Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

spindex wrote: »
    I take it you wont be going to the rescheduled show so ?

I'll see lol

Didn't plan on going this year cause I had MCR and Green Day the same week

Saw them in London in 2017, very enjoyable gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We all dreamed of seeing Axl, Slash and Duff back on the same stage again but the novelty is getting pretty old at this stage and feels the NITL tour is going on forever

They made there $$$$ but cant get enough of it

To be fair, none of this is the bands doing. I'd hazard a guess that Slash and Axl don't even know how much a ticket is....

The band themselves are only a cog in a giant money wheel and have no say in managing the tour, they turn up and play where they're told to turn up and play. The record company and management company are the ones to look at if you have issues with the dates not being officially cancelled yet.

Interestingly, Bon Jovi cancelled their summer tour and didn't postpone in order to ensure people get refunds, the difference is they own their own management company and hence Jon has a huge say in the decision making process.... GNR it appears don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I've recently logged a new ticket requesting a refund but have yet to receive a reply. Hard to believe the original date is actually only 4 weeks away.

Still nothing from these ***** yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Was there ever a support act announced for this tour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Greenday I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Greenday I think?

Surely not with them having there own gig in the rds around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I heard rumor that Alter Bridge were in discussions to support on the UK leg of the tour. They were to be in this neck of the woods at the time. Although that timing, and the link with Myles Kennedy might be the reason that rumor started surfacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Surely not with them having there own gig in the rds around the same time.
    I remember reading it somewhere but it could be a senior moment so nevermind :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I emailed looking for a refund and got this response:
    We are waiting a new date to be finalised.When this date is confirmed we will be in contact with all customers.

You will then be able to request a refund

I replied:
    I am not willing to wait an indefinite amount of time for a refund that should have been processed as soon as the government announced the ban of outdoor gatherings of more than 500 people. I have waited patiently, but that patience has run out.

As already stated, I am not interested in a rescheduled gig so I would like my refund processed. I do not want an email to request a refund, I want the refund processed and I have expressed it clearly in this email.

I am giving Ticketmaster the opportunity to process the refund rather than going directly to the CPCC and small claims court.

I expect to receive confirmation of the event cancellation no later than the 27th of June. This is the date of the event so therefore the event must be deemed as cancelled if it does not go ahead on the said date, and therefore I have a right to my money back, or as per your own terms and conditions, the offer of a rescheduled gig (which I do not wish to avail of).

It's ridiculous that these refunds have not been processed yet. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who are as aggrieved about this whole debacle as I am and would like to voice their displeasure as one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Be interesting to see if they respond to that.
    It is ridiculous though that this has not yet been sorted so close to the event date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Be interesting to see if they respond to that.
    It is ridiculous though that this has not yet been sorted so close to the event date.

Same for a load of gigs.

Any of the "NEW DATE N/A" gigs below here are in the same boat.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360007196997-Event-Status-Updates

TBastard have until the 27th of June (another 10 days) to refund/inform so not sure what the big panic is about?

The Nal wrote: »
    Same for a load of gigs.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360007196997-Event-Status-Updates

TBastard have until the 27th of June (another 10 days) to refund/inform so not sure what the big panic is about?

They have had months to sort this out. Its not a panic but is frustrating.

I received the following response to my refund request.

“This event has not been officially cancelled or postponed yet, we are still waiting for confirmation.

If anything changes in the mean time, You will receive a text message or an emailing stating the event has either been cancelled or rescheduled.

However if the event is cancelled you will be automatically refunded. If the event is postponed/rescheduled for an other date then your current tickets will be valid for the new date. If you are unable to make the new date then please submit a request stating so, and a refund will be issued to you.”

Not officially cancelled or postponed!!!!!

They have had months to sort this out. Its not a panic but is frustrating.

Like a lot of the gigs, they're waiting on a rescheduled date. This will come from the bands touring management. Refunding all the tickets immediately and then asking people to re-purchase the tickets isn't efficient.

Same for a load of gigs.

No panic but I'm just pissed off. If they sold 30,000 tickets at €95 a pop, thats around 2.85 million, I wonder what the interest is on that?

I also don't like how you have to apply for a refund if the gig is cancelled, it's sharp practice and they hope to catch a certain number of people who will forget, or not apply in time for the refund.

The gig was cancelled, it has been for months now, so they should pony up and refund their customers.
    Refunding all the tickets immediately and then asking people to re-purchase the tickets isn't efficient.

I'm sure they won't refund their charges and they will add their charges to the new tickets if they went down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭dam099

RoboRat wrote: »
    No panic but I'm just pissed off. If they sold 30,000 tickets at €95 a pop, thats around 2.85 million, I wonder what the interest is on that?

Doesn't excuse their delay refunding when its obvious the gig isn't happening on the planned date but interest rates are generally negative on larger deposits so it could be costing them money.

Like a lot of the gigs, they're waiting on a rescheduled date. This will come from the bands touring management. Refunding all the tickets immediately and then asking people to re-purchase the tickets isn't efficient.

Efficient? I want my 200 euro back for a gig that is not happening and in 3 months they have not uttered a peep about it. It's a sly move to leave it so long and not automatically refund people.

Efficient? I want my 200 euro back for a gig that is not happening and in 3 months they have not uttered a peep about it. It's a sly move to leave it so long and not automatically refund people.

It's sharp practice, my wife had forgotten about the gig with everything that has happened. Never been told directly by TM that is was cancelled, I probably would have also forgotten but I was looking forward to it. I wish there was a viable alternative to TM, I hate giving them business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭dam099

Many ticket holders would prefer roll over their tickets rather than get a refund and potentially miss out on a rescheduled gig that sells out (dont think this one did sell out though) so automatic refunds doesnt work for everyone either.

They should just make it easy for those that want a refund to apply and get one without all the messing around.

• Advertisement

I’m fortunate enough that COVID hasn’t had a major financial impact on me or my family (to date). However, I’m sure many people who bought tickets for this gig back in December could really do with the cash at the moment.

I think it is a disgrace that they are refusing refunds on the basis that the concert “has not yet been officially cancelled or postponed”. It’s scheduled for 8 days time, it’s not going ahead and the band have posted it on their official pages. Not sure how more official they need!

Regarding Ticketmaster, I think that acts should take more of a lead and ensure that their fans are being treated in a fair and reasonable manner. Many acts and artists are keen to hop on a social justice band wagon but seem to forget who actually pays the wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I’m fortunate enough that COVID hasn’t had a major financial impact on me or my family (to date). However, I’m sure many people who bought tickets for this gig back in December could really do with the cash at the moment.

I think it is a disgrace that they are refusing refunds on the basis that the concert “has not yet been officially cancelled or postponed”. It’s scheduled for 8 days time, it’s not going ahead and the band have posted it on their official pages. Not sure how more official they need!

Regarding Ticketmaster, I think that acts should take more of a lead and ensure that their fans are being treated in a fair and reasonable manner. Many acts and artists are keen to hop on a social justice band wagon but seem to forget who actually pays the wages.

Bands will be feeling the pinch too: https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/news/live-nation-memo-pay-cuts-covid-1016989/

Beyond farcical that theres been no news of a new date yet. Some bands (Tool, Gojira) just cancelled so people can have the money back, and should be applauded for doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Just bought my ticket on TM, looking forward to this now , can't wait

It helps that I’m getting too old for concerts now anyway but as long as I live I’ll never give Ticketmaster another cent.

It helps that I’m getting too old for concerts now anyway but as long as I live I’ll never give Ticketmaster another cent.

So if Pink Floyd, The Smiths, GnR, the Stones and Led Zeppelin were playing a Live Aid type gig in Dublin and you could only buy via Ticketmaster you wouldn't go?

Very much a "Im never drinking again" type thing methinks.

So if Pink Floyd, The Smiths, GnR, the Stones and Led Zeppelin were playing a Live Aid type gig in Dublin and you could only buy via Ticketmaster you wouldn't go?

No I won’t after this. I’m near too old to be going to this one had it been on anyway. Absolute parasites.

No I won’t after this. I’m near too old to be going to this one had it been on anyway. Absolute parasites.

You're never too old to go to a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Nothing wrong with having some conviction. It's better than people giving out about Ticketmaster's practices and then falling in line and buying ticket after ticket from them.

If everybody stopped buying tickets from Ticketmaster for a couple of months they'd be forced to change their ways. Most people will never do that so Ticketmaster can carry on doing what they like. If somebody actually has the conviction to decide "I'm not dealing with this company on these terms anymore" then fair play to them. That's all any of us can really do.

It's a matter of deciding which you value more - seeing shows no matter what or not acquiescing to Ticketmaster's terms. I'm not going to knock people for choosing the former but I actively applaud them if they choose the latter.

Advertisement