Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

present ideas for a 20 month old toddler

Options
  • 12-12-2019 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭

i am looking to get my nephew 2 things for christmas, a book and something else. hes a very clever fellow so something that will keep him amused.
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

Around how much were you thinking of spending?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭pgj2015

edeldonlon wrote: »
    Around how much were you thinking of spending?

just found a book that is perfect for him so on the other present, up to 30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i am looking to get my nephew 2 things for christmas, a book and something else. hes a very clever fellow so something that will keep him amused.
    any ideas?

A scientific calculator.. Oh wait, he's not even 2. Get him a toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Out of interest...what book?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lego Duplo , you can’t go wrong with Lego

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

William Bee and Eric Carle books are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Jigsaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

As mentioned duplo, seriously can never have too much!

Any type of stacking cups that either all fit into the biggest cup or stack on top of each other to make a tower. I picked up a cheap set in ikea and it's played with everyday.

Any of the vtech range is very good and lasts, we've the toot toot animals. We got the kangaroo teddy this year think it's 36 euro, looks really cool, I suspect the older child will claim it :)

Another idea might be if you are near a Disney store they have Minnie and mickey teddies with the year embroidered on the foot... It's a nice keepsake I did that with a few of my nieces /nephews.

We also have the John deere remote control tractor...great fun chasing that around. Obviously the one for that age group :)

thanks everyone for the ideas, i have enough to go with now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I'd ask the parents before getting vtech or other noisy toys. Some parents don't appreciate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I only like books for my lad, he has enough toys in play school and that plastic crap takes over the house, they change their minds a few days later and it's for the charity shop. We appreciate all gifts and say thanks but most toys are regifted or charity shopped in my house. Books we love.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Staystrong32

Educational toys. never make a mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Jigsaws. If you live in Dublin avoca carry a lovely range of colourful 24 piece ones, good chunky pieces. Our now 28 month old has been playing with them for over a year and still does them every day.

Jigsaws. If you live in Dublin avoca carry a lovely range of colourful 24 piece ones, good chunky pieces. Our now 28 month old has been playing with them for over a year and still does them every day.

have you any pictures of the ones you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Thats the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Thats the brand.

Dubray books and arnotts also carry that brand. They’re lovely jigsaws. TK Maxx can also be worth a look for nice jigsaws. I recently got Jellycat jigsaws there for €8 and the exact same ones are €21 in arnotts. Haven’t opened them yet though as they’re for the 25th so can’t comment on the quality.

Advertisement