Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

This is just over two months away and still no news if it's going to be cancelled or rescheduled ,be nice if they could let us know soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This is just over two months away and still no news if it's going to be cancelled or rescheduled ,be nice if they could let us know soon!

Take it as its going to be cancelled or rescheduled for 2021. Same for every other 2020 big gig. Its not happening this year.

Yeah i know its not going to happen this year id just like to know if i can get a refund,have two tickets there and wouldnt mind getting my money back..

Yeah i know its not going to happen this year id just like to know if i can get a refund,have two tickets there and wouldnt mind getting my money back..

I think Ticketmaster give you the runaround anyway and you’ll never be able to cancel as they don’t have the option on their site. I’ve another one that has just been rescheduled today for the second time and they should be just refunding people at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Theyll only start refunding when/if a new date is announced. So if its cancelled, itll be done automatically. If its postponed, then theyll refund when a new date is confirmed (gig could get postponed and dates TBA in the future, so wont happen till new one is confirmed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

Ticketmaster have recently changed there T&Cs so I expect they'll postpone so they won't have to refund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

It doesn't matter, you'll still be entitled to a refund if they postpone the dates and you can't attend.

Sunstroke just cancelled and are refunding everyone.

i'd actually it rather be postponed until next year, I'd hold onto my ticket for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Ticketmaster have recently changed there T&Cs so I expect they'll postpone so they won't have to refund

Yes, I saw that and see as well that they are fully implementing it but surely our purchases should be bound by T&C's in place when the tickets were booked.

I guess as with all consumer issues at the moment they will go with whatever they can get away with and, as they are so difficult to contact at present there is no chance of engaging with them.

I think Ticketmaster give you the runaround anyway and you’ll never be able to cancel as they don’t have the option on their site. I’ve another one that has just been rescheduled today for the second time and they should be just refunding people at this stage.
    Mushy wrote: »
    Theyll only start refunding when/if a new date is announced. So if its cancelled, itll be done automatically. If its postponed, then theyll refund when a new date is confirmed (gig could get postponed and dates TBA in the future, so wont happen till new one is confirmed)

Hi guys - I posted this in another thread- should answer your question on refunds for deferred gigs

Quote:
    Originally
    I disagree. See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.
    They supply an online query form link where you input your details of ticket purchase and where you can request a refund for a postponed gig
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That's for the US, doesn't apply to here. If its postponed, refunds can be requested and will be given when new date is announced

• Advertisement

Hi guys - I posted this in another thread- should answer your question on refunds for deferred gigs

Quote:
    Originally
    I disagree. See below T&C's of the contract you enter into with ticketmaster. So the thing to do is await new date, and if you don't want to go, demand a refund.
    They supply an online query form link where you input your details of ticket purchase and where you can request a refund for a postponed gig
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html

11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

I’ve not seen sight nor sound of this supposed “deadline” for cancelling. They also make you phone up so they can give you the runaround. They should be made have a cancel link on their site.

I’ve not seen sight nor sound of this supposed “deadline” for cancelling. They also make you phone up so they can give you the runaround. They should be made have a cancel link on their site.

Yeah they're not making it easy at all- but i'm just going to persist- if a gig is classed as "rescheduled" rather than cancelled, I think you need to await the announcement of the new date before you can demand your money back - but certainly demand it as quickly as possible once you're notified of the change as otherwise, you'll be assumed to have accepted the new date.

No public gatherings in excess of 5,000 before August - that's the concert officially off.

Over to you TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

thebiglad wrote: »
    No public gatherings in excess of 5,000 before August - that's the concert officially off.

Over to you TM.

Just got an email about the longitute tickets I bought for my son, saying refund in 7-10 days, surely they will do similar for these tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Just got an email about the longitute tickets I bought for my son, saying refund in 7-10 days, surely they will do similar for these tickets

Any mention of option to hold Longitude tickets for next year aswell or just straight refund? Just interested as some promoters may not be willing to commit to next year at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Longitude can't be rearranged with that line up though, gnr can, so a rearranged gig with tickets valid might happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Any mention of option to hold Longitude tickets for next year aswell or just straight refund? Just interested as some promoters may not be willing to commit to next year at this point.

No option to hold to tickets, just straight refund

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

No option to hold to tickets, just straight refund

Thanks..i just saw their statement saying they'll be back next year. On the GnR gig im kind of on the fence what to do if they reschedule. Wouldnt mind if it was the usual €70-€100 each gig prices id just hold on to tickets but with the eye watering price we had to pay for those gold circles and having to wait another year has me in two minds whether to go for refund.
    Well this is the "Will this Ever End?..Not in this Lifetime" Tour right!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I just got the circular there from MCD. Looks like they will be notifying us before end of tuesday on whether this gig is rescheduled or cancelled. That then triggers refund process.

I just got the circular there from MCD. Looks like they will be notifying us before end of tuesday on whether this gig is rescheduled or cancelled. That then triggers refund process.

Any word on this?

• Advertisement

Any word on this?

Nada

Only a couple of weeks away now and still nothing ,i just had a look at TM and you can actually still buy tickets for it,and their South American gigs have been rescheduled to November

https://www.gunsnroses.com/tour#12

It's beyond ridiculous at this stage. They are probably delayed calculating how much in service fees they can diddle us out of and how to do the diddling.

Axl's always been a bit contrary. They might come in and play anyway, with no audience. :P

They could do a Pay-Per-View like Paris '92.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It's beyond ridiculous at this stage. They are probably delayed calculating how much in service fees they can diddle us out of and how to do the diddling.

That's a lot of diddling.

European leg of the tour starts in 3 weeks in Portugal, still selling tickets but hard to imagine that is going ahead - leaving aside whether or not Portugal are permitting large gatherings promotors are hardly spending on bringing the tour to Europe when most dates will be cancelled anyhow - would be a logistical nightmare.

Therefore if they were going to reschedule to 2021 surely they'd know by now the dates and therefore MCD should know.

I was onto TM this morning and they said they still have no update on it and we will be notified when its cancelled/rescheduled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

This is dragging on a bit really isn't it? :(

It really is dragging on a lot!
    I wonder what the delay is. Are they waiting for the band to make a decision on rescheduling or are they in a logistical knot.
    There was no delay in them taking their money off us when the tickets went on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It really is dragging on a lot!
    I wonder what the delay is. Are they waiting for the band to make a decision on rescheduling or are they in a logistical knot.
    There was no delay in them taking their money off us when the tickets went on sale.

You eagerly gave them your money! They didn't take it off you. We know its not happening and we know we'll get a refund or a re-scheduled gig. Be patient.

Advertisement