Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

57976 text message Scam

Options
  • 13-12-2019 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

Received a few messages from this number and have now lost twenty euro crefit. Never signed up to anything. On the three website the solution looks like a complaint email. Looks like blatant theft, is this widespread, anybody get there money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AJ q

I was scrolling through snapchat and accidentally hit on an add for what you were in previous life. I left right away and soon began to receive texts saying I was signed up to something called mobi hub for 7.50 euros per week. to opt out send stop to 57977 so I did and low and behold I got 5 more messages and replied stop again. A week later my mobile provider gomo took 32.50 out of my bank account instead of the usual 9.99 so I tried to call someone at gomo but nowhere could I find a number so I filled out a complaint explaining what happened and they emailed me saying so sorry bla bla bla and they would investigate. Over a week later I still hadn't heard back so long story short it took 4 more emails from me and eventually they emailed me saying the charges were valid and that's where I'm at now. it's not a lot of money but I feel so mad and this is absolute fraud but the mobile providers don't care. anyone know what I can do about this? and why is this happening to so many people? The next lazy lying politician that knocks on my door looking for my vote better be able to give me some answers. one can always hope. thanks for reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

AJ q wrote: »
    I was scrolling through snapchat and accidentally hit on an add for what you were in previous life. I left right away and soon began to receive texts saying I was signed up to something called mobi hub for 7.50 euros per week. to opt out send stop to 57977 so I did and low and behold I got 5 more messages and replied stop again. A week later my mobile provider gomo took 32.50 out of my bank account instead of the usual 9.99 so I tried to call someone at gomo but nowhere could I find a number so I filled out a complaint explaining what happened and they emailed me saying so sorry bla bla bla and they would investigate. Over a week later I still hadn't heard back so long story short it took 4 more emails from me and eventually they emailed me saying the charges were valid and that's where I'm at now. it's not a lot of money but I feel so mad and this is absolute fraud but the mobile providers don't care. anyone know what I can do about this? and why is this happening to so many people? The next lazy lying politician that knocks on my door looking for my vote better be able to give me some answers. one can always hope. thanks for reading.

Lovely, blame the politician!!
    That’s why pay as you go is the only way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Lovely, blame the politician!!
    That’s why pay as you go is the only way to go!

In the situation described even on PAYG your credit would be taken for the same amount, and if your credit ran out the deduction would be waiting until you top up and it would then help itself. This scam is not fussy about billpay or PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭greenfield21

AJ q wrote: »

You need to email help@pfi.me and request to cancel the subscription. They may also direct you to the company providing the service to get a refund. I think three can put a premium Barr on your phone to block this don't know about gomo. many threads on the three forum about this. I am on prepay so they can take it directly from your credit still don't know how they managed to do it I must have clicked on an add or something accidentally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement