Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Common Travel Area

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭purplepanda

The article you link to states "Since 25 March 2001, all five states have also been within the Schengen Area" hence no problem.

The Faroe Islands are an outlier, but being small makes things possible.

My apologies, having travelled many times to Denmark from Germany during the '90's & early '00's I naturally then assumed that that Danish border was still outside Schengen. Especially as when during my last visit the stricter border controls were being implemented.

Of four different return trips to Denmark, only one journey on the way back was by plane. :D

I do prefer to go by land & sea when travelling around though. :D Unless there's no alternative. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

alastair wrote: »
    The U.K. is four more times dependent on the EU as an export market than Canada, their star is hitched to the EU, whether in or out of the club.

I don't think such logic enters into this (otherwise we would not be where we are). The fact moving away from the EU is going to be painful & disruptive does not mean it is impossible.
    Johnson and other Brexiters are going to fly a big "mission accomplished" union jack on the 31st of Jan and then blame any more problems afterwards on someone else (guess who?). That should be easy enough for them to do given the public's short attention span and boredom with Brexit in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

fly_agaric wrote: »
    I don't think such logic enters into this (otherwise we would not be where we are). The fact moving away from the EU is going to be painful & disruptive does not mean it is impossible.
    Johnson and other Brexiters are going to fly a big "mission accomplished" union jack on the 31st of Jan and then blame any more problems afterwards on someone else (guess who?). That should be easy enough for them to do given the public's short attention span and boredom with Brexit in the UK.

It doesn’t really matter what the brexiteers do or say, the reality of the economic ties that exist mean that the EU will remain a market that the UK is heavily dependent on.

Advertisement