Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bigger women - secretly liked

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I like a bigger lady but not too big. Skin and bones is not attractive at all imo.
    It's also very subjective where those definitions lay. One person's "fat" is another's "average" and that average has tended to go more upwards weight wise. "Normal" weight is heavier than it used to be for many.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

Secretly I'm sure plenty do. From personal experience as a bigger woman I've no problem getting a man into bed but a date is a different thing altogether.

I'm not hideous but find most prefer to be seen with smaller women. Those who like extremely large women tend to be more along the fetish line and I don't want to be someones fetish.

I think the line "there's a woman you'll bring to bed and there's a woman you'll take out to meet the family" larger tend to be the former and in secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Segotias wrote: »
    Secretly I'm sure plenty do. From personal experience as a bigger woman I've no problem getting a man into bed but a date is a different thing altogether.

I'm 5' 7", a size 10 and classic hourglass - I've a very small waist and DD boobs - and I haven't had sex in almost 3 years. Make of that what you will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm 5' 7", a size 10 and classic hourglass - I've a very small waist and DD boobs - and I haven't had sex in almost 3 years. Make of that what you will!

But I'm assuming you've had offers but haven't been interested?

Don't know what to tell you there, is it that you've had offers but you've turned them down.

It's no great compliment to be wanted just for sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Don't know what to tell you there, is it that you've had offers but you've turned them down.

It's no great compliment to be wanted just for sex

I have absolutely no problem having casual sex with men. Never have. Relationships are a whole other issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I’m going to assume that’s because you don’t want someone to have sex with you just because you are 5' 7", a size 10 and classic hourglass, with a very small waist and DD boobs. That is a good thing IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I'm not hideous but find most prefer to be seen with smaller women. Those who like extremely large women tend to be more along the fetish line and I don't want to be someones fetish.

I think the line "there's a woman you'll bring to bed and there's a woman you'll take out to meet the family" larger tend to be the former and in secret

some guys cant do any better than a big lady , go heavy or go alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think the blokes should post there ethnicity also. #blackblokesloveabigwhitewoman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Curvy sure, rolls of fat obese with underarm wings **** no!

Obesity should always be discouraged, not accepted as a norm...

Right but at the same time, I have no interest in hectoring or even making any comments at all towards obese folks because

a) I’m far from perfect myself. Flaws a-plenty.

and

b) they are well aware that they are obese. Or overweight anyway and I don’t really care if they classify themselves as obese or overweight.

• Advertisement

Homelander wrote: »
    With both men and women it really depends on the way the weight is held. Personally I like bigger pear or (generally) hourglass shaped women at all as much as slender or athletic, both are equally appealing in different ways. Similarly many women are OK with a stocky or husky guy, but less so with a man who carried it disproportionately, like having a slender waist/legs but a big gut.

It's a funny perception thing despite it being all about genetics really. Woman A and Woman B could have the exact same height and frame and diet, but one could develop a heavy pear or hourglass shape, while the other develops a gut and big double chin. While I would generally find the former appealing the latter is the polar opposite to the point of personal revulsion.

So when people ask questions like "Do you like bigger girls/guys", it's pretty much impossible to answer with a black/white answer really, unless you're a person who's exclusively attracted to people who are slim/athletic/skinny (which is fine as a preference).

Nigella Lawson is a good example. She gained a lot of weight a few years back and still looked pretty darn good. Her beautiful face helped of course but she could just carry the extra weight really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I like a woman who can be described as voluptuous, think Nigella Lawson a couple of years ago. I draw the line at land whales.

I like a woman who can be described as voluptuous, think Nigella Lawson a couple of years ago. I draw the line at land whales.

But not at triteness apparently.

But not at triteness apparently.

Thanks, the old ones are sometimes the best. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

the_syco wrote: »
    Not a fan of being able to see their rib cage.

The rib cage is visible for the vast majority of people when they are at a healthy weight.

iguana wrote: »
    The rib cage is visible for the vast majority of people when they are at a healthy weight.

But to varying degrees of definition. I suspect he means really being able to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Nigella Lawson is a good example. She gained a lot of weight a few years back and still looked pretty darn good. Her beautiful face helped of course but she could just carry the extra weight really well.

I think Nigella Lawson was a fantastic looking woman when she was approx size 16..and when she lost weight... nope...it didn't work...
    IMO, she lost her physical sex appeal..her face actually started to look tired and drawn, and her bum and boobs shrank...Jesus, even I remember 1 episode where she had a midnight snack in her red nightgown...the papers and Twitter were hopping the next day, ...no fatshaming, just a lot of people gushing over a very attractive woman in her 50's.....I do miss that version of Nigella myself I must admit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I like chubbier girls myself. 2 of my favourites would be classed as a liitle chubby but still very beautiful Scarlet Johanson and Jennifer Lawrence. Gorgeous women despite not being "skinny"

We have significantly different definitions of 'chubby'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭misterme123

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I like chubbier girls myself. 2 of my favourites would be classed as a liitle chubby but still very beautiful Scarlet Johanson and Jennifer Lawrence. Gorgeous women despite not being "skinny"

Wow, chubbiness really is in the eye of the beholder.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    some guys cant do any better than a big lady , go heavy or go alone

Wow I'm guessing we should all be grateful then so that these men can't do better so we can stand a chance of finding a man :eek:

Alecto wrote: »
    I have absolutely no problem having casual sex with men. Never have. Relationships are a whole other issue though.

Nor do I if that's what you fancy. It gets old though if that's all that's on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Neither of those women are, or ever were, remotely chubby:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Don Joe

Crazy talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

I'd hop off lawson any size any time anywhere :pac:

limnam wrote: »
    I'd hop off lawson any size any time anywhere :pac:

Very pretty, and wouldn't kick her out of bed for her cooking, but...

article-1004517-00C210F400000578-921_468x812.jpg

Still a no.

Jesus, what do you consider skinny - Ms Anorexia 2019?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Very pretty, and wouldn't kick her out of bed for her cooking, but...

Still a no.

Just don't tell her that. I'm sure she'd be f*cking devastated.

Just don't tell her that. I'm sure she'd be f*cking devastated.

Too late, and she was, but she consoled herself with a bacon butty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

I would not blame any woman for feeling insecure about her body type or weight after reading this thread. Even the stunningly beautiful Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence described as "chubby"...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I would not blame any woman for feeling insecure about her body type or weight after reading this thread. Even the stunningly beautiful Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence described as "chubby"...?

Why do you think that blatant nonsense written by some person on boards.ie would make female posters feel insecure? I think we all know that guy is talking ****e.

Scarlett Johansson chubby? I shamefully admit I have seen the leaks nudes of her and I’ve never seen a more perfect arse and waist. And on a crappy phone camera with poor lighting.

Scarlett Johansson chubby? I shamefully admit I have seen the leaks nudes of her and I’ve never seen a more perfect arse and waist. And on a crappy phone camera with poor lighting.

Leaks? She's completely starkers in a movie, COMPLETELY, and there's not a pick on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

She has an hour glass figure like, she's curvy, but I'll eat my hat if she's bigger than a size ten.

I think when she first started her career she would have stuck out a bit more because the small-framed very skinny look was more in style but nope, she ain't chubby.

But, I do agree she and Lawrence are gorgeous. That lean but not super toned, slim but not skinny figure is a beautiful thing to behold.

Leaks? She's completely starkers in a movie, COMPLETELY, and there's not a pick on her.

Oh, I haven’t seem those films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She was never fat, incredibly sensual woman

She was never fat, incredibly sensual woman

Ah no, she was quite overweight for a while. No doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Alecto wrote: »
    So my question is, do you think it's not as rare as we're led to believe and that some men secretly like bigger women

I'm sure some of the chaps do 'secretly' like bigger women, but there's plenty more who make no secret of it, in my peer group at least. I'll tell you something though, bigger girls (single ones,on the market, looking etc etc) get more action than than your run of the mill, ten a penny, single, orange Barbie girls. I'm not going to explain why, as to an unaccustomed ear I'd sound like a complete mysogynist bastard, which I'm not btw. But the theory is solid. I've an analogy about fergies last six seasons at United that would wholly vindicate me if I explained my theory, but that would take me too long to type out. Besides it's too early in the day and im too f*ckin sober too be putting the time into it. Welcome back btw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Some girls are bigger than others. Some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers.

I don't have any real preference. Not in an "any hole's a goal" kind of way or anything - I'm actually way fussier than I ought to be. It's just that I've been attracted to women of various different shapes and sizes over the years, from underweight to average weight to overweight. Although I've never actually weighed them. The only common denominator is a nice face (oh yeah and personality, blah, blah, blah).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I love the big beautiful women.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My wife is a big girl and I'd never been with a big girl before her, all my exes were "perfect" 10s or 12s with curves. I'm with my wife nearly 10 years and haven't looked back.

Not sure what the attraction is but I suppose you can't rule out gravity. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

They're slim with curves. Chubbier than really thin yes, but not in any way actually chubby in its true sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

You don’t be pokin’ the fire while you’re... dusting the mantelpiece is this correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'd give it to them up the arse and **** off. That's it. I would not marry them.

Some people look better fat.

I'd give it to them up the arse and **** off. That's it. I would not marry them.

You'll be sorry if Elf on the Shelf sees your post and you'll be getting coal on Christmas morning. Now go to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

You'll be sorry if Elf on the Shelf sees your post and you'll be getting coal on Christmas morning. Now go to bed.

Once I get a skinny girl with ambition I'm G.

Fat birds are not highflyers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

NewRed2 wrote: »
    You wear boots?
    Yup. Cosy & waterproof; https://global.danner.com/men/law-enforcement/acadia-8-black.html
    NewRed2 wrote: »
    Of course if we're talking about obesity to the point of health issues then yeah you need to be careful but aside from that live and let live.
    Live & let live is cool, but when the person gets so obese that they must depend on others to help them live, it'll be too late.
    curvy and fat are not the same thing.
    Heck, curvy can mean very different things, depending on country!

Curvy in Irish Tinder; round.

Curvy in Toronto Tinder; big boobs, big ass, but slim waist.
    That you only spread your legs for someone who you like after you get to know them?

• Advertisement

People fluctuate but they will always be...how do we say that person.

Advertisement