Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with case fans

Options
  • 14-12-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi lads. I bought a Corsair 275R with the intention of building a pc with my son on Xmas day. Anyway I'm worried that I didn't buy any case fans for it...Should I buy some or will it be ok as is? Thanks in advance. Oh we won't be overclocking or anything..

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Depends on what's going in, but it's never a bad idea to have some air coming in somewhere and being pushed out of the back. Are you putting an aio cooler in? Buy 2 or 3 120mm fans for backup cause its always better to have and not need, especially if you're building over the holiday when everything is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Ok well the full build is a Ryzen 5 3600 a MSI tomahawk max mb and a 1660 super I have a be quiet pure rock slim cooler 16 GB vengeance ram and. 550 psu..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Definitely get at least 2 so - one at the front and one at the back and you should be good.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Definitely get at least 2 so - one at the front and one at the back and you should be good.
    Thanks m8. Appreciate the help. Any particular brand I should be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

From a quick look it seems the 275R comes with two fans so you should be fine as you are.

• Advertisement

minitrue wrote: »
    From a quick look it seems the 275R comes with two fans so you should be fine as you are.

Ahh cool. I did buy a couple of them anyway just in case. Thanks tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

As long as a case has at least one exhaust fan and you're not using super high-end parts it's really fine. 2 is better obviously, one intake and one outtake. No harm having more but the ones that come with your case are more than enough.

Fair play lads and thanks again for the help. Just realised I bought a pack of 5 fans haha. Shouldn't be a problem now

Advertisement