Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size advice

Options
  • 14-12-2019 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all, a bit of help needed if you don’t mind please. I just bought a new bike from Halfords for my daughter for Xmas as a surprise, a few weeks ago she was with me and the salesman said she’d be a M woman but said a 16”frame. So I ordered M online and got it home and realised the receipt says 18”. Looking now at their online size guide (but late now I know!) it says 18” is M but suitable for 5’6” and over. She’s only 5ft now but growing quickly (11 years old). Should I keep it or change to a 16”? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

That's probably a bit too big (and will feel awkward) for an 11 yo, 5ft. I think it would be better to change it to a 16" if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Don’t panic if you can’t change it. At the rate kids grow, keep it as a future birthday present?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,581 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Have you taken delivery yet? Might be worth contacting them and explaining the situation if not. They may be able to change the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I have taken delivery, I did call and they said it could be changed. I’ve just measured her sister who is 2 years older and she’s 5ft 8. She’s more than likely not going to use it much until the summer, maybe she’ll be a couple of inches taller by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Just had a look at the bike again. I think I’ve measured correctly to determine the frame size (from the centre of the crank to the top of the seat tube and if I’m not mistaken then this is a 16” frame??

• Advertisement
Advertisement