Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sane enough to smuggle self to Ireland...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Can you please explain how the fvck I’m a racist? Are you high?

Don't fall for his trolling he is at this all the time. If you said there were 100,000 undocumented in ireland he would ask you to name them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Don't fall for his trolling he is at this all the time. If you said there were 100,000 undocumented in ireland he would ask you to name them.

Well that's just weird. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

scamalert wrote: »
    usal protecting crowd that never step outside, if he was mental - then why the f he wasnt treated asap or locked into some psych asylum.

....because people don't emit a flashing red light signalling their mental breakdown and a request for treatment..............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭golondrinas

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Plenty of Institutions it would appear...

https://www.who.int/mental_health/evidence/who_aims_report_egypt.pdf

We could politely ask Egypt to repatriate it's citizen,could we ?

Ireland's many obligations to an ever increasing number of individuals and groups,are indeed of note.

Personally I would prefer the Irish State to offer some of the same to the memory and family of the TOTALLY innocent man slaughtered by this individual.

Answering the murdered man's sister's question would at least be a start ?
    Simple, the PSNI who had him in custody at some stage gave him a ticket south. problem solved for them. Notice , mad as he was he didnt go to an unstable country, rather to a soft touch on the edge of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Boggles wrote: »
    He was Japanese, his name was Yosuke Sasaki.
    dont think it matters much hes dead now, because as outlined system is majorly fkced, when some judge gets stomped to death and the will be outcry sure enough ill be on the side give person 5-10 years, would love to see how that would work out, as pretty sure changes would be made next day, regarding prosecution and appropriate sentencing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Allinall

scamalert wrote: »
    dont think it matters much hes dead now, because as outlined system is majorly fkced, when some judge gets stomped to death and the will be outcry sure enough ill be on the side give person 5-10 years, would love to see how that would work out, as pretty sure changes would be made next day, regarding prosecution and appropriate sentencing.

That’s just incoherent rambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I wonder would as many people be so accepting and happy with the outcome of this if it was one of their family members. I for one wouldn't.

I can’t imagine anyone is happy reading anything to do with this case. It’s incredibly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Simple, the PSNI who had him in custody at some stage gave him a ticket south. problem solved for them. Notice , mad as he was he didnt go to an unstable country, rather to a soft touch on the edge of Europe.

Other than the term "he had come to the attention of the PSNI" we have no knowledge of what the interaction actually was.

Equally he had been on the UK mainland at some stage,again we don't know what that was,but perhaps there was communication between UK Authorities/PSNI and Irish agencies.

Who know's,perhaps there is a stack of e-mails or unanswered calls lying about someplace,waiting on discovery ?

This Fellah will resurface,of that I have little doubt.
    His treatment will be costly,but at the appropriate time he will be deemed "Cured".
    His legal team will point to his Not Guilty verdict and that is that !
    He will NOT be repatriated to Egypt.
    He will be advised of his right to reapply for Asylum and to access the Direct Provision scheme again.
    Taking his place in a Direct Provision Centre near YOU he will then fade into peaceful obscurity to live a long,happy and somewhat prosperous life.

I wish him well.

Meantime one Innocent Japanese family will have to live with reality.

R.I.P Mr Yasaki. :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Other than the term "he had come to the attention of the PSNI" we have no knowledge of what the interaction actually was.

Equally he had been on the UK mainland at some stage,again we don't know what that was,but perhaps there was communication between UK Authorities/PSNI and Irish agencies.

Who know's,perhaps there is a stack of e-mails or unanswered calls lying about someplace,waiting on discovery ?

His treatment will be costly,but at the appropriate time he will be deemed "Cured".

He will be advised of his right to reapply for Asylum and to access the Direct Provision scheme again.
    Taking his place in a Direct Provision Centre near YOU he will then fade into peaceful obscurity to live a long,happy and somewhat prosperous life.

I wish him well.

Meantime one Innocent Japanese family will have to live with reality.

R.I.P Mr Yasaki. :(

And you'd prefer the state removes the defence of insanity?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ehh no. He applied for asylum in the UK. So he will be transferred back to the U.K. if he wants to continue an asylum application.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Odhinn wrote: »

Yes. With murder it should be an eye for an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Nermal

Yes. It's not possible to reliably define who is sane and who is not, nor is it possible to state that someone is 'cured' of insanity.

He should get the same sentence anyone else would get. I would prefer that to be the death penalty, but if we're squeamish, an indeterminate sentence will have to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

A man in my townland overstayed his USA visa and then tried to get into USA via Canada in a car boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

To serve time in prison. If he is successfully treated, then he should still be held accountable for his actions. I'm sure there are plenty of people convicted of murder for being off their heads on alcohol, drugs or lack of emotional controls. If he's not successfully treated for being a paranoid schizophrenic, then he should remain in a mental ward, but not at the expense of the Irish State.

I get that a lot of people consider having a mental illness as being an "acceptable" excuse for killing someone. Not in control of themselves, and all that.. (although, it's interesting that we don't show similar sympathy for Psychopaths, who are lacking, in so many ways) but frankly, such people should still removed from access to the public, and some measure of punishment assigned because of the killing.

I just want him out of this country. He should have never got in - claim asylum in the first safe country that one arrives in and all that.

alastair wrote: »
    He was found not guilty. He’ll not go to prison - same as anyone else who hasn’t been found guilty. Psychopaths who kill do so while in control of their actions - any successful plea of insanity requires that the person is unable to control their actions. He’ll stay in the central mental hospital until he’s deemed safe to release. He won’t stay in Ireland as he has no right to claim asylum, having made a claim in the U.K.

He was found not guilty because of his mental illness. That was my point. I still think mental illness should not be used as a way to escape punishment. It doesn't matter though. That's not going to change.

I just want him out of this country. He should have never got in - claim asylum in the first safe country that one arrives in and all that.

There’s no legal obligation on any asylum seeker to make their claim in a first safe country. Pretty much every successful asylum seeker in this country did not arrive here directly from their home state. In this case he’s started his asylum claim in the U.K., so he’s obligated to continue it there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Has any Government official answered the valid questions raised by his sister ?

Cowards if they have not.

I'd have preferred a verdict that ensured this individual would not have the potential to walk out the gate of the CMH at some,as yet undetermined time.

Something like,Guilty BUT Insane ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Ehh no. He applied for asylum in the UK. So he will be transferred back to the U.K. if he wants to continue an asylum application.

You reckon ?

He may well be obligated to pursue his application in the UK,but possession being 9/10th's of the Law,I would be very confident this individual will be facilitated in Ireland.

It's what we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

What an absolute lowlife scumbag, very sad for the poor Japanese man. This country has let in some no hopers and wasters. We are in serious trouble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

If someone went to a psychiatrist and said they were planning on flying a plane into a building or strapping explosives to themselves and blowing up a load of civilians as well as themselves because Allah told them to they'd sound mentally ill too.

This cunt is no more mentally ill than any other terrorist. If he pulled this shit in America and claimed it wasn't terrorism there's no way any sane jury would buy it.

You reckon ?

He may well be obligated to pursue his application in the UK,but possession being 9/10th's of the Law,I would be very confident this individual will be facilitated in Ireland.

It's what we do.

It’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What an absolute lowlife scumbag, very sad for the poor Japanese man. This country has let in some no hopers and wasters. We are in serious trouble

Makes me uneasy bedding down with these aliens. Twitching in my sleep, feeling a disconnect each passing day....the more days that pass; the more I pass and I wonder where will it end

Would it be possible to receive treatment for depression / anxiety due to acute onset of xenophobia? I’m too young to be phased out it’s not my time yet. Apologies, but this is all too sudden

It’s not.

Fan go bheificimid......;)

You'll have the answer before too long.

Advertisement