Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Runs

Options
  • 12-12-2019 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Didn't make it to any this year so far but thinking of the one on Sunday from Dublin HD. Anyone planning on a spin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Probably won't be out but it's to be dry this weekend so a nice day for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Didn't make it to any this year so far but thinking of the one on Sunday from Dublin HD. Anyone planning on a spin?

I usually do that one. I'll likely go over to HD to meet up with a few of the lads and drop off a present but I stopped taking the ride out after they started bringing the bikes down the quays instead of the M50 out to Howth.

Just further to that last post, if you're wondering what type of present to bring (they'll usually fill two or three vans) bear in mind that some of the families arrive in these shelters with literally the clothes on their backs and nothing else.

So I normally bring over toiletries, women and childrens underwear, socks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I stopped taking the ride out after they started bringing the bikes down the quays instead of the M50 out to Howth.

Whys that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

I'll be going :) Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

Turns out there's a yellow warning for tomorrow, it's meant to be about 0-1 Celsius for the day. I'm popping along with some toys in the car and to have a goo at the bikes.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Whys that ?

I stopped enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Gonna play it by ear in the morning, forecast looks cold but ok.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Turns out there's a yellow warning for tomorrow, it's meant to be about 0-1 Celsius for the day. I'm popping along with some toys in the car and to have a goo at the bikes.

Ah Jesus, grow a set, it'll be grand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

zubair wrote: »
    Not much fun having a large set surrounded by broken legs :p

• Advertisement

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Not much fun having a large set surrounded by broken legs :p

XD

zubair wrote: »

I've a huge set thanks. Yore Ma seems to love them :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Went to the West Cork one on December 1st from Crossbarry to Skibbereen, pulled out of last weeks one from Cobh Cross to The North Mall due to the weather. There is/was one in Kerry today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was at 2 of them last Sunday.
    First one in the morning for a kids school.

IMG-20191208-110744.jpg

And then onto the Cork Annual run.
    Great turn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

blade1 wrote: »
    I was at 2 of them last Sunday.
    First one in the morning for a kids school.
    And then onto the Cork Annual run.
    Great turn out.

It was a great turn out in fairness, hopefully I make next years one. How many posts do I need to reply to/post photos videos? The system stopped my initial reply due to it, 50 posts is it?

Advertisement