Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 245 - Usman vs. Covington, Sat Dec 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭al87987

Lads it was a really close fight with not much in any of the rounds.

Fine with those judges cards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That was an absolute belter if a fight. Major props to Colby. Clearly a twat with his talk and trump ****e but he is one tough dude.

Superb performance from Usman. Took all the shots and executed his own when the openings appeared.

And as Rogan said, they need all new judges

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

darced wrote: »
    I don't agree man, a great fight like that deserves a solid conclusion, no one was in danger, let it run.

Eh, he was was panic wrestling and then cowered without defending himself. It was as a very good fight, and he fought very well, but it was over and he wanted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I think Goddard saved Covington from some serious damage, he was fooked.

Good stoppage in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

al87987 wrote: »
    Lads it was a really close fight with not much in any of the rounds.

Fine with those judges cards

You would have to wonder how people can watch a close fight and not understand that one fighter can still win all the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I had it 2-2 going into the last, no issue with 3-1 either way. It was very close but Usman closed the show well.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

You would have to wonder how people can watch a close fight and not understand that one fighter can still win all the rounds.

You'd have to wonder who how people can watch a man take a dozen unanswered shots on the goround after getting dropped and desperately trying to fumble for legs of the man reigning blows down on them and not understand the fight was clearly over.

You'd have to wonder who how people can watch a man take a dozen unanswered shots on the goround after getting dropped and desperately trying to fumble for legs of the man reigning blows down on them and not understand the fight was clearly over.

Blows from hell right to the armpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

thought i heard them say during round 4 cc had landed 130 to usmans 116.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,496 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

iebamm2580 wrote:
    thought i heard them say during round 4 cc had landed 130 to usmans 116.
    Yes that is correct but most of Covington's punches weren't nearly as strong or affective as Usman's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

was still landing so earning points, could see it 3-1 usman or 2-2 by end of round 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

How can anyone have a problem with that stoppage? I'd a fair few shekels on colby myself but he was done.

Great fight , jab jab jab jab jab haymarker jab jab jab from both for 5 rounds .

Didnt score it but would have thought it was 2-2. Wouldn't hate a rematch at some stage

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    was still landing so earning points, could see it 3-1 usman or 2-2 by end of round 4.

I don't think anyone could argue with the judges scores, I had it 3-1 Colby but 3-1 Usman was as likely.

*Dana said* that Aldo will prob fight cdjudeo next for the title after losing to the no1 or contender in his only fight in the division..madness. I know Petr yan is class but aljermaine ****ing Sterling has to fight for belt. Madness

Was just starting to respect the guy but this is bollix

https://twitter.com/ColbyCovMMA/status/1206118453985173505?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

My big takeaway from the night is I'm depressed that max lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

derfderf wrote: »

this + 1

derfderf wrote: »

Lost every round too or at least 4. He wont be champ again while volkinofski is around max has nothing to trouble him. In a hard spot now max cosi cant see him doing much at 155 either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yan (predictably) battering Faber.
    Doctor stoppage looked a certainty there but no....
    3rd round ko via headkick. Can't believe the guys on commentary tried to say Urijah stunned him in round 2. He was so much faster & hits harder than Faber.

I thought Fabers corner where pathetic, no way should they have let him out for the 3rd. Like leading a lamb to the slaughter. Fair play to the ref, he was waiting for the first chance to step in and he did, saving Faber from taking anymore unjust punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

US2 wrote: »
    Lost every round too or at least 4. He wont be champ again while volkinofski is around max has nothing to trouble him. In a hard spot now max cosi cant see him doing much at 155 either

I honestly felt like Max hadn't done his homework. It wasn't too long ago he was underdog against Ortega and completely schooled him.
    I wouldn't put it past Max to learn from it and come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Sad Max lost too. There is something about Volkan that i find very boring even in his post fight interview

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Absolutely nothing wrong with the stoppage in the main event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Absolutely nothing wrong with the stoppage in the main event.

Except for the 4 illegal hammer fists to the back of the head?

When you get stunned that hard though he need to do more than what Colby did, I agree there. Just can’t understand why know one is talking about the hammer fists.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Perhaps Goddard could have issued warning and let it run. More conservative decision was to call it a day and protect the fighter - not worth squabbling over. Sometimes referees calls are *mostly* ok - I think this is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Certainly of all fighters, Colby had the worst outcome last night. Really, it was all or nothing. His schtick has manifested some very real ramifications in his personal life that will likely haunt him for some time. And all in all, he fell short.

Some people don't get the work and want to punch his face in. Other's get it and want to do it regardless.

High price to pay.

Usman looked fresh as a daisy at the end. Could have ran a 170 gauntlet.

Delira he pummeled Covington.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Forever baffles me. Not just fans, but pundits, too...

Just because a fight is closely fought, does not mean that there has to be close cards....

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Catching up on this card. Is the Holloway fight worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whatever judge scored it 50-45 needs to be taken out and shot.

Judges in Vegas are, routinely, retarded.

Which round do you think he didn’t win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

walshb wrote: »
    Catching up on this card. Is the Holloway fight worth a watch?

Yeah, they all are Great night of fighting.

Delighted Colby lost. Look at this. 100% intentional too.

https://twitter.com/BZR924/status/1206100813074108422

Advertisement