Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get an SMS with "Rcs testing"?

• 12-12-2019 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Just got it there 5 minutes ago, just a simple text message "Rcs testing" being the content, no attachments or anything strange.
    I'm on Eir mobile.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It would be nice to see RCS brought out here especially if all carriers supported it and it was taken out of your bundled messages. Whatsapp has probably killed off any chance of it taking off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

sorry false alarm - one of the guys in work trying something and I didn't have his number saved in my contacts app.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ha ha, you had me excited for a minute there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It would be nice to see RCS brought out here especially if all carriers supported it and it was taken out of your bundled messages. Whatsapp has probably killed off any chance of it taking off though.

Vodafone support it

Ha ha, you had me excited for a minute there

I was more than a little geed up my self:D

• Advertisement

for anyone who falls across this thread in hope - you could try this:
    https://lifehacker.com/how-to-manually-enable-rcs-on-android-right-now-update-1839416118
    giving it a shot my self now....

Advertisement