Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

be sure to zoom in to Hendo's eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Just on way home from match
    Cracking second half performance
    Thought Bobby was immense
    Velvet touch

I think Salah has decided he isn't giving up the Golden Boots with a fight.

Mane's best ever start to a season and after today Salah has 14 league goals and 6 assists, Mane has 11 and 6.

https://www.football365.com/news/mohamed-salah-liverpool-west-ham-incredible-opinion

Just on way home from match
    Cracking second half performance
    Thought Bobby was immense
    Velvet touch

just the hattrick of assists from Bobby today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is there any player outside of Liverpool that would make team of the year so far?? I can only think of De Bruyne so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

What are the odds on Liverpool wrapping up the PL title before the international break at the end of March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jose with full on parking the bus tomorrow hopefully.

I hear Gomes is brutal

Or is that Gomez?

How many goals have we conceded since he came back into the team?

Liverpool have conceded just eight goals in Joe Gomez's last 35 Premier League appearances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I think Salah has decided he isn't giving up the Golden Boots without a fight.

Real chance to make up some ground in the next few fixtures - wouldn't be surprised to see him get another 4 or 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

FluffPiece wrote: »
    Alisson has had what, 7 fewer appearances but is now joint for golden gloves as well I think.

Who is he joint with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭FluffPiece

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Who is he joint with?

Henderson at Sheffield if I recall

What are the odds on Liverpool wrapping up the PL title before the international break at the end of March?

I have 9 days off work from the 14th-22nd March.

Heading to Krakow & Budapest/Prague to celebrate the 3 Year Anniversary with herself (exact dates to be decided yet)

throw in Paddy's Day on the 17th & My 27th Birthday on the 18th.

stopping off in Liverpool to see them win the league the weekend of the 21st/22nd V Palace would be just too good to be true for me I think :D

my age & username will tell you I've never seen us win the league so it might just be written in the stars if you believe it all the stuff & if not, then believe in the 6 we have already :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Goal goal goal goal:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

This goal would've been so nice:

giphy.gif

God I wanted these two chances to be converted so badly, both would've been great assists from Salah too:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Great find from Keita, Firmino just can't get an Anfield goal this year(though he had 3 assists today):

giphy.gif

He's like a magnet:

giphy.gif

Andy looked much better today than in the past few games:

giphy.gif

Henderson's impact doesn't translate well to 15 second gifs but this just shows what he's all about, 3-0 up and absolutely cruising and he's still chasing down every ball and not giving Sotuhampton an inch:

giphy.gif

Ali is so quick off his line:

giphy.gif

Mo having fun:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

I love this team

giphy.gif

& we love you OJ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I made a meme of a cat in a suit reading a paper having breakfast saying " I should vote Henderson for POTY" I howled with laughter, it's a cat.
    I couldn't work out how to post it so you have to visualize it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

DVDM93 wrote: »

Some man I can’t even post a picture on here 🙈

Some man I can’t even post a picture on here 🙈

sure I tried to 'quote' his 'I love this team' part & made a balls of it so just settled on it being the next reply :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

In that clip of the disallowed Salah goal I tried to just watch the Southampton players trying to close down. Liverpool moved the ball so quick I couldn't keep up. Imagine trying to play against that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

:pac:

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I made a meme of a cat in a suit reading a paper having breakfast saying " I should vote Henderson for POTY" I howled with laughter, it's a cat.

if that cat plans to travel to work after breakfast via The DART then be sure that it has some coinage on it or that the suit at least isn't a slim-fit hand-fitted Hugo Boss suit or you'll have even more trouble with the resulting video :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

gimli2112 wrote: »

Like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Tomorrow, Spurs V City.
    I think I'd rather a City win. I genuinely despise José and would love to see him miss out on a champions league spot.
    City winning doesn't really matter to us anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

when you finally get passed Van Dijk & then there's Alisson.

Must admit I always scoffed at the idea of paying huge money for a world class goalkeeper down through the years; there always seemed to be more urgent needs outfield to spend the transfer kitty on....

I a fcuking idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

ElTel wrote: »
    Must admit I always scoffed at the idea of paying huge money for a world class goalkeeper down through the years; there always seemed to be more urgent needs outfield to spend the transfer kitty on....

I a fcuking idiot.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe a keeper can be that good.

darced wrote: »
    Yeah, I find it hard to believe a keeper can be that good.

tied for Golden Glove with 9 games/17 played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool can take the next six games off to concentrate on Europe, come back and still be leading the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This season is the single greatest league performance by a Premier League team in history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Alisson makes the life of a goalkeeper look so easy. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

100 points taken from the last 102 available.

It's getting difficult to even comprehend......

We haven't won anything, yet are being lauded as one of the greatest Premier League teams in history.. (and rightly fcuking so).

Heady Days Reds, Heady Days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

100 points taken from the last 102 available.

That is just F*@king outrageous! Gloriously, insanely outrageous! Enjoy these days lads, god knows we know how the lows feel over the last 30 years.

We could've not turned up for a league game until the 5th of October this season & we'd still be top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

If we win it early will Klopp play the kids for the rest of the season???

22 points clear on the 1st of February. Insane. I think i’m living in a multiverse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still hard to believe we're nailed on to win the league. After so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

wonder what the team vs Shrewsbury will be
    My guess is

--Kelleher--
    ---Williams --Hoever--VDB/Boyes--Gallaher
    ----Chivravela---Lewis
    Jones----
    Elliott--Minamino----Millae

Larouci is injured. Im guessing Minamino may play since he had a break already
    Adam Lewis is back & can play cm as well as lb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I would say they will go all out to go undefeated in the league and win the CL. Even if we get through the FA Cup, I don’t expect a strong team to go to Chelsea.

Looking at the fixtures, it is only City away and potentially Arsenal away that we could lose for me.

With Fab, Keita, Matip back and Mane, Milner out only for the short term there’s no reason we can’t do both with making 1 or 2 changes here and there to keep the squad fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If we win it early will Klopp play the kids for the rest of the season???

Not a chance we can set new records all over the place as many points as possible please

MD1990 wrote: »
    wonder what the team vs Shrewsbury will be
    My guess is

--Kelleher--
    ---Williams --Hoever--VDB/Boyes--Gallaher
    ----Chivravela---Lewis
    Jones----
    Elliott--Minamino----Millae

Larouci is injured. Im guessing Minamino may play since he had a break already
    Adam Lewis is back & can play cm as well as lb.

Minamino won't play if Klopp is being logical but that could mean new goalscoring whizz Joe Hardy gets a start

• Advertisement

If you split Liverpool's current points tally in to two teams; Liverpool Home & Liverpool away.

Liverpool Home: 4th in the Premier League with 36 pts.

Liverpool Away: 5th in the Premier League with 34 pts joint with Spurs, United & Wolves.

Kneel before Zod Bob

bob.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Liverpool end today 22 points clear of second-placed Manchester City in the Premier League table.

This is the biggest lead any league-leader has ever had at the end of a day in English top-flight history.

I read earlier, its more points ahead than anyone has been at this stage of the season...but is it more points than anyone has ever been ahead? Who previously held the record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It is like someone is playing FIFA in easy mode.

It is like someone is playing FIFA in easy mode.

if you simulated your FIFA season at the start of this season & it went the way it has been in real life you'd think it a glitch, faulty, etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

City had 59 points after 25 games last season for comparison. 68 after 25 two seasons ago when they broke every record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Individual honours could make the ''Invincible'' part possible. Salah hitting form, Vardy and Leicester drifting away. If Mane and Salah plug away they'll be fighting for the Golden Booty, and with the bottom 4 clubs up next we could see a goalfest . Norwich, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, who have conceded close to 200 goals between them. Could be game on for Salah and Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

From the BBC
    Only once in English top-flight history has a team had a longer winning streak on home soil - Liverpool themselves between January and December 1972 under Bill Shankly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Individual honours could make the ''Invincible'' part possible. Salah hitting form, Vardy and Leicester drifting away. If Mane and Salah plug away they'll be fighting for the Golden Boob, and with the bottom 4 clubs up next we could see a goalfest . Norwich, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, who have conceded close to 200 goals between them. Could be game on for Salah and Mane.

Who doesn't love a boob, let alone a golden one?

Individual honours could make the ''Invincible'' part possible. Salah hitting form, Vardy and Leicester drifting away. If Mane and Salah plug away they'll be fighting for the Golden Boob , and with the bottom 4 clubs up next we could see a goalfest . Norwich, West Ham, Watford, Bournemouth, who have conceded close to 200 goals between them. Could be game on for Salah and Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Great 2nd half display today, really started flowing once the first goal went in, fair dues to Southampton they gave us a good rattle in the first half, I thought we were fortunate enough to go in level at HT, rode our luck too with the Ings penalty shout also, but when it's for you it won't pass you as they say. Hendo, Firmino, Salah, Alisson all excellent today, I'd say Fabinho was the only one who was a bit off the pace, hopefully he gets up to full throttle soon enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement