Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zloty account

Options
  • 11-12-2019 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Is is possible to set up a Zloty account with BOI? It's for a personal transaction, not business, for transfer of funds from sale of property in Poland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

maxsmum wrote: »
    Is is possible to set up a Zloty account with BOI? It's for a personal transaction, not business, for transfer of funds from sale of property in Poland.
    Use Revolut. You can set up Zloty accounts for free and easily transfer money with their unique BIC and IBAN assigned to your Revolut account. The App and set up process couldn't be easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Maxsmum,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. We hope you're keeping well.

We don't currently offer personal currency accounts other than Euro and Sterling.

However, it is possible for you to transfer an amount in Zloty from a Polish bank into a Euro account with ourselves. We can request a call to be made to you from our Global Markets team to discuss this further if you wish. To arrange this, please send us a private message and we'll be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Hi Maxsmum,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. We hope you're keeping well.

We don't currently offer personal currency accounts other than Euro and Sterling.

However, it is possible for you to transfer an amount in Zloty from a Polish bank into a Euro account with ourselves. We can request a call to be made to you from our Global Markets team to discuss this further if you wish. To arrange this, please send us a private message and we'll be happy to help.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Thanks Richard will do when the time comes

morrga wrote: »
    Use Revolut. You can set up Zloty accounts for free and easily transfer money with their unique BIC and IBAN assigned to your Revolut account. The App and set up process couldn't be easier.

Yep I have it but not sure I'd trust them with this money. I've sent a few hundred etc with it before and it's gone missing occasionally.. Eventually turning up when I send various documents that make no sense requested by a senseless robot on their Web chat... Its great for small amounts and travelling but not much more in my experience

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yep I have it but not sure I'd trust them with this money. I've sent a few hundred etc with it before and it's gone missing occasionally.. Eventually turning up when I send various documents that make no sense requested by a senseless robot on their Web chat... Its great for small amounts and travelling but not much more in my experience

You'll lose out big time on FX fees if you have it transferred directly into your BOI account though.

There are other reputable options you could use besides Revolut, eg CurrencyFair, TransferWise etc. They will handle the conversion and transfer the euro amount then into your BOI account.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »

You'll lose out big time on FX fees if you have it transferred directly into your BOI account though.

There are other reputable options you could use besides Revolut, eg CurrencyFair, TransferWise etc. They will handle the conversion and transfer the euro amount then into your BOI account.
    Really? I'll check them out- thanks!

Advertisement