Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Captain Poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

eagle eye wrote: »
    You must be proud of the effort you put into your posts!

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Vardy has been involved in 20 of Leicsters 39 goals, it's hard to see them hammering someone and he only being involved in one. Not impossible obviously but unlikely.

It's a close call but what has swung it for me is that Vardy has a higher ownership so not captaining him is marginally more dangerous. I may be wrong on this and havent analysed it in any detail but from memory Mane seems to benefit when Salah is out of form or absent, and Salah looked back to his best on Tuesday.

you sir, have just talked me out of Mane (c)

Vardy(c) Mane (vc)

I hate 12.30 ko captains, so Vardy for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

You must be proud of the effort you put into your posts!

To be fair he had a point.

It's not like you need to be presented with in depth analysis to say Lundstram captain is not a great idea.

It could work, but not something that anyone here would recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,470 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

manual_man wrote: »
    Vardy. I’ll allow myself captain Manè in the Sky game :P

Nobody gives a bollocks about the sky game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

wonski wrote:
    It's not like you need to be presented with in depth analysis to say Lundstram captain is not a great idea.
    And I put up a post explaining my position before he posted in which I stated that Lundstram would be a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Nobody gives a bollocks about the sky game.
    Who shat in your cornflakes?

Take a chill pill, compadre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Spot on.

I haven’t captained him for last 2 weeks and won’t be making that mistake again. Until Boxing Day when I captain Aurier.

Watford players putting in the 120% effort for new manager.

Klopp would bite your hand off for a 1-0 right now.

You mean St. Stephen's Day??

Going for Mané over Vardy just about. Mane being a midfielder the decisive factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I hate 12.30 ko captains, so Vardy for me.
    I remember Salah scored a hatrick against Bournemouth away last season with the early kick-off and I put the armband on him. That was a good day.

The early KO fear factor is a myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I've had an awful season to this point so I'm in the gambler mode now.
    While I'm willing to gamble I'm not completely insane. Ings is in better form than all bar Son, Alli, Vardy and Rashford. When you consider that West Ham have conceded 11 goals in their last five games, which includes the clean sheet against Chelsea, I think he is a real option not being considered by many. Ings has scored in each of his last five games.
    Lundstram is more of a gamble but he is in a team that has had quite a few clean sheets and he is a bonus point whore who scores the odd goal. It's a gamble for sure though.

I’ve had an awful season too (2.3m OR) and can’t see last Vardy. I gambled not choosing him last GW and just not worth it. There will be better weeks to do it.

• Advertisement

mectavba wrote: »
    You mean St. Stephen's Day??

Going for Mané over Vardy just about. Mane being a midfielder the decisive factor.

No no.

I always mean what I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Want to captain Salah again but unsure if he will start.. will we hear anything before 11.30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

thewools wrote: »
    Want to captain Salah again but unsure if he will start.. will we hear anything before 11.30?

He had a rest last week and will probably be rested for the first match of the World club championship next week so he should definitely start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Anyone TC'ing Vardy? I'm tempted ...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

thewools wrote: »

He will be CF . Huge captain differential for anyone that went with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

He will be CF . Huge captain differential for anyone that went with him.

Stuck with him anyways.. hopefully a hatrick incoming now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well done salah captainers. Best option this week but with next gw it held off nearly anyone getting him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Don’t be silly

Awkward

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    Awkward

:D

Tone or no, you were correct. Hindsight doesn’t even change this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

CSF wrote:
    Tone or no, you were correct. Hindsight doesn’t even change this one.
    Clean sheet, assist and bonus points. What did I say beforehand? It was a gamble but not an insane one.
    Unfortunately he was my second choice so didn't do him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Clean sheet, assist and bonus points. What did I say beforehand? It was a gamble but not an insane one.
    Unfortunately he was my second choice so didn't do him.

It was a pretty insane one. Villa has scored in 10 of the previous 11 games.

Sometimes those work out and the obvious choices blank, and being successful in the game is as much about being fortunate in the timing of your punty decisions as it is getting every decision correct to probability.

Advertisement