Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublinbikes station closures

Options
  • 13-12-2019 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

I've noticed more and more stations are closing due to the proximity of construction works with no alternative stations being opened. Why aren't these being moved to other locations at the expense of the construction companies? It's impossible now to find an empty station during the day in the city centre to park a bike. If these were bus stops they would be moved to another location

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I noticed this the other day. I wanted to go from Sth. Gt. Georges St. to Temple St. and the way I started walking I didn't pass the one on Exchequer St. The first stand I passed after that was Princes St. That's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Shut the one on NCR too at the junction of Dorset St, to facilitate construction at the Big Tree Pub. Thing is I cannot see how it was in their way. Possibly the few stands on the footpath, but not the stands on the road.

I'm just wondering about this process, does anybody have a chance to fight it? There was no mention of removing the stands on the planning permission application that was posted on the Big Tree beforehand, and surely the done thing would be to put a notice on the stands for a few weeks as well, giving users time to object.

It could get to the stage where the stands will be removed almost automatically once a developer asks for it, also no indication on the map on the app as to when they will be in use again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

I contacted dublinbikes and got a fairly half hearted reply saying the decision around station closures and locations are made by DCC and to contact them. Nothing about whether they appealed the order to remove or request alternative locations. Great way to kill a great service. The email they send you doesn't allow replies either which is very helpful

I'll be cancelling my subscription anyway since it's impossible now to travel to the city centre

Advertisement