If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable, Speakers, and an Amp?

Options
  • 11-12-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi looking for a turntable set up for my daughter, who is collecting vinyl.  
    Was thinking of Audio Technica LP3 and Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.  
    I could use some advice re:  amp for this set up.  Or would you recommend different components?

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Minimo62 wrote: »
    I could use some advice re:  amp for this set up.  Or would you recommend different components?

Many thanks
    Hi Minimo62.

The LP3 and the Diamond 220 are a very good starting point for a system.

You could look at the Yamaha RS202D priced at £199. - This also allows for Bluetooth connection.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202211-yamaha-rs202d-black-black-dab-bluetooth-stereo-receiver.aspx

Ca,bridge have their AXA25 also priced at £199 - No bluetooth.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204165-cambridge-audio-axa25-lunar-grey-stereo-amplifier.aspx

For something a little cheaper there is the Pioneer A10  - Again no bluetooth.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204409-pioneer-a10ae-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

Let me know your thoughts on the amps above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Minimo62

Many thanks for that. The Yamaha looks great and Bluetooth is a definite plus so I think I will go with that. Will go ahead and order online. Thanks again for your advice ðŸ‘

Many thanks for that. The Yamaha looks great and Bluetooth is a definite plus so I think I will go with that. Will go ahead and order online. Thanks again for your advice ðŸ‘
    You are very welcome Minimo62.

I'll keep my eye out for the order and get it processed ASAP for you.

Do you require any speaker cable for connecting the speakers?
    I should be able to add 3 or 4 meters free of charge for you.

Once the order is placed drop your the order number in a PM and I'll add the speaker cable for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Minimo62

Many thanks

That's great Kenny. Thanks very much. Will PM Order No to you

Many thanks

That's great Kenny. Thanks very much. Will PM Order No to you
    Cheers Minimo62.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.