Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning jeans bought online

Options
  • 11-12-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

hope this is the right forum for my query
    i bough a pair of jeans from tommy online and i have them about 10 days. wore then about 4 or 5 times in that time. i notice today that there is a big tear in them running along the zip - nearly the full length of the zip. also today one of the waistbands just came off in my hand when i was putting on the trousers. if anything the jeans are a bit big so i cant understand that they ripped.
    i looked at the return policy and they want the jeans to be not worn, not washed and to have the labels. i wore them, didn't wash them but dont have the labels. does anyone think that they will take them back or swap them? my reason for returning them is that i think the jeans are of a poor quality but i never experienced this with tommy before. part of me is thinking it will be more hassle then its worth but they cost €120 and thats too much to ignore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The not worn bit is a change of mind return. Yours is a fault return. Contact them with pictures and ask what they will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Link to the site? could be fakes, which of course can still be sold at high prices to give the illusion that they are legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

was definatley the real website - have bought a few things from the website int he past also. packaging and paperwork with the jeans would back that up. thanks for the reply though

rubadub wrote: »
    Link to the site? could be fakes, which of course can still be sold at high prices to give the illusion that they are legit.

thanks for the idea. i have emailed them this morning. the rip on one side of the zip is 6 inches long and there is also another one on the other side and its 2.5 inches long. never seen anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

To be honest I've given up in Tommy Hilfiger jeans. I've bought two pairs from the official site over the last year and they zip broke and pockets fell through in one and groin wore away in the other. And I didn't wear them at all that much - weekends and stuff. I'd testify to the OPs experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Murt10

Did you pay by debit or credit card.

If by credit card then you're in luck, as the issuing bank is jointly liable with the seller for the supply of the goods of merchantable quality.

Notify the CC bank of the problem, that the goods were not of merchantable quality. At least you'll have flagged it with them should Tommie H start to get bolshie later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,651 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Murt10 wrote: »
    Did you pay by debit or credit card.

If by credit card then you're in luck, as the issuing bank is jointly liable with the seller for the supply of the goods of merchantable quality.

Notify the CC bank of the problem, that the goods were not of merchantable quality. At least you'll have flagged it with them should Tommie H start to get bolshie later.
    There is no difference between debit or credit cards when it comes to chargebacks. And the bank is not "jointly liable" they are just a facilitator, all liability lies with the seller.

Also, your card issuer will likely require you to engage with the retailer (or provide proof of attempts to engage if the retailer doesn't respond) before they will start the chargeback process

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Has the OP contacted the seller yet? First step and sometimes the one that resolves the issue.

I have emailed Tommy direct on their website and I have a ticket number from them. I will keep you updated!

Has the OP contacted the seller yet? First step and sometimes the one that resolves the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Don't be doing any charge backs etc until you get no satisfaction from tommy

• Advertisement

It probably doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things, but you say you purchased stuff in the past, so assuming you're using the same account/profile for each purchase they may realise you have a legitimate issue as you're not constantly returning things and be more likely to do what they can to sort things out for you swiftly and easily.

(which might not be the case for serial-returners)

Advertisement