Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Options

• 13-12-2019 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I'm currently a Virgin Media customer but I'm moving house next week. The estate I'm moving into is a new one and has no ibroadband available. Im currently using IPTV for TV and stream YouTube and netflix etc. My monthly usage is around 950 GB a month which I presume is down to the constant use of IPTV.

However I am moving to Sky and using a SkyQ box so no need for IPTV so I presume this should ease my usage a bit. I was looking at 3 Bill pay midband at 850gb fair usage p/m I'd be using for SkyQ box, netflix and YouTube. Would I fit into three fair usage policy?

Mods please don't delete as midband threads are not Popular

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hammurabi

James__10 wrote: »
    I'm currently a Virgin Media customer but I'm moving house next week. The estate I'm moving into is a new one and has no ibroadband available. Im currently using IPTV for TV and stream YouTube and netflix etc. My monthly usage is around 950 GB a month which I presume is down to the constant use of IPTV.

However I am moving to Sky and using a SkyQ box so no need for IPTV so I presume this should ease my usage a bit. I was looking at 3 Bill pay midband at 850gb fair usage p/m I'd be using for SkyQ box, netflix and YouTube. Would I fit into three fair usage policy?

Mods please don't delete as midband threads are not Popular

750GB is three's FUP on their "broadband" product. HD content requires around 5-12Mbps in my experience. Call that 4.5GB per hour. Do the math on how much streaming tv you'd watch per night. Of course the sky stuff will be coming through satellite so presume that will be your primary viewing and won't affect your data cap.

The question is more whether you can get a solid connection at peak times via midband.

Advertisement