Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The hunt crowd

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

It's more of a jolly for folks with horses if that's the case.
    How do predators at the top of the food chain regulate their numbers without human interference? They've only been doing it for millions of years.

Generally by over consuming the local food supply resulting in starvation, which wouldn't be liked in current society

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

ganmo wrote: »
    Generally by over consuming the local food supply resulting in starvation, which wouldn't be liked in current society

When does "society" sit out in fields to witness starving animals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Water John wrote: »
    Humans haven't been around for very long. Now that hunting is no longer permitted in the UK, is it overrun with foxes?

Any proof of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Cattlepen wrote: »
    I welcome them here. I think it’s a fantastic spectacle to see the hounds, horse and riders going across my fields. If there’s any misbehaving the master puts them back inline fairly quickly. It’s a country thing and I think all of us in the countryside need to stick together, farmers, hunters etc because we’re all in the public eye now and you could be in a situation very quickly where do gooders and busybodies with an agenda start to dictate what goes on in the countryside.
    I think a lot of farmers that have a problem with them is an animosity that could be bred into us because of the association of the landed gentry and hunting.
    And a word of advice for hunters, if a farmer has a problem with you, get down off your horse to talk to him. Nobody likes to be talked down to by a man on a horse. It can be very annoying

Just because we live in the countryside we don't have exclusive rights to what happens there. Everyone has a say, it's not dictating. You may not agree with others opinion, but everyone has a say whether you like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

alps wrote: »
    Reckon the "Brits" is a phobia that lingers long in too many minds..

They're gone

Gone! Because I drove them out. Me and my kind.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hoboo wrote: »
    Just because we live in the countryside we don't have exclusive rights to what happens there. Everyone has a say, it's not dictating. You may not agree with others opinion, but everyone has a say whether you like it or not.

It is when you get eejits turning up on your doorstep who dont like farming or any hunting whatsoever and decide they're going jump up and down and scream because they've decided they dont like it. Like that bunch of nutters invading farms a while back. Yeah I do agree everyone has a right to an opinion but no one has any right to shove your opinion in someone else's face because thats what your into to or otherwise. So no others do not have a say what people do legally on their own property. Unless you're advocating we go around kicking everyone's door in just to make sure there not doing something you dont like?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Earnshaw wrote: »
    The initial question was related to the effect on ecosystems but the quality of characters in the hunt crowd is seemingly more worthy of discussion.

This thread is pointless and a mod is welcome to close it.

Mod note; Thread closed at OP's request.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement