Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency cut my weekly pay by €80 without notice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'm a believer in engaging professionals when reasonable.
    For example €100 for tax advice has saved tens of thousands in tax going forward.
    A consultation with a Doctor can be excellent value for money rather than living with illness or discomfort.
    Likewise a Solicitor can offer a competent service for little outlay and at 80 euro loss per week it is well worth spending a small amount to get good advice.

The difference being that there is nothing to gain there for OP.

He is an agency worker with very few rights, he has not been lied to, just paid in error and, to top it up, neither the employer nor the agency asked him to pay anything back.

They just corrected payroll error and from now on pay the op correct wage.

Now if it was going for 5 years and the company asked for money back I would agree with you partially.

But that's just an error spotted quickly enough and corrected with no loss to the employee.

Advertisement