Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does changing car from 1.7 lit to 2.0 lit increase insurance?

Options
  • 13-12-2019 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Does changing car from 1.7 lit to 2.0 lit increase insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,250 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only one who can answer that accurately is your current insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Unlikely unless it's substantially more powerful.

Some 1.7 can be more powerful than some 2.0

A quick online quote using both cars will tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭raxy

I went from a 1.9 tdi Passat to a 1.6tdi leon & my insurance went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

raxy wrote: »
    I went from a 1.9 tdi Passat to a 1.6tdi leon & my insurance went up.

Ha yeh...I drove for twenty years without a claim and never changed cars and my insurance went up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Only the insurance can answer that question for you. I went from a 1.3 corolla to a 3 litre A6, my insurance went down 400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I went from a 20 year old 1.6 Honda Civic Vtec, to a brand new Skoda Octavia VRS and my insurance was 25% cheaper... Believe me the Octavia is way quicker to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Lots of factors, OP.

I went from a 2004 1.3 to a 2014 2.0 and my insurance came down a bit, presumably based on age/safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

My insurance went down going from a 2.5 litre BMW 5 series to a 3.0 litre also a 5 series, this was from a 2006 car to a 2014 car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement