Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zip code on non US cards

Options
  • 12-12-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

I am sure this has been asked before but I can't see any recent threads. I was in New York and using my cards without a zip code was proving difficult. I could not use my mastercard or N26 on the subway machines as they always ask for a zip code. Does anyone have a way around this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I am sure this has been asked before but I can't see any recent threads. I was in New York and using my cards without a zip code was proving difficult. I could not use my mastercard or N26 on the subway machines as they always ask for a zip code. Does anyone have a way around this one?

90210 or 00000 usually work

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Caranica wrote: »
    90210 or 00000 usually work

I tried those, as well as 12345 and no joy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Others to try are 99999, 00136 (Irish-issued cards), 00144 (UK-issued cards)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the official answer: (same as above)
    When a credit card is used at an MVM (MetroCard Vending Machine), the MVM will ask you to enter your zip code for verification. However, if your credit card account has a billing address outside of the United States, you are not subject to the zip code verification requirement. Instead, type in “99999” when prompted for a zip code. This will indicate to the MVM that an international credit card is being used, and the regular transaction authorization process will still take place.
    http://web.mta.info/metrocard/mvms/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

It's on the MTA website specifically what zip code to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement