Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man slaps reporters ass live on air

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I don't give a hoot about seeming less feminist. I don't identify as a feminist at all actually. More a humanist.

Of course there is a double standard when it comes to men or women being groped - it would be delusional to suggest otherwise. What bugged us though was the way people leaped in to talk in an accusatory tone about that when it was about this one incident. And then the making up that we are all ok with men being groped. And the ridiculing of this incident because men get groped too. Etc. It's tiresome.

Do you see women being historically as a lower class than men/treated worse?

If yes, you're a femenist.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Do you see women being historically as a lower class than men/treated worse?

If yes, you're a femenist.

Once upon a time that might have been true. Not anymore, feminism has turned into a bit of a farce. Even amongst themselves they can't agree what feminism is anymore. The more extreme types have tipped the scales and the more sane women seem to have moved away from the label.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarahdunners

I am delighted that women are taking this stuff more seriously.

Taylor Swift has also charged someone with sexual assault for slapping her ass. She was successful. I think that she sued the guy.

I remember being out one night in Galway, so happy and eager for my night out. A guy slapped my ass, instantly all of my happiness went. I felt vulnerable, annoyed and belittled.

Again, I am delighted that women are not taking this **** anymore. Be warned lads. Keep your hands to yourselves.

I agree with a lot of that, and while I'm not saying that people think it's ok to grope anybody, it's just not as frowned upon when a woman does it to a man as it is the other way around. You may disagree with that point and that's fair enough, but it's what I see.

Anyway, my main issue is and always will be the barrage of 'bad male behaviour' stories in the media. I think we're an easy target, no wonder the suicide rate is so high among men, nothing but incessant stories about how horrible we all are.

Huntergonzo, maybe if there is a barrage of bad male behaviour in the media... maybe you know,

Men could....stop being bad to women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Huntergonzo, maybe if there is a barrage of bad male behaviour in the media... maybe you know,

Men could....stop being bad to women?

Well maybe, anyway nighty night honey buns ;-)

Well maybe, anyway nighty night honey buns ;-)

Night sweet cakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

brilliant the good times are back.... Let the arse slapping commence....

What is this "purposefully" nonsense. It's like the "revert" issue all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jaysus a crack on the hole isn’t a big deal. Only a bit of harmless fun.

The words of an absolute wanker. Sounds like something from the 1970's.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Would have been much funnier if he shouted "f**k her, right in the pussy" at the camera. I would have laughed so I would. But as it is it is no laughing matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Can’t slap women’s asses, can’t slap children’s asses, what will us men do with our time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

galwayllm wrote: »
    brilliant the good times are back.... Let the arse slapping commence....

I'll get the wooden spoon so.

You've been a bad boy.

Actually no ..i'll get the belt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I want women to call out inappropriate behaviour against men by women. It’s that simple. Not rocket science or amateur psychology.

You're just not getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

You're just not getting it!

Would you not be up for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm all for shock humour in After Hours - that's why I'm here, because I'm not so easily offended, but some of this reaction is disturbing.

That reporter wanted to work in television. She most likely wants to be a serious journalist/presenter but first, has to work her way up from nothing.
    She manages to get through the slog of sending out cvs and finally gets an interview.
    She has to navigate her way through that process.
    She no doubt was delighted when she got the nod.
    I'd imagine she's a bag of nerves when she started off, even if it was only segments of the day to day stuff, rubbish stories, filler pieces.
    However, she did it - she's on TV. No doubt her parents are mighty proud.
    Fingers crossed it will lead to bigger things, better jobs, more money - the things everyone wants when they start off at the lower levels.
    And there she is, working away, on national TV, being recorded, televised to thousands and thousands of people, being professional.

And then, after all that, some ****ing neanderthal decides that he has the god given right to humiliate her on national television, which was being recorded for all time, no doubt while her family watched, by denigrating her. You can see the reaction on her face - shock, embarrassment, anger.

**** him. And **** the people that defend him.

Seriously, as a species, the idea to some people that this is okay, that it is defensible, that he can **** all over her career, that she as a professional woman doesn't deserve to be treated like a person doing her job, to be made feel ashamed for someone else's actions, its worse than the ****ing ape that did it to her in the first place.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm all for shock humour in After Hours - that's why I'm here, because I'm not so easily offended, but some of this reaction is disturbing.

That reporter wanted to work in television. She most likely wants to be a serious journalist/presenter but first, has to work her way up from nothing.
    She manages to get through the slog of sending out cvs and finally gets an interview.
    She has to navigate her way through that process.
    She no doubt was delighted when she got the nod.
    I'd imagine she's a bag of nerves when she started off, even if it was only segments of the day to day stuff, rubbish stories, filler pieces.
    However, she did it - she's on TV. No doubt her parents are mighty proud.
    Fingers crossed it will lead to bigger things, better jobs, more money - the things everyone wants when they start off at the lower levels.
    And there she is, working away, on national TV, being recorded, televised to thousands and thousands of people, being professional.

And then, after all that, some ****ing neanderthal decides that he has the god given right to humiliate her on national television, which was being recorded for all time, no doubt while her family watched, by denigrating her. You can see the reaction on her face - shock, embarrassment, anger.

**** him. And **** the people that defend him.

Seriously, as a species, the idea to some people that this is okay, that it is defensible, that he can **** all over her career, that she as a professional woman doesn't deserve to be treated like a person doing her job, to be made feel ashamed for someone else's actions, its worse than the ****ing ape that did it to her in the first place.

I haven't seen anyone seriously defend it. Sorry if i missed it.

Obviously in the serious light of day ...he is a giant ****.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD Thread closed for review

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Don’t see the big deal personally

She should get over it and he was perhaps a little silly to have done it

If he had groped her ass, that would have gone too far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Thing is she gets to decide what is appropriate and what is too far and not you.

I’m sure because of his position he would have sat through training on how to behave and what constitutes proper behaviour.

When he acted so inappropriately he handed over all power of the situation to her, the fact that he chose to do so on tv brought in a whole extra dimension as it was up for speculation by everyone who sees it.

This guy acted like a total creep, I expect a load of trouble is headed his way and honestly he deserves all of it.

His humiliation needs to be public because that will deter other morons from acting the same

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote: »
    MOD Thread closed for review
    Is it closed or not?

Dude ..you realize what he did is illegal. Well now you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

_Brian wrote: »
    Thing is she gets to decide what is appropriate and what is too far and not you.

I’m sure because of his position he would have sat through training on how to behave and what constitutes proper behaviour.

When he acted so inappropriately he handed over all power of the situation to her, the fact that he chose to do so on tv brought in a whole extra dimension as it was up for speculation by everyone who sees it.

This guy acted like a total creep, I expect a load of trouble is headed his way and honestly he deserves all of it.

His humiliation needs to be public because that will deter other morons from acting the same

You do realize that he emailed the company, apologized and said it was an accident before it went viral?

You do realize that he emailed the company, apologized and said it was an accident before it went viral?

Yes. He was obviously lying.

Imo he should have his hand broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Well it can't have been a genuine apology because its near impossible to belt somone on the ass by accident. After he did it he continued running, if it was unintentional I'm sure he would have hung around to say sorry, but no, he kept running.
    I wouldn't accept a fake apology either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Well it can't have been a genuine apology because its near impossible to belt somone on the ass by accident. After he did it he continued running, if it was unintentional I'm sure he would have hung around to say sorry, but no, he kept running.
    I wouldn't accept a fake apology either.

"I touched her back. I did not know exactly where I touched her. ... I just kept on running, and if I did see her facial reaction, I would have been embarrassed. I'd have felt ashamed, and I would have stopped, turned around and went back and apologized to her."

1) He didn't admit to slapping her on the ass.
    2) He assumed that she would have been fine with it. That's the ****ing problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

_Brian wrote: »

Incorrect, as far as this thread discussion goes, I get to decide what I think is appropriate or not.

If not, what’s the point of this thread?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is it closed or not?

Its closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement