Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange issue on new iPhone

Options
  • 11-12-2019 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

I bought myself an iPhone XR and have just got around to setting it up. I currently have an iPhone 8, and when I went to set it up, it did it’s thing with setting up the new phone with settings from the 8 by being beside it.
    However, when it got to the stage of entering my password for my Apple ID, all was fine at first. I entered it and it was accepted. And then it asked me to enter a password for a second Apple ID. The phone was bought from Argos, was new in its wrapper, does anybody have any idea what’s going on?! I skipped the step, but it’s popped up a second time as I’m trying to set it up so I don’t know what to do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Just to add further info, I’ve only ever had one Apple ID so it’s not an old Apple ID that I used to have popping up.

The phone is also saying that I have 61 days remaining to add AppleCare+ to the new phone which definitely sounds like it’s brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Most likely it’s from your iPhone 8 such as some app someone used their account to instal the app on your old phone and got transferred.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I bought myself an iPhone XR and have just got around to setting it up. I currently have an iPhone 8, and when I went to set it up, it did it’s thing with setting up the new phone with settings from the 8 by being beside it.
    However, when it got to the stage of entering my password for my Apple ID, all was fine at first. I entered it and it was accepted. And then it asked me to enter a password for a second Apple ID. The phone was bought from Argos, was new in its wrapper, does anybody have any idea what’s going on?! I skipped the step, but it’s popped up a second time as I’m trying to set it up so I don’t know what to do

Its from the 8. Someone at some stage may have logged in on your phone or sent you music or something.

brav wrote: »
    Most likely it’s from your iPhone 8 such as some app someone used their account to instal the app on your old phone and got transferred.

No, that never happened. Nobody has ever installed any apps on my 8 or used their own Apple ID on it.

From some googling last night, it seems this issue is down to music I have downloaded (pirated!). Something I downloaded must have been bought originally by somebody with their Apple account, and the metadata still shows their Apple ID. This issue seems quite common from my bit of digging last night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, that never happened. Nobody has ever installed any apps on my 8 or used their own Apple ID on it.

From some googling last night, it seems this issue is down to music I have downloaded (pirated!). Something I downloaded must have been bought originally by somebody with their Apple account, and the metadata still shows their Apple ID. This issue seems quite common from my bit of digging last night

Hence my post above you about music :)

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Hence my post above you about music :)

I'd started typing my response before you had posted, but work got in the way and it took me a while to finish and post it. Stupid work :P

Advertisement