Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N Roses - Marlay Park June 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

TM have agreed to refund me for this. I am in the 'queue' for refund processing.
    When you raise a refund request you get an automated response. You need to respond to that too asking again for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

TM have agreed to refund me for this. I am in the 'queue' for refund processing.
    When you raise a refund request you get an automated response. You need to respond to that too asking again for the refund.

How did you raise the refund request ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

s8n wrote: »
    How did you raise the refund request ?

I did it via the below link.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

On the MCD page it says 'announcement pending 23rd of June' which is today...

does anyone know if it has said that for a while or is that a recent update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

On the MCD page it says 'announcement pending 23rd of June' which is today...

does anyone know if it has said that for a while or is that a recent update?

It now says:

"We are still working on European 2021 dates. It will be another week before finalising. We appreciate your patience & apologies for any inconvenience caused - hold on to your tickets and thank you for your support. Best wishes, MCD Productions."

I'm fed up waiting now and have requested a refund through Ticketmaster, could use the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Love this quote from the paragraph
    "hold on to your tickets"
    da'f*q we gun do with them? Flog em to a tout at the gate on Saturday afternoon?? haha

It now says:

"We are still working on European 2021 dates. It will be another week before finalising. We appreciate your patience & apologies for any inconvenience caused - hold on to your tickets and thank you for your support. Best wishes, MCD Productions."

I'm fed up waiting now and have requested a refund through Ticketmaster, could use the money.

Same here, I'm just going to keep at them. I'll take my chances that a rescheduled gig won't sell out and I'll pick some up next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Was told I’ll get a refund today. Just kept at them over the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Was told I’ll get a refund today. Just kept at them over the last week or so.

On the phone or email ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I got a reply from them for a refund earlier they said the ticket is cancelled and the money will be in my account soon,i had bought the tickets in a shop and filled in this form on their site.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000178458

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I emailed them monday asking for refund they emailed me back the standard reply and replied with wanting refund. Got no answer back for last few days. I emailed them again today threaten the cccp and small claims. Got a reply an hour later saying refund will be issued.

Same as that. Tickets void, refund in 5-7.

Yep same here, refund in 5-7 days. Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

s8n wrote: »
    On the phone or email ?

Email..

Looks like they’ve finally got their act together on this..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I got a reply from them for a refund earlier they said the ticket is cancelled and the money will be in my account soon,i had bought the tickets in a shop and filled in this form on their site.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000178458

What if u bought them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Just got this email from TM.
    Hi there,

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that Guns N' Roses at Marlay Park which was due to take place on Saturday 27th June 2020 is currently being rescheduled due to COVID-19. Please see the latest update from the event organisers below

"We are still working on European 2021 dates and expect a further update on 6th July 2020.

We appreciate your patience & apologies for any inconvenience caused - hold on to your tickets and thank you for your support."

As soon as we get any information, we'll be in touch to let you know.

Best wishes,
    Ticketmaster Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I got my refund email today, 5-7 days. I'll repurchase next year if the dates suit me or whatever. We should all be having a very different chat in this thread right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Adman13

Yeah, I put in a refund request just now. I naively thought that they legally would have to offer a refund before the date of the concert...seems rules only apply to us.

• Advertisement

Did the concert sell out? Will it be easy to get tickets again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

fin12 wrote: »
    Did the concert sell out? Will it be easy to get tickets again?

Well I gave them back 2 tickets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

some legend of a busker should go to Marley Park tomorrow and do a few GNR tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Has anyone been refunded yet? I got this is the reply from ticketmaster

Hi there,

Thanks for your email,

This event is currently postponed, as soon as we have an update we will contact all customers via email , refunds will be available once a rescheduled date is announced if you are unable to attend,

Kind Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Fan Support (Ticketmaster IE)
    26 Jun 2020, 10:28 GMT+1

Hello Xxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Good news! We have actioned your request to cancel your booking. These tickets are now void.

The refund will take 5-7 working days to appear back on the card used to make the purchase.

Best Wishes
    Fan Support

I got this yesterday. It was my 3rd time asking for a refund. Maybe the weather will be nicer next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jecca1

I requested a refund and got the email to say they will only offer refunds when a new date is set and it doesn't suit.
    Why the inconsistencies?
    Are they refunding Guns n Roses or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Just put in my refund request, get in ahead of the rush!

Lets see what response is, whether they comply or try to push back - if the latter I will point out to them they have been refunding.

Expect by the time get a resolution they'll be advising new date

Did those who did get refunded receive the TM fees also - that change to T&C was made only recently so most of us when purchasing tickets were not agreeing to those terms.

As others may rebook early next year if I still want to go - this did not sell out so I don't expect a major rush for left over tickets until the whole Covid situation is somewhat more settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Got the knock back email pretty quick to say they will refund when the event is rescheduled if dates don't suit

Have told them this is inconsistent and I want my refund now - lets see how this goes.

Did anyone else get the knock back email and eventually have success?

This is just ridiculous, either refund or wait but don't adopt a depends on who answers your query approach.

thebiglad wrote: »
    Got the knock back email pretty quick to say they will refund when the event is rescheduled if dates don't suit

Have told them this is inconsistent and I want my refund now - lets see how this goes.

Did anyone else get the knock back email and eventually have success?

This is just ridiculous, either refund or wait but don't adopt a depends on who answers your query approach.

Strange that they’re doing some and seem to have stopped now. That said, I only have their word the money is being refunded. No actual money yet and they’ve already proven themselves to be untrustworthy.

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    Has anyone been refunded yet? I got this is the reply from ticketmaster

Just checked my online banking and i got the money back this morning

Advertisement