Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming + Photo Editing

Options
  • 12-12-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Posted a few months back but got no response at the time so trying again.

Looking to update my build. Largely used for gaming (Witcher 3, World of Warcraft etc) but also a lot of photo editing (Adobe Lightroom). Want to bite the bullet on this soon so help is much appreciated.

From reading it looks like the 3700X and 32GB of RAM is really the way to go for photo editing, but always open to correction on that to save cash.

Current system:
    CPU: Core i5 4690k
    MBD: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    RAM: 8Gb DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W '80 Plus Gold
    Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i'

Parts I'm looking to get.

Corsair Force MP510 series 960GB NVMe PCIe M.2 Solid State Drive (CSSD-F960GBMP510)
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core 4.4GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
    Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Kit x2
    MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
    Seagate 4TB BarraCuda 5400RPM 256MB Cache Internal Hard Drive (ST4000DM004)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks good but why not go for 2 x 16gb sticks instead of 4x8? Leaves you room to go to 64gb down the line.

Probably won't be needed but nice to have the option at least.

Also I know the speed isn't necessarily needed but why not go for a 7200rpm drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Honestly because Overclockers don't seem to have it in stock right now.

Not massively fussed about the HDD speeds as it's only really used for Plex and storing photos after editing them.

All in comes to around €955 which is quite saucy.

Advertisement