Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

DVDM93 wrote: »
    If you split Liverpool's current points tally in to two teams; Liverpool Home & Liverpool away.

Liverpool Home: 4th in the Premier League with 36 pts.

Liverpool Away: 5th in the Premier League with 34 pts joint with Spurs, United & Wolves.

We have 73pts though....?

And 36pts would be 5th, 34pts would have you 7th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FF is bollix The Main Man Bobby gets 3 assists and doesn't get a bonus point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MOTD
    First up, now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

8-10 wrote: »
    We have 73pts though....?

And 36pts would be 5th, 34pts would have you 7th

taken from before today's Results, my bad!

Not showing Long bringing down Bobby and that penalty not given either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Eh? They did.

They showed it, Gary, Alan, and Ian said it was a stonewall penalty on Firmino. Could not understand why it wasn't giving.

Did they discus it after the game and have an in depth discussion about it like the Ings/Fab one I must have missed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Did they discus it after the game and have an in depth discussion about it like the Ings/Fab one I must have missed that.

Where have you moved those goalposts to?

All is good in the world again Linda is back tweeting after missing the West Ham game.
    Which stat best captures this remarkable
    @LFC
    team?
    *100 points from the last possible 102 available
    *73 out of 75 points in the Premier League this season
    *20 consecutive PL wins at Anfield
    *11 clean sheets
    *22 points clear at the top of the table

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/1223725416785027074?s=20

• Advertisement

Yep discussed it, said the ings one was also a penalty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Not showing Long bringing down Bobby and that penalty not given either.

shock.

I don't watch MOTD anymore, embarrassing how bitter & biased most of them are, Lineker especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

DVDM93 wrote: »
    shock.

I don't watch MOTD anymore, embarrassing how bitter & biased most of them are, Lineker especially.

You should have watched it, they did discuss it!

They said both sides should have had a peno, I disagree as Firmino isn't Peter Crouch in heels - he was never getting on the end of that cross so it wasn't actually a goal scoring chance. I'd have red carded Long though for acting as if he was about to stop Firmino scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

What is it with Gini and his lack of goals/assists? He remains a Klopp/fan favourite, but contrast his return in Orange to Red? I realise he has a different role in both systems, but he’s not asked to play 6 for us, so has more opportunities to get forward.

He had 2 PL goals and no assists. Henderson, despite playing quite a bit at 6, has 3 goals and 4 assists.
    With Fab back, and likely to be No6 when up to speed, is Gini most likely to drop out with Naby/Ox in to add something going forward?

Only seen Gini live twice. The ground that mid 3 cover is immense, Gini is great to be in the right place at the right time (as Klopp wants from his mid). Hope he signs that new deal, but wondering why his return for Liverpool hadn’t been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hodgson ruined motd for me. I used to watch it every week and then Liverpool under Hodgson was such a painful experience I couldn’t watch motd anymore and I never really got back into watching in regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Hodgson ruined motd for me. I used to watch it every week and then Liverpool under Hodgson was such a painful experience I couldn’t watch motd anymore and I never really got back into watching in regularly

Might as well just watch the highlights on Sky on YouTube. MOTD analysis is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Might as well just watch the highlights on Sky on YouTube. MOTD analysis is terrible.

Yeh I blame Hodgson but also the games and even extended highlights etc are much more available these days than the pre Hodgson era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They said both sides should have had a peno, I disagree as Firmino isn't Peter Crouch in heels - he was never getting on the end of that cross so it wasn't actually a goal scoring chance. I'd have red carded Long though for acting as if he was about to stop Firmino scoring.

Whether someone is going to get the ball or not, you cant just foul them and it's a peno if you do.

• Advertisement

I'd rewrite a lot of the laws and make then more nuanced :)

I'd also bring a sin bin in.

I'd rewrite a lot of the laws and make then more nuanced :)

Like kick whatever lumps you like out of a player as long as it's off the ball or they aren't going to get to the ball?

Brewsters goal.

https://streamja.com/eLQp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Sarah's disallowed goal when it was 1 0 was insane. Length of the pitch passing move starting with allison..unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They were pretty balanced really i think. And both really were stonewalls. I hadn't thought the Ings one was at the time, but the new angle they showed after clearly shows Fab having a second kick out after he's been beaten. Definite pen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Had a dream last night that the league was cut short because of a Cronavirus pandemic.........woke up sweating about not winning the league after 30 years rather than the potential from worldwide death and depopulation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

sideswipe wrote: »
    Had a dream last night that the league was cut short because of a Cronavirus pandemic.........woke up sweating about not winning the league after 30 years rather than the potential from worldwide death and depopulation!

In fairness, only way we won't win league.

To make things better, watched United yesterday, their new singing looks good, but his team is muck.

Looked at table there just to make my day .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

StatsBomb had a radar up the other day comparing Salah this season to last season. It's actually mad that it's so close together but he's definitely been told to try win the ball back more.

https://twitter.com/StatsBomb/status/1222953347319238656?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

retalivity wrote: »
    I read earlier, its more points ahead than anyone has been at this stage of the season...but is it more points than anyone has ever been ahead? Who previously held the record

I keep.on reading that 22 points is the biggest lead at the end of a day ever held in the top flight. The 'at the end of the day' part strikes me, it suggests that in the past some team was 22 points or more ahead of someone, but then that someone played later that same day and cut the gap. Whereas we now have the 'at the end of the day' record 'cos City play 24 hours later. So it's quite a specific record really, but still doesn't take away from that amazing stat of being so far ahead.

As for who held the previous record, my first assumption would be City two years ago, as they won the league by 19 points, so could easily have been 22 points ahead if they played a few hours before Utd in the last few weekends, but I haven't checked to see if that's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I did laugh on MOTD, when they went through the penalty decisions, that Shearer did a preamble about how stonewall the incidents were.

He gets to the Ings one, they slow it down, show ZERO contact, and Shearer says it's a penalty, essentially because Fabinho 'flicked his foot out'. He couldn't say Fabinho caught him, because he'd look like a moron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

SlickRic wrote: »
    I did laugh on MOTD, when they went through the penalty decisions, that Shearer did a preamble about how stonewall the incidents were.

He gets to the Ings one, they slow it down, show ZERO contact, and Shearer says it's a penalty, essentially because Fabinho 'flicked his foot out'. He couldn't say Fabinho caught him, because he'd look like a moron.

Yeah.

The more they showed the more it looked like no penalty.

The fact is we have had some poor VAR calls recently. (Firmino no goal,No pen,Offside goals which looked on)

But we are not Man City who complain about any VAR call & spend the next 5 mins sulking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It would have been awful, 3-4 minutes after the incident, our goal would have been chalked off, they'd go 0-1 up, go on to win the game, in the coming months we'd fall apart and surrender the title to City but, it didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yeah.

The more they showed the more it looked like no penalty.

The fact is we have had some poor VAR calls recently. (Firmino no goal,No pen,Offside goals which looked on)

But we are not Man City who complain about any VAR call & spend the next 5 mins sulking about it.

We are also winning, so none of it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Salah has as many goals now as Keegan got in over 230 games for us.. legend.. in fact,team is full of them.

Edit. Haha ..beaten by seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

watched a bit of Grujic friday.

On that showing he wont make it at Liverpool. Let players just go past him at times unsure he would have the fitness levels required.

This was just one game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

This season is the single greatest league performance by a Premier League team in history.
    Shakhtar Donetsk are the only top division club in Europe with an undefeated league run better than Liverpool - they last lost a league game in August 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

MD1990 wrote: »
    watched a bit of Grujic friday.

On that showing he wont make it at Liverpool. Let players just go past him at times unsure he would have the fitness levels required.

This was just one game though
    He's very inconsistent but he has moments where he is phenomenal.

I think Klopp could transform him into a quality player but I don't think Grujic would get the opportunity to play enough for the first team now to develop into that player. If he isn't brought back to Liverpool, it would be nice to see him go to RB Leipzig and let Julian Nagelsmann develop him into a player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

It looked like there was contact to me - a trip. Southampton have a right to feel wronged. They should have had a peno and we went and scored in same passage of play. We should have had one for Firmino foul though. And win was well deserved - incredible second half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tusky wrote: »
    It looked like there was contact to me - a trip. Southampton have a right to feel wronged. They should have had a peno and we went and scored in same passage of play. We should have had one for Firmino foul though. And win was well deserved - incredible second half performance.

Agreed. Thought it was a penatly myself.

Fans getting upset by BBC pundits being biased gives me as chuckle. Who gives a ****. It's not as if any pundit is famed for being impartial.

Talisman wrote: »
    He's very inconsistent but he has moments where he is phenomenal.

I think Klopp could transform him into a quality player but I don't think Grujic would get the opportunity to play enough for the first team now to develop into that player. If he isn't brought back to Liverpool, it would be nice to see him go to RB Leipzig and let Julian Nagelsmann develop him into a player.

And send Werner our way.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whatever about either penalty claim the fact that a backpass wasn't given against Robertson and Alisson was ridiculous. If can only assume the ref thought he hit it off the Southampton player or was at least trying to hit him. Bizarre incident.

5starpool wrote: »
    Whatever about either penalty claim the fact that a backpass wasn't given against Robertson and Alisson was ridiculous. If can only assume the ref thought he hit it off the Southampton player or was at least trying to hit him. Bizarre incident.

Was Robbo really trying to nutmeg the Southampton lad to pass it back to Alisson? If so then that's a terrible place to be trying something like that. It's more likely he was trying to play the ball off him and out for a goal kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dunno how you can say it was a back pass with a Southampton player between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A bit like the Ings non-penalty, I can see why it wasn't given, but if it had been, I don't think you could argue against it.

So what do you reckon he was trying to do, cross it?

He pokes it between his legs. No reason to argue if that's given as a free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So what do you reckon he was trying to do, cross it?

He pokes it between his legs. No reason to argue if that's given as a free.

Play it off the Southampton player for a goal kick like you see lots of times from defender or attackers who try to play it off defender for a corner kick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Thread is nearly at 10k so gone soon.. what a thread it's been, a undefeated thread,best the league has ever seen imo..this time next thread..we will be champions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement