Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sane enough to smuggle self to Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I wonder what level of English the accused operates at ?

I also wonder what level of Arabic our Psychiatric Services are capable of operating at when deciding upon the diagnosis of this individuals Illness.

There are interpreters available if there is a significant language barrier. Obviously much better to communicate directly in the person's first language, but where that is not possible a professional interpreter can be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

How do you think it would have differed if he was Irish? If he was an Irish paranoid schizophrenic, he would also be held at the Central Mental Hospital.
    if the victim was Irish

Jesus, this is like the guy returning the boots for a refund all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Politically motivated verdict imo. Can't have any evidence this was a terrorist attack coming out despite the fact this piece of human s h it shouted Islamic slogans supporting ISIS.

Politically motivated. WTF are you on about. The two doctors who confirmed he was a paranoid schizophrenic. You might want to read up a bit on what it entails. Its not an "oh i'm a bit sad" condition. It's not a terrorist attack, it's a very very mentally unstable individual who murdered someone not because they are a terrorist, it's because they are a f**king paranoid schizophrenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

ollkiller wrote: »
    Politically motivated. WTF are you on about. The two doctors who confirmed he was a paranoid schizophrenic. You might want to read up a bit on what it entails. Its not an "oh i'm a bit sad" condition. It's not a terrorist attack, it's a very very mentally unstable individual who murdered someone not because they are a terrorist, it's because they are a f**king paranoid schizophrenic.
    Were the two doctors brown or white?

The public deserve to know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Billy Mays wrote: »

Jebus Hall Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Are you actually being serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Were they wearing a turbine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

ollkiller wrote: »
    Are you actually being serious?
    I'm not

I have no doubt that some of the people who post on here would consider it a legitamite question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Jesus, this is like the guy returning the boots for a refund all over again...

But seriously, how do you think the sentence would have differed? Oh sorry, if the VICTIM was Irish. My question still stands. The victim not being Irish makes a difference?

Many people will have idea what you’re referencing there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,332 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

splinter65 wrote: »
    I was being sarcastic.

I thought that straight away

• Advertisement

Non Irish mentally ill person kills non Irish person. That's all there is to it, no ISIS, no open borders. Nothing like that.

He slipped through the cracks, the Brits should have kept an eye on him.

That's simply what it is.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Non Irish mentally ill person kills non Irish person. That's all there is to it, no ISIS, no open borders. Nothing like that.

That's the narrative alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He slipped through the cracks, the Brits should have kept an eye on him.

That's simply what it is.

Ah I’m sure that’ll being great relief to his parents. Him slipping through the cracks. Shure that’s what it is. Absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

antix80 wrote: »
    Were they wearing a turbine?

Unless they moonlight as windmills, I highly doubt it.

Ah I’m sure that’ll being great relief to his parents. Him slipping through the cracks. Shure that’s what it is. Absolutely pathetic.

What I'm saying, and with great sympathy to the lad murdered and his family, is that it's not an Islamic Jihad attack, though some will always ALWAYS try to spin stuff that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He also said he did it for God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What I'm saying, and with great sympathy to the lad murdered and his family, is that it's not an Islamic Jihad attack, though some will always ALWAYS try to spin stuff that way.

He was screaming Allah Akbar. :rolleyes:

He was screaming Allah Akbar. :rolleyes:

If it sounds like islamic terrorist, looks like an islamic terrorist and slaughters infidels like an islamic terrorist, there's a fairly good chance it's an islamic terrorist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

I hope that he is deported when he has done his time in the mental institution.

I hope that he is deported when he has done his time in the mental institution.

To serve time in prison. If he is successfully treated, then he should still be held accountable for his actions. I'm sure there are plenty of people convicted of murder for being off their heads on alcohol, drugs or lack of emotional controls. If he's not successfully treated for being a paranoid schizophrenic, then he should remain in a mental ward, but not at the expense of the Irish State.

I get that a lot of people consider having a mental illness as being an "acceptable" excuse for killing someone. Not in control of themselves, and all that.. (although, it's interesting that we don't show similar sympathy for Psychopaths, who are lacking, in so many ways) but frankly, such people should still removed from access to the public, and some measure of punishment assigned because of the killing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

To serve time in prison. If he is successfully treated, then he should still be held accountable for his actions...

That makes no sense whatsoever. He wasn't accountable for his actions, which is why he's in a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It’s a pity we can’t send him back to Egypt, let them deal with their own sh1t.

Knew not to kill anyone in Egypt. He would be topped for that. Made his way to soft touch Ireland. I remember being in the company of a man who had been certified insane. Went off to get two packs of fags from machine. When he returned he declared to his friend " your cash got stuck in the machine". Some are mad in the right way!!

To serve time in prison. If he is successfully treated, then he should still be held accountable for his actions.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

To serve time in prison. If he is successfully treated, then he should still be held accountable for his actions. I'm sure there are plenty of people convicted of murder for being off their heads on alcohol, drugs or lack of emotional controls. If he's not successfully treated for being a paranoid schizophrenic, then he should remain in a mental ward, but not at the expense of the Irish State.

I get that a lot of people consider having a mental illness as being an "acceptable" excuse for killing someone. Not in control of themselves, and all that.. (although, it's interesting that we don't show similar sympathy for Psychopaths, who are lacking, in so many ways) but frankly, such people should still removed from access to the public, and some measure of punishment assigned because of the killing.

He was found not guilty. He’ll not go to prison - same as anyone else who hasn’t been found guilty. Psychopaths who kill do so while in control of their actions - any successful plea of insanity requires that the person is unable to control their actions. He’ll stay in the central mental hospital until he’s deemed safe to release. He won’t stay in Ireland as he has no right to claim asylum, having made a claim in the U.K.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

I wonder would as many people be so accepting and happy with the outcome of this if it was one of their family members. I for one wouldn't.

I wonder would as many people be so accepting and happy with the outcome of this if it was one of their family members. I for one wouldn't.

Who is happy with the "outcome"?

Are you all right?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Boggles wrote: »
    Who is happy with the "outcome"?

Are you all right?

:confused:

Outcome of the punishment. I'm fine, thanks for asking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

usal protecting crowd that never step outside, if he was mental - then why the f he wasnt treated asap or locked into some psych asylum.

are we as society supposed to take that every mental idiot is ok to kill because they are sick fcks, sure random chinese kid died, but if it was case of someone close to home he would be dead, not a camping trip where one can live in shelter be fed and prob few years later will be back on the streets.

if it was provoked attack or fight then maybe yes, but crazy fck on edge to kill and yeah sure its mental illness.

and no not intrested in race or nationality of killer, but with constant **** doing rounds on news where judges slam 3-5 years for brutal murders of random people its a ****ing disaster state, what scum get away with, day in and out same ****ty topics on oh well another scum innoncent, until person is left in koma or disabled for life they walk free. only hope is for karma that those making laws and judgments will face some **** and get same result maybe that would change attitude in this country, if few judges got their families slayed and sure punish person to 10yrs because theres millions reasons that its not the outcome they were going for, so few years would be even game then, but yeah as society those in power live high above rest so safe to throw few years year suspended sentences all day long - prob got used to it, but when it happens in reverse and some high up a$$ hole gets jumped etc, then we hear we need more protection and tigther laws, its like theres two classes peasants and kinds, living two different realities when it comes to judgment.

Outcome of the punishment. I'm fine, thanks for asking

Again, who is happy?

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    sure random chinese kid died,

He was Japanese, his name was Yosuke Sasaki.

Advertisement