Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Cuh 116a Eject Replacement

Options
  • 12-12-2019 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone have any idea how I can get a replacement for this Glacier White model.. The button itself seems to be linked to the casing or something..

Is there a film that is touch sensitive that may have broken in my PS4 or would I need a replacement housing for it?

Can't seem to find the parts in Europe or on Amazon .. I am going to Galway tomorrow would anywhere be fit to fix it for me and if so how much would it cost? I want to trade it into cex but need to fix the eject button first.. I think cex offer 178 cash for it boxed and I probably wouldn't get near that second hand with eject button not working ..

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is yours the CUH-1216a?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Can't seem to find it ... There is other models that are so easily fixed this one just seems to be a nightmare

Kimbot wrote: »
    Is yours the CUH-1216a?

Nope it's the CUH 116a Glacier White

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have you ever take it apart before.

The early PS4 button wasn't wired to anything it had a metal bit that rested on a contact on the mainboard. You should be able to see it by just taking off the part of the case that covers the HDD. See if it's touching and if it is you could take the rest off the top of the case and clean the metal bit and the contact with isopropanol.

• Advertisement

Just to add, there's no separate button or PCB for the early PS4. That why you're not finding spare parts. It's part of the top right of the case and the mainboard. Chances are it's just a poor connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Will cex take it if you have to take it apart?
    I can’t see them taking a PS4 with the warranty void sticker removed.

Varik wrote: »
    Just to add, there's no separate button or PCB for the early PS4. That why you're not finding spare parts. It's part of the top right of the case and the mainboard. Chances are it's just a poor connection.

Yeah I've took it apart and tried to clean it is there any videos on doing this? Or can you buy replacement casings for it?

Yeah I've took it apart and tried to clean it is there any videos on doing this? Or can you buy replacement casings for it?

you can get cases, all the 11xx would be the same. Look on ebay or aliexpress.

I'd try to fix it if I was you, chances are it's just a bad contact that needs to be re-positioned or cleaned. They can get caught on the plastic.

Advertisement