Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these 2 monitors the same despite £100 difference?

Options

Comments

One is 1080p, the other is 1440p.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

One is 1080p, the other is 1440p.

He says he wants to join that new monitor to his old one

His old one is a dell
    Dell SE2417HG 23.6 Inch TN Anti-Glare LED-backlit LCD Gaming Monitor (Black) (2 ms Response Time, Full HD 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz, VGA/2 x HDMI) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y1R7NKR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JhL8DbZ0MHF11

His graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon RX 570 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card

Will this all work together?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Should do - you'll want to use the Display Port connection to get the most out of the Iiyama's FreeSync stuff, so grab one of those cables too.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Should do - you'll want to use the Display Port connection to get the most out of the Iiyama's FreeSync stuff, so grab one of those cables too.

Is it a hdmi to display port cable I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

The new monitor can be connected via displayport. Probably comes with the cable in the box I would have thought so you shouldn't need to buy anything.

You don't need anything for the Dell, whatever way it's connected already is fine.

• Advertisement

Most monitor's I've seen with DisplayPort don't supply a cable - they might have HDMI, but not DP. I could be wrong though? The listing will probably specify what's in the box though.

Most monitor's I've seen with DisplayPort don't supply a cable - they might have HDMI, but not DP. I could be wrong though? The listing will probably specify what's in the box though.

Found this on amazon

Thank you for your query.

The included accessories with this model as stated by the manufacturer are as follows. Cables - power, USB, HDMI, Audio, mDP - DP, DP and also the quick start guide and safety manual.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Ebuyer support

Is mDP - DP, DP all I need?

You should be good to go. The graphics card has a full DP port and the monitor almost certainly does too. For a while there, lots of laptops came with mini-DP ports and so monitor manufacturers must have bundled the cables in to counter that.

You should be good to go. The graphics card has a full DP port and the monitor almost certainly does too. For a while there, lots of laptops came with mini-DP ports and so monitor manufacturers must have bundled the cables in to counter that.

He's looking for this keyboard. Can you tell me if it needs a Bluetooth dongle to connect to the pc or can it be connected by usb?

DIERYA 60% Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, RGB Backlit Wired PBT Keycap Waterproof Type-C Hot Swappable Compact 61 Keys Computer Keyboard with Full Keys Programmable (Gateron Optical Brown Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07W5PD6VS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rUN8Db0SAMXJ5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's an unfortunate brand name. Brown switches eh? :p

• Advertisement

I've actually got Gateron Brown Switches in the keyboard I'm typing this on ;) I have Cherry MX Browns in my keyboard at home, I think I prefer the Gaterons for typing.

Seems like that keyboard has a USB connection - the board itself is USB-C - a newer flavour of USB standard that's very fast, but the cable supplied (or at least the one in the pic) has a USB A connector on the other end - i.e. the traditional full-size USB cable you've seen a million times before.

Advertisement