Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash withdrawal

• 14-12-2019 12:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

What’s the most you can withdraw these days from an ATM with your standard debit card.
    Haven’t done it in a while, remember it used to be 300. Is it still the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Depends on machine too, one of those small ones in shops usually have lower limits than a bank one. I got 550 from an AIB machine yesterday and I'd say I could have got up to a 1,000 as far as I know. Might have had to do a couple of transaction for it though. I had a bog standard ATM card so not a debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

BOI and Ulster 700e with debit from their own atms, stores random locations limit so can be as low as 120.

thou think one can speak with bank to get amounts lifted higher, if one is in constant need of cash, as nowadays its lucky to have 2 tellers in a branch, as dozen atms in branch seems the new norm of automation to reduce staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

phormium wrote: »
    Depends on machine too, one of those small ones in shops usually have lower limits than a bank one. I got 550 from an AIB machine yesterday and I'd say I could have got up to a 1,000 as far as I know. Might have had to do a couple of transaction for it though. I had a bog standard ATM card so not a debit card.

I had no idea ATM cards still existed.

They do indeed :) I have no interest in a debit card and just wouldn't use it so have a standard savings account with ATM card, now maybe if it died or got swallowed I might have no option replacing it hopefully not!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

phormium wrote: »

Thanks, but just wondering how you came to the conclusion in bold?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

ok, did this today.

I was able to withdraw 600 euro from my own banks ATM.
    After withdrawing, I tried to withdraw another 400 - no good, then tried for 200 - no good.

so looks like 600 is the max from own banks standard ATM (AIB)

I then ended up going in to the bank to get the rest of the money, the teller in the bank said that one can withdraw 1500 euro via your ATM card from the big machine within the bank buuilding itself used for lodgments and withdrawls.

Because I asked in my bank some time back and fairly sure I was told 1,000 was the limit in one day from their machines but not in one transaction so I could do two 500s if needs be.

Advertisement