Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, MSI B450m/5700xt fan not coming on

Options
  • 13-12-2019 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

hi all,
    i just got a MSI B450m motherboard and installed a Radeon 5700t graphics card.
    the computer beeps 3 times unless i plug in all 8 AND 6 power cables into it.
    im trying to build windows 10 on it , but it the graphics card fans are not on and gets so hot during the process im afraid to continue .
    is there a bios flash or a setting int he bios im missing or will i continue to build the machine ?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What model 5700? A lot of them don't spin up unless under load.

It shouldn't be getting hot if you're only installing windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

yeah, it need to get to melt speed,., water boiling was not enough to set them off , thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

s10 wrote: »
    the computer beeps 3 times unless i plug in all 8 AND 6 power cables into it.

What are you installing a graphics card with out all recommended cables plugged in for?

What are you installing a graphics card with out all recommended cables plugged in for?

Exactly. The 5700 XT has an 8 pin and a 6 pin. Why are you not plugging them both in??

Advertisement