do both this year I'll probably give up watching football, I can die happy then after... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://shorturl.at/klDJS

Alisson Documentary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Everybody keeps talking about Laporte. However when Aguero was out that hurt them just as much. And Sane as well. Germany left him at home during the World Cup and look how that turned out for them.

To be fair Laporte really was a huge loss. Without Aguero they still have Jesus and even Sterling is ok up top at times etc... But they're covered amazing well in most positions, not at CB. Kompany going and then Laporte out for yonks definitely hurt them.
    It didn't hurt them 19 points bad, but it did hurt them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kompany was a massive massive loss to that city team.

He probably wouldn't of started every game for them, but his leadership skills on and off the pitch is priceless.

Not even all the oil money in the world can buy that.

Liverpool can win 21 points before the clocks go forward, the Palace game is on 21st of March. 91 points, is that enough if City win all thier games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

City can get 93 max and they have to beat us to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,067 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Liverpool can win 21 points before the clocks go forward, the Palace game is on 21st of March. 91 points, is that enough if City win all thier games?

Can't see Pool win all their games.

You can hold me to that.

CL will come into play now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement