Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.windows.com/stopcode

Options
  • 13-12-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭

Hi recently, my laptop has started shutting down to a blue screen after booting up with the on screen message " contact www.window's .com/stop code.
    It used to happen only only occasionally, but now on nearly each start up, it happens, and now is even happening at unpredictable times after start up.
    Any suggestion's anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Did you go to the website and go through it?

What was the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

That link is real, so no worries about malware. But getting a BSOD is normally a sign that something is wrong.
    Have you tried reseating/swapping the ram? Or trying another hard disk? Without the code, it's impossible to say what's wrong. But I'd suggest reseating the ram and if there are more than one module, switching them around or one on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what are the stopcodes you are getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,520 ✭✭✭jmreire

Skerries wrote: »
    what are the stopcodes you are getting?

Apologies for the delay in replying to all who answered my query. Hereunder stop code detail's:

VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

In addition to this problem, it has also stopped sending instructions to the printer. The computer is a DELL L502X, and I have had it since 2011 or 2012 Thanks for your help.

FanadMan wrote: »
    That link is real, so no worries about malware. But getting a BSOD is normally a sign that something is wrong.
    Have you tried reseating/swapping the ram? Or trying another hard disk? Without the code, it's impossible to say what's wrong. But I'd suggest reseating the ram and if there are more than one module, switching them around or one on its own.

Sorry FanadMan, but my technical knowledge of computer's is zilch.....unfortunately!!!:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Did you go to the website and go through it?

What was the result?

Hi Johnboy, yes I followed the link, and it gave a long list of instruction's, but I also have a problem getting the laptop to print...so now have downloaded the instructions to an USB so will get them printed from that. Then I will try to follow them.
    Thanks fir your reply, and I'll let you know when I get it done.:)

Advertisement