Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sane enough to smuggle self to Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

Anyone who commits murder- suicide furthering a political and legal system based on conversations a man claims he had with a God in a Saudi cave 1500 years ago is a bit loopy.

By that logic, if they had been caught before they carried out the attack, should the 9/11 attackers have been sent to a mental home, or prison?

Crashing yourself into buildings because you believe it is right is hardly full shilling behavior, is it.
    Research schizophrenia, it's a teensy bit different than believing in God:rolleyes:

Scum of the earth.

Look up what paranoid schizophrenia is. It's about the only mental illness that merits the insanity defence. It does because it's such a serious illness. Back when people were routinely executed for lesser crimes than murder, people with this illness weren't held criminally responsible.

This judgement wouldn't have been given if he had any understanding of what he was doing. This isn't a case of someone being let off easy because they were anxious and a bit depressed.

i wonder why its not a better answer tbh

anyway, two consultants agreed with each other, case closed.

jesus i hope if someone stabbed me up on a whim some day that somebody would find a consultant to plead on my behalf, at least make a match of it.
    It's not a better answer because the person is judged not guilty by reason of insanity when that person is unaware of their actions or the effects of their actions. Executing them would be like executing someone with a severe intellectual disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mules wrote: »
    Executing them would be like executing someone with a severe intellectual disability.

Thats something the whistlers in CA/IMHO would love tbf.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It’s a pity we can’t send him back to Egypt, let them deal with their own sh1t.

This is a quote from you from a few weeks back regarding Lisa Smith.
    Nope. Let her stay where she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

He’s a humpy bastard and hopefully spends a lot of time locked up somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

This is a quote from you from a few weeks back regarding Lisa Smith.

It surely is. And now that she has been brought back to Ireland I’m bewildered as to why we can’t do likewise and export these pieces of sh1t back to where they came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Look up what paranoid schizophrenia is. It's about the only mental illness that merits the insanity defence. It does because it's such a serious illness. Back when people were routinely executed for lesser crimes than murder, people with this illness weren't held criminally responsible.

This judgement wouldn't have been given if he had any understanding of what he was doing. This isn't a case of someone being let off easy because they were anxious and a bit depressed.

To be honest I don’t care what illness he has or hasn’t.

No interest.

He shouldn’t be in this country in the first place.

My solution is to land him back to the pyramids let them deal with him.

It surely is. And now that she has been brought back to Ireland I’m bewildered as to why we can’t do likewise and export these pieces of sh1t back to where they came from.

Do you think all people with chronic mental health issues are "pieces of sh1t"?

Big fan of Eugenics, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

During the trial two consultant psychiatrists gave evidence that Mr Morei was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia at the time and did not know that what he was doing was wrong and was unable to refrain from his actions.

Any terrorist that kills someone thinks they're doing the right thing.

Boggles wrote: »
    Do you think all people with chronic mental health issues are "pieces of sh1t"?

Big fan of Eugenics, yes?

I think that people who murder innocent people are pieces of sh1t.

I also think that if the victim was Irish this little piece of sh1t wouldn’t have gotten away as lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's terrible the way people are insulting this poor murderer. :( He was found mentally ill in court after all and I think we can all agree that courts in Ireland are perfect and should never be questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Genuine question though. Why dont we deport him back to his own country to a institution there?

Can you please explain how the fvck I’m a racist? Are you high?

The 2 victims in the links are Irish.

You still sticking with your "theory"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Not guilty by way of adherence to islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

That's an ignorant comment, the man was clearly mentally ill and deserves to be put into the CMH for treatment.

It's worth noting that this individuals has been remanded to the CMH whilst an ongoing treatment plan is put together for him.

Should this treatment plan be successful,the redoubtable Mr Morei must then be allowed walk free,no if's,but's or maybe's...in the eyes of the Law he will be free to leave the CMH.

I see no mention of the State having entered any other "holding" charges to deal with such a situation,so we must assume that there is at least a chance of the Ongoing Treatment Plan actually curing this individual,thus allowing him to become a normal contributing member of our Western Society.

So,it's actually a question of how long this man's condition continues to satisfy the Professional Mental Health staff of the CMH.

My simplistic mind is far more struck with the sentiments of the murdered mans Sister...
    Following the verdict, the deceased's older sister Shiori Sasaki in a written statement said she cannot understand, "why a mentally unstable foreign national, whose origin was unknown, was allowed to be in the town."

She said the killer Mohamed Morei (21) had his rights protected but her brother Yosuke Sasaki was deprived of his human rights. "It is truly infuriating and will forever be unforgivable," Ms Sasaki said.

There appeared to be nobody from Official Ireland present in Court to even attempt to answer Ms Sasaki's simple,yet pertinent question.

Quite what the cost of this individual's "Ongoing Treatment Plan" will eventually be is unknown,however what we do know is that Mental Health Services to other,obviously less important,Citizens of this State are not in a good state.

The entire sorry spectacle is perhaps best summed up in the final line of the article....
    Mr Morei (21), of no fixed abode, was found not guilty by reason of insanity of the murder of Yosuke Sasaki (24) at Long Avenue, Dundalk, Co Louth on January 3, 2018. He was also found not guilty by reason of insanity of assaulting Mr Grehan and Mr Murphy causing them harm on the same day at Quay Street and Inner Relief Road in Dundalk. The same verdict was returned for a charge of criminal damage to a car and of robbery by trespassing and committing criminal damage between January 2 and 3, 2018. The jury spent 24 minutes considering their verdicts.

:(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Go home boggle you’re drunk/high/mentally incapacitated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,438 ✭✭✭✭Victor

rafatoni wrote: »
    Genuine question though. Why dont we deport him back to his own country to a institution there?
    Is there a suitable institution there?

Will Egypt accept him if he has committed no crime there?

Would it be breaching Ireland's obligations to deport him?

The 2 victims in the links are Irish.

You still sticking with your "theory"?

How am I a “racist”? Did you misread what I wrote? Honest question...

Go home boggle you’re drunk/high/mentally incapacitated.

Sterling contribution as ever.

Bravo.

You in your own unique way you weighted a fordiners life less than an Irish persons.

You were of course wide of the mark.

Do you think the 2 Irish people who were found not guilty in the same manner are "peices of shít" too?

You have to say yes now don't you? ;)

Turkey dictated to Ireland that yer wan from isis is def returning here.

We should dictate to wherever this scumbag is from that he is def returning there.

No ifs buts or maybes. Throw him on the next flight to Egypt. Restrain if necessary just get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Its always the ones who sympathise with the murderers and not the victims who always shout racism.

You in your own unique way you weighted a fordiners life less than an Irish persons.

You were of course wide of the mark.

Do you think the 2 Irish people who were found not guilty in the same manner are "peices of sh too?

You have to say yes now don't you? ;)

No, you’re wrong.

I think sometimes non-Irish people do not receive the same level of justice as Irish people, that’s not racist; quite the opposite.

I’ll put this down as you not fully understanding what I posted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

This. And it can be episodic with it. Someone with this terrible illness can appear quite normal and the next day be anything but. Vanishingly few become murderous BTW.

That two shrinks and a medical board convinced a court and jury so quickly is proof enough that this man wasn't well at all. Plus as was pointed out earlier him being found not guilty because of mental illness it almost guarantees a longer period of confinement in a secure establishment. If he were found to be of sound mind and convicted of murder he could be out in under ten years with good behaviour. Larry Murphy who was convicted for rape, kidnapping and attempted murder(with a strong suspicion of other heinous crimes) and with no remorse shown walked free after ten years.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

The key comment on this was from the victim's sister:

She cannot understand "why a mentally unstable foreign national whose origin was unknown was allowed to be in the town." She said her brother was deprived of his human rights. "It is truly infuriating and will forever be unforgivable"

The hijacking of the ability to analyse situations in Ireland by extreme liberal ideologues and far right racists is intolerable. The huge middle ground I believe accepts international obligations when asylum seekers apply but we are failed by politicians in thrall to an extreme liberal ideology which does not look at things pragmatically. Equally the far right racists exploit situations for their own twisted ideology. A plague on both their houses.

As a people we are failed by politicians repeatedly. There is no leadership.

My sympathies to Shiori Sasaki and her family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Allinall

I think that people who murder innocent people are pieces of sh1t.

I also think that if the victim was Irish this little piece of sh1t wouldn’t have gotten away as lightly.

Point of order.

He didn’t murder anyone.

Advertisement