Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3X iPhone XR

Options
  • 12-12-2019 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Where would I get a discount to buy 3?
    New not refurbed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

When you start looking! It aint going to fall into ur lap

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ctlsleh wrote: »
    New not refurbed?

www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ctlsleh wrote: »
    New not refurbed?
    keavebm wrote: »
    When you start looking! It aint going to fall into ur lap

And not in this forum either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

3x€1000 phones.

The boom is back lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

3x€1000 phones.

They're 600euro each, still a bit of cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

plenty of shops advertising on FB marketplace, i am sure they will give you a good discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Just to jump in here re the sellers of iPhones samsung ect on marketplace or adverts, how are most selling brand new versions of the phones a good bit less than the usuals eg carphonewarehouse ect.

Crazy markups aside, are they generally grey imports eg Asian versions that may be on different base bands to the EU?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

5500 wrote: »
    Just to jump in here re the sellers of iPhones samsung ect on marketplace or adverts, how are most selling brand new versions of the phones a good bit less than the usuals eg carphonewarehouse ect.

Crazy markups aside, are they generally grey imports eg Asian versions that may be on different base bands to the EU?

Mostly grey imports from countries with less tax/vat.
    You can clearly see the pricing structure, and every single shop is within €10 of each other.

They work perfectly normal here, i've bought a few over the years including iPads and most recently an iPhone X which also worked perfectly while travelling in the EU and USA/Mexico..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

All perfect, but they’re not paying the VAT, and neither are you.

You’ll see that when you get the hand written receipt. Phones are perfect nevertheless and obviously the Apple warranty applies. Not sure how you’d be fixed in terms of warranty after 12mths under sale of goods act when no VAT was paid. Anyway, I’ve bought plenty of handsets and they’ve all been fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Grey imports and insurance scams. Most are imports that have been bought with Insurance and then claimed after a week or two, the originals get blacklisted in origin country so are sold in different countries, the replacement can be sold anywhere as that works fine anywhere. So they get a 2 for 1 deal.

Some stores such as Carphone warehouse dont get the original blacklisted at all and just give a insurance replacement.

Others are tax evasions that are bought using business tax numbers ex Vat and then sold here cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

dodzy wrote: »
    All perfect, but they’re not paying the VAT, and neither are you.

You’ll see that when you get the hand written receipt. Phones are perfect nevertheless and obviously the Apple warranty applies. Not sure how you’d be fixed in terms of warranty after 12mths under sale of goods act when no VAT was paid. Anyway, I’ve bought plenty of handsets and they’ve all been fine

The apple warranty bit I would wonder about, is it worldwide or region specific? Eg
    with samsung if you buy a handset from say eglobalcentral based in HK, Samsung EU wont honor warranty, and will tell you to return back to eglobal, which from experience is a nightmare, so whilst it's a saving to be had, it also carrys a risk to weight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

5500 wrote: »
    The apple warranty bit I would wonder about, is it worldwide or region specific? Eg
    with samsung if you buy a handset from say eglobalcentral based in HK, Samsung EU wont honor warranty, and will tell you to return back to eglobal, which from experience is a nightmare, so whilst it's a saving to be had, it also carrys a risk to weight up.

Apple warranty is global. If an issue arose, I’d rather be with them than any other provider.

No offense to Dan but ‘insurance scams’ is a stretch.

Advertisement