Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Snap,Frost,Ice,Snow Showers - Saturday December 14th -16th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

That rain just passed over limerick city. Very little precipitation. No way enough if it turns to snow crossing the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dew point seems to be much more favourable now than it was this morning in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

very heavy percipitation (sleet) just off the mayo coast,moving northeast wards,hopefullY it comes ashore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sleeting in cork city, unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Sleeting in cork city, unfortunately :(

Great news for us inland :cool:

EDIT: I mean that's devastating for Cork :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Plenty of pink showing up on the radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Just rain here in east tipp, 100m asl. Very light though even though the radar is showing heavy precip over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Well it's raining in Laois and I'm 126m asl so not looking great if you ask me..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pad199207

dexter647 wrote: »
    Well it's raining in Laois and I'm 126m asl so not looking great if you ask me..

It never really looks great when it’s coming in from the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

South Laois: 2.2c with a dewpoint of 0.7c and a light southerly breeze, a few light drops of rain/sleet. 95m ASL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

That band coming in along the atlantic coast showing signs of turning into a potential squall line...might liven up even more as it comes in...wintry mix of everything if its gets heavy enough..already produced lightning sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

kod87 wrote: »
    Just rain here in east tipp, 100m asl. Very light though even though the radar is showing heavy precip over me.
    Same here at 150m,SE Tipp

Moderate sleet. 2.3c/0.8cDP. South Laois.

hawkwing wrote: »
    Same here at 150m,SE Tipp
    Actually just got a lot heavier in the last few minutes and turning to sleet,think it will be wet snow shortly...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Talking to somebody who said there is huge thunder and lightning in Kenmare, vibrating through the house. Heavy shower of rain/ hail/ sleet going through here near Tralee now.

Looks like a heavy band coming ashore in Mayo / Galway now.

3.3C
    Dp 0.6C

jC2IRJa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭tiegan

Snowing hard in Fethard, Co Tipp

Turning to wet snow here in my part of south Laois now..126m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

tiegan wrote: »

Sticking ?

tiegan wrote: »
    Yes,4 miles east from you at 150m and everything is white now.Coming down nicely,flakes not that big either,proper stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

pointrosee_uk_oak2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I have some hope for Dublin later on :)

Nothin here yet, but early days.

Radar says it's currently raining but in actuality it's not at all. 2.8 degrees.
    Doesn't feel that cold No Breeze. Took the dog out for a walk.
    South Dublin 75m asl.

Not much wind with that band coming in now from the west...better chance of snow from it the lighter the winds i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭mikeecho

64m asl, 30k west of cork city.

NADA.. nothing..

Snowing ! Moderate fall.

Yep proper snow now and sticking in south Laois 126m asl from a big child with a beer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wet snow in north Kilkenny, 1.8C, 0.5C DP with temperature falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

That band on the radar just hitting cork city now. Same old stuff, sleet but just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Timistry

Talking to somebody who said there is huge thunder and lightning in Kenmare, vibrating through the house. Heavy shower of rain/ hail/ sleet going through here near Tralee now.

Looks like a heavy band coming ashore in Mayo / Galway now.

3.3C
    Dp 0.6C

I cam confirm that a TS passed through about 45min ago. One particularity huge flash and long rumble over the town then a heavy hail shower that whitened the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Bucketing down in Galway now

• Advertisement

Our so called snow must have melted even as it was falling out of the sky...Galway...How many times must we get fooled by met eireann forecasts before we learn:pac:

Advertisement