Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Just as a follow on to email I recieved there earlier fobbing me off... I replied that I would be reporting them to the CCPC and pursuing the matter in small claims court.

Anyway they very kindly and quickly 'escalated my request' and the funds should land back in my account in 5-7 days.

They are such a shower of chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

COH wrote: »
    Just as a follow on to email I recieved there earlier fobbing me off... I replied that I would be reporting them to the CCPC and pursuing the matter in small claims court.

Anyway they very kindly and quickly 'escalated my request' and the funds should land back in my account in 5-7 days.

They are such a shower of chancers

Got a 2nd fob off and wait email - will threaten CPCC next, Small claims court is pointless, by the time that's arranged under any circumstances TM would have announced a new date and offered the refund.

Extremely annoying process, if you state not going to a concert which is postponed you should simply get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

COH wrote: »
    Has anyone been refunded yet? I got this is the reply from ticketmaster

Got the same reply, I’m thinking we will have to email again when the new date is announced.

fin12 wrote: »

Got the same reply, I’m thinking we will have to email again when the new date is announced.

Thats their tactic - just like Ryanair, deny, deny, deny and see if consumer gives in.

Keep at them, they will relent.

My request has been escalated so lets see if i get confirmation of refund early next week now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

The refund has shown up on my card as unauthorised credit for the full amount so it’ll go on next week.

They were really quick once they agreed to it.

Keep at them and you will be refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I live a few kilometres down the road from Marlay Park. It is not pleasant out there, would have been a tough gig to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I live a few kilometres down the road from Marlay Park. It is not pleasant out there, would have been a tough gig to get through.

I walked around Marley earlier, very soft day. It would have been a miserable enough outing I think. It’s quite cold and damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

salmocab wrote: »
    I walked around Marley earlier, very soft day. It would have been a miserable enough outing I think. It’s quite cold and damp.

You cant have a rock concert without rain! I'm fairly sure every outdoor rock concert I've been to, its rained at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A few people tonight :D:D:D

75361037_10218799546314339_4947900282611629675_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_oc=AQnUdzYBKcNEN2UF2CqwZr6P84_7Nnc-kzJcEwj_sZkZ_H84uIJ2ez0XEQasEecTMzY&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5a1638c754379d1361c0dbad7520bae6&oe=5F1CFD14

It is heartbreaking but 2021 will rock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A few people tonight :D:D:D

75361037_10218799546314339_4947900282611629675_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_oc=AQnUdzYBKcNEN2UF2CqwZr6P84_7Nnc-kzJcEwj_sZkZ_H84uIJ2ez0XEQasEecTMzY&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5a1638c754379d1361c0dbad7520bae6&oe=5F1CFD14

It is heartbreaking but 2021 will rock

When is it rescheduled for ?
    I might get tickets ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

TM have agreed to refund me for this. I am in the 'queue' for refund processing.
    When you raise a refund request you get an automated response. You need to respond to that too asking again for the refund.

My refund, including booking fee, landed in my account today. Not too long a delay after they agreed to refund me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I got my refund yesterday, also including booking fee, which I wasn't expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Senature

Glad to hear refunds are coming through.
    I got the standard fob off email reply from TM which I replied to this morning. Hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer for the €€€...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Senature wrote: »
    Glad to hear refunds are coming through.
    I got the standard fob off email reply from TM which I replied to this morning. Hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer for the €€€...

It was only 3 days from me responding to the fob-off until I received confirmation I would be refunded, then another 3 days for the refund (but that obviously included a weekend and may have been faster otherwise).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Refund credited to my card this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Whoo hoo I'm rich again!

Not strictly true, I had paid on my credit card so that's 200 quid less I owe the bank. Silver lining and all that.

After a few chases I got confirmation finally that refund is being processed.

That really was an effort...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jecca1

Can I ask what email did you send for them to agree to a refund. Im getting the 'wait for a new date'.

jecca1 wrote: »
    Can I ask what email did you send for them to agree to a refund. Im getting the 'wait for a new date'.

It was the link from a couple of pages back, was told to wait (new date next week etc) - I pushed on advising I know they are refunding so either there's a policy or there isn't - couple more rounds of exchange and they relented and agreed to refund.

Took 3 exchanges in total and was told on 1st 2 they were not refunding until the new date is announced.

If that doesn't move them try the threat of CPCC although of course we know as well as they do by the time you got that complaint lodged they'll have released a new date and you'll be able to get a refund by their rules anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

This was my 3rd and final request

“I have been severely impacted financially be COVID-19. For some strange reason you are still maintaining that this concert has not been “officially” cancelled - even though it’s not going ahead on Saturday.

How many more times do I have to request a refund?”

• Advertisement

This was my 3rd and final request

“I have been severely impacted financially be COVID-19. For some strange reason you are still maintaining that this concert has not been “officially” cancelled - even though it’s not going ahead on Saturday.

How many more times do I have to request a refund?”

Probably easier just to tell them you know they are making refunds so cut the BS about policies and get on with the refund - thats what worked for me.

My refund came through this morning, quite quick once they agreed to process it.

thebiglad wrote: »
    Probably easier just to tell them you know they are making refunds so cut the BS about policies and get on with the refund - thats what worked for me.

I replied to the email but still haven't heard anything back

Thats poor form, as much as a pain the ass as they were in the responses they responded quickly to my emails.

New tactic - ignore!

In their early exchanges to me they said new date on Tuesday and then the refund process would be open. If that remains accurate then at least you'll be able to request a refund soon on TM's preferred terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

It was only 3 days from me responding to the fob-off until I received confirmation I would be refunded, then another 3 days for the refund (but that obviously included a weekend and may have been faster otherwise).

Do you need to apply for a refund or does it just come back on your card?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Senature

Me too. I think they will make us wait until next week when they announce the new date. Very annoying.

Vudgie wrote: »
    Do you need to apply for a refund or does it just come back on your card?

You need to apply, whether now or after the new date is announced, if you don't then the tickets move to the new date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I had to chase three times on mail and phone before they voided the tix and agreed to refund in writing. Its worth doing and sticking with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

No sign of new dates?

• Advertisement

Haven't heard of new dates but just got an email to say that they will refund the tickets.

Advertisement