Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a joint cheque to a single account

Options
  • 11-12-2019 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My wife and I want to lodge a cheque to either of our single use BOI bank accounts?
    What does BOI require from the other person to allow this happen?

Is a letter of endorsement sufficient?

Thanks

Gavin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Morrga,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

You can certainly lodge the cheque to either sole account, once the cheque is endorsed by the other party. Signing the back of the cheque will be sufficient.

Just to note, if the cheque is crossed as "Account Payee Only", it will need to be lodged into a joint account in both your names. If this is the case, it would be necessary to request a non-crossed cheque or lodge it to a joint account.

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Hi Morrga,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

You can certainly lodge the cheque to either sole account, once the cheque is endorsed by the other party. Signing the back of the cheque will be sufficient.

Just to note, if the cheque is crossed as "Account Payee Only", it will need to be lodged into a joint account in both your names. If this is the case, it would be necessary to request a non-crossed cheque or lodge it to a joint account.

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard, this is very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

You're very welcome Morrga,

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Richard

Advertisement