Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

nice to get 6 goals more difference this weekend ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

murpho999 wrote: »
    The way City are playing I wouldn't even say we'll need that much.

We absolutely won't, 6 more wins would give us the title even if City win all 13 of their remaining games, City haven't even managed to win 4 in a row this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

EDuA0Eu.gif

tenor.gif

Man City are now closer to 14th than they are to 1st.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Almost said it was over to my son and brother yesterday when we put 4 past the saints but resisted.
    After that result i do believe its over, some say we need 6 wins but even that is worst/best case scenario.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Klopp needs to bin off his FA Cup stance!!!

Go for it!!!

The league is done!!!

nah concentrate in CL thats a real Cup then again this team can win everything.

Falling away fast now...

2nd of February! Teams that can't catch us...

Everton
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Burnley
    Palace
    Brighton
    Bournemouth
    Villa
    West Ham
    Watford
    Norwich

Only 7 left ;) to challenge us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Goodison on the 16th? Will be some celebration on Patrick’s day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Now it's 22 points clear . :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

You not the most pessimistic. In the Gen PL thread I said it was done, yet someone said it’s not over until May. Even when I suggested that City could lose today, and we’d have a 22pt gap; still need to wait till May.
    Then again, in a discussion about stats, they said we got 98pts last year; so rational/facts wasn’t their strength.

It’s over folks (has been for a while).

Well, I'm very pessimistic, and I admitted to myself after the Wolves game that we're gonna win it. Every time I told myself 'If we can keep this points gap 'til the end of Dec/Jan' etc. we've increased the gap! The way things are going I don't think there's any point saying 'it's not over 'til May' cos I think it will be mathematically done before that month even starts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Dcully wrote: »

Exactly.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Goodison on the 16th? Will be some celebration on Patrick’s day.

Would be some way to wrap it up haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

noodler wrote: »
    I've only been converted since the Wolves win

That's fair.

I was a couple of games before, but felt all reasonable doubt left once we won the Wolves and West Ham games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

At home to Crystal Palace, we can win it there. If we win 5 games before that. Complicated though as if City keeps losing we could win it sooner. The thing is we now play 4 league games up to MAr 7th. City only play 2 games up to Mar 7th due to Pepsi Cola cup and FA Cup ties. So we could be 28pts clear come Mar 7th , but it still would not be enough to win it. At least not enough on paper ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

At home to Crystal Palace, we can win it there. If we win 5 games before that. Complicated though as if City keeps losing we could win it sooner. The thing is we now play 4 league games up to MAr 7th. City only play 2 games up to Mar 7th due to Pepsi Cola cup and FA Cup ties. So we could be 28pts clear come Mar 7th , but it still would not be enough to win it. At least not enough on paper ha

That’s off if we beat Shrewsbury & Chelsea in Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

36 points ahead of team in 5th and a +37 goal difference on them, incredible.

It's not long ago Liverpool were struggling to reach that 4th spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We absolutely won't, 6 more wins would give us the title even if City win all 13 of their remaining games, City haven't even managed to win 4 in a row this season.

I'd say City will get to 85 points max and we'll finish well of that, possibly over 100 points.

Ridiculous how it has become. 85 points in the past would almost guarantee you the league and now it's a poor season.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    36 points ahead of team in 5th and a +37 goal difference on them, incredible.

It's not long ago Liverpool were struggling to reach that 4th spot.

Amazing what bringing in a “serial loser” as boss does :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Bloody hell, we'll be champs b4 the 6N is over, I'm going to explode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This season is so good that I’ve been rendered speechless for months. No longer though, it’s time to get......unbearable. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm just worried we'll win it too early and finish the season with 7 losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I finally believe we have won the premiership

I'm just worried we'll win it too early and finish the season with 7 losses.

Imagine if we rolled over v Chelsea in last home game, giving them points to claim 4th :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    This season is so good that I’ve been rendered speechless for months. No longer though, it’s time to get......unbearable. :D

Pheeew! I need someone to take over. I've been unbearable for nearly two months now! :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »

Yeah ive taken the same stance this evening haha :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Get through Atletico hopefully.
    Then we have a big advantage for the Q/F. As we should be able to rest. I suspect Klopp will do that rather than really go for an unbeaten record.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dcully wrote: »

If it’s a team that can win everything then it should be going out to win everything.

They’ve shown serious mentality last 2 seasons but imo the mentality should be to win FA Cup too

MD1990 wrote: »
    Get through Atletico hopefully.
    Then we have a big advantage for the Q/F. As we should be able to rest. I suspect Klopp will do that rather than really go for an unbeaten record.

I don’t think so. You can’t take your foot off the pedal at the weekend and then think you can pick it up again midweek. He’ll certainly rest players, but it’ll be done strategically and Klopp will demand a certain level of performance throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

City in two matches against spurs have had 48 shots to spurs 6 yet only score twice to spurs 4 goals and only taken a point
    A trifle unlucky 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Chesty08 wrote: »
    If it’s a team that can win everything then it should be going out to win everything.

They’ve shown serious mentality last 2 seasons but imo the mentality should be to win FA Cup too
    And break as many records as possible with that last crucial victory on May 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Whatever happens, if it’s wrapped up with games to spare, I hope everyone gets a game, Kelleher included.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

✅ Norwich (A)
    ✅ West Ham (H)
    ✅ Watford (A)
    ✅ Bournemouth (H)
    ✅ Everton (A)
    ✅ Crystal Palace (H)

If Liverpool win their next six games they will be champions and Manchester City will have to give them a guard of honour at the Etihad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Are we allow to start dreaming yet???

Hope the kids play the last 4-5 games....experience will do them the world of good and is more important than records. Once the trophy is won target reached.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

DVDM93 wrote: »
    ✅ Norwich (A)
    ✅ West Ham (H)
    ✅ Watford (A)
    ✅ Bournemouth (H)
    ✅ Everton (A)
    ✅ Crystal Palace (H)

If Liverpool win their next six games they will be champions and Manchester City will have to give them a guard of honour at the Etihad.

This is nuts to think about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

✅ Norwich (A)
    ✅ West Ham (H)
    ✅ Watford (A)
    ✅ Bournemouth (H)
    ✅ Everton (A)
    ✅ Crystal Palace (H)

Unlikely as it may be, if Liverpool get past Shrewsbury and then Chelsea in the FA Cup, the Palace fixture will be postponed. However, depending on results, they could seal the title at Goodison on 16th March.

501726.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I can see City throwing a game deliberately to avoid the Champions welcome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

✅ Norwich (A)
    ✅ West Ham (H)
    ✅ Watford (A)
    ✅ Bournemouth (H)
    ✅ Everton (A)
    ✅ Crystal Palace (H)

I think we'll do it at Palace, possibly Everton. City have a few saucy matches coming up and know the title is gone, so they'll drop points. Players will start to ease off as they'll be thinking of the Cups as well as the Euros.

If we do it at Palace, it will be 21st March; the Spring Equinox. The earliest ever was Man U in 2001 on April 14th. City is April 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How many more games to win Jurgen?
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It would be quite symbolic to win the league at home against probably the worst manager in our history ..

The contrasts will be huge and visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pheeew! I need someone to take over. I've been unbearable for nearly two months now! :pac:

I would like to help, but I'm current enveloped in a cocoon of unbearableness.

ebbsy wrote: »
    I would like to help, but I'm current enveloped in a cocoon of unbearableness.

That's the spirit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

After 30 years of hurt it would be nice to win the league by 30 points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I think a 110 point season would be so monumental that it should actually take priority over the Champions League if it's still on. It's not just some meaningless stat-it would be an achievement of league football that will probably stand alone for as long as a 20 team topflight exists in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭atilladehun

sabat wrote: »
    I think a 110 point season would be so monumental that it should actually take priority over the Champions League if it's still on. It's not just some meaningless stat-it would be an achievement of league football that will probably stand alone for as long as a 20 team topflight exists in England.

Another draw? No thanks.

• Advertisement

We can break the points record and still focus on the CL, a loss can come at any time but in order to not break the record points total we'd have to lose 4 games from our final 13.

Think it’ll almost certainly now be won in one of 4 games (or when not playing ie City dropping points in a game around this time) :

16th March Everton (away)
    21st March Palace (home) which could be moved if we reach Cup QF
    W/e 4th April v Man City (away)
    W/e 11th April v Villa (home)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

https://twitter.com/5liveSport/status/1224049680981614594

Enjoy this one people.

Inject it into your vains. The boiled piss is amazing and its not even won yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That is pure gold hahaha proper tinfoil hat job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If the blue moon forum was a person :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement