Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    Going to try to bank the transfer to have two next week and bring in Salah while getting rid of Robertson for a cheaper defender.

Pulisic out and De Bruyne back in after making the mistake of swapping him for Son last week.

Maybe can work out how to swap Son to Salah in a few game weeks if I manage to bank a free transfer some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mane to KdB worth a -4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Selling KDB is looking like a huge mistake
    I ca get him back in for minus 4 by selling TAA and pulisic
    Certainly considering it

But I don’t think I will .........not mad on having 4 players in that game next week. Even I will be benching Söyüncü
    Think I’ll stick with the plan
    If I can remember what that is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Question folks, if Grealish (who is on 4 yellows) gets booked in the cup tie with Liverpool on Tuesday will he be suspended for next weekends league game? Thanks!

mutley18 wrote: »
    Question folks, if Grealish (who is on 4 yellows) gets booked in the cup tie with Liverpool on Tuesday will he be suspended for next weekends league game? Thanks!

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Wildcard time

I am really struggling with my defensive transfer
    Have 0.8 in bank so if I sell Fredricks o can get anyone for 5.3
    If I decide to sell TAA and pulisic to get KDB I can get 5.2 defender

Not one team have a set of fixtures coming up that make this easy
    Rico is probably the easiet one to move for but he looks like rising tonight . And he plays for Bournemouth
    Villa have decent fixtures but mings is out and I just don’t think I trust them
    Brighton have 2 decent home games in 18 and 20 so might be a go
    Newcastle also not bad 3 in 4 home games
    I have even started looking at united defenders for their run . But just can’t pay 5.3 for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Might be a Free Hit job for me this week.
    This is a bad week for it. The fixtures are not good. Unless you've like 6 players from Liverpool and West Ham or no bench cover, your free hit team probably isn't gonna be THAT much better than the team you have already.

COH wrote: »
    Alli or Sterking for a 1 week punt?

Will already have Son & KDB

1 week punt ?

Richarlison.

I am really struggling with my defensive transfer
    Have 0.8 in bank so if I sell Fredricks o can get anyone for 5.3
    If I decide to sell TAA and pulisic to get KDB I can get 5.2 defender

Not one team have a set of fixtures coming up that make this easy
    Rico is probably the easiet one to move for but he looks like rising tonight . And he plays for Bournemouth
    Villa have decent fixtures but mings is out and I just don’t think I trust them
    Brighton have 2 decent home games in 18 and 20 so might be a go
    Newcastle also not bad 3 in 4 home games
    I have even started looking at united defenders for their run . But just can’t pay 5.3 for them

Can’t understand any team that doesn’t have Kelly, Rico, Lundstram.

I’d now be looking at adding one of the Watford boys and may do if I want to raise some cash from TAA. I’d prefer Femenia but only if I knew Janmaat was going to be missing for a good period.

• Advertisement

I’d now be looking at adding one of the Watford boys and may do if I want to raise some cash from TAA. I’d prefer Femenia but only if I knew Janmaat was going to be missing for a good period.

I have kelly and Lundstrum now . Ended up paying 4.3 for kelly in the end as I had to wait 2 weeks which annoyed me
    But I’m such a tightass I’m struggling to spend 4.3 on Rico and won’t spend 4.4 if he rises :D

I think I’ll probably go for targett or Guilbert

Fredricks suspension has been the killer
    I’d have kept him and sold TAA but for that
    But I can’t justify keeping him for 2 blanks and then he plays lecister

I’d originally planned KDB out for Son with this FT.

Would be hard to do now but I still might.

It would leave me with a ‘set and forget’ team which is normally how I’d like to play it.

However I’m really tempted to use my next 3-4 weekly FT’s bringing in one player against Arsenal.

Could sell Mount this week for Richarlison then sell Richarlison for Fraser then sell Fraser for Mount/Pulisic then move him on for Martial.

Would love to do it but what are the chances of it going smoothly and the rest of my team staying fit and available. Very low I know.

I may just carry this weeks FT and let KDB play Leicester and then decide when Liverpool come back.

Would love a midfield of Mane, Salah, Alli and Son but it’s not possible. Well without a WC.

I have kelly and Lundstrum now . Ended up paying 4.3 for kelly in the end as I had to wait 2 weeks which annoyed me
    But I’m such a tightass I’m struggling to spend 4.3 on Rico and won’t spend 4.4 if he rises :D

So sell Fredricks for Rico and be done with it.

And then look at a Watford wingback for TAA if you need cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The problem with Rico is it’s hard to find the transfer that brings him in. He’s great value but there’s always something more pressing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Have you factored in how and when to get TAA back?
    Fredricks will be price protected when the red flag clears so there's a good chance he'll hold his price. Having played the BB you can move to a 3.9M fodder.

Villa defender and KDB looks a good move especially if you'll bench Lund in GW21 and GW22

City will have the fresher legs next weekend if Leicester take the cup seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Leighton Baines anyone?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Leighton Baines anyone?

I did have a look but too pricey.

Factor that in with him not being fully match fit and a lot of games coming and up I don’t see the value.

He is probably susceptible to an injury too.

I’ve just done Mount to Richarlison.

Have taken huge losses on Mount and I’m not willing to take another one tonight.

I’m trying to enjoy the game I really want an Everton attacker against Arsenal next week. So I’m backing myself on this one.

If I’d listened more carefully to myself I probably would have captained KDB against Arsenal this week.

Can try and switch off now.

Not even that concerned if Arsenal appoint a new manager before that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

I’ve just done Mount to Richarlison.

Have taken huge losses on Mount and I’m not willing to take another one tonight.

I’m trying to enjoy the game I really want an Everton attacker against Arsenal next week. So I’m backing myself on this one.

If I’d listened more carefully to myself I probably would have captained KDB against Arsenal this week.

Can try and switch off now.

Trying to stop myself doing this for a -4. You're not helping:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Trying to stop myself doing this for a -4. You're not helping:)

Same :&
    It will be my Xmas present to myself if I do it
    He is in great form though with 3 decent fixtures over Xmas
    It’s either him or Grealish
    And Grealish is on 4 yellows
    I’ve decided not to chase KDBs points from this week ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Only way I can get KdB back without a hit is with Mane.

Not an issue for this week, but means a -4 to get a Liverpool attacker back for GW19.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For those thinking of getting KDB id be fairly certain he won't start GW 20 home to sheff utd its less than 48 hours after city play Wolves away in Gw 19. I have KDB but I wouldn't be getting him in now till GW 21. Your looking at Leicester home , wolves away , blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ElTel wrote: »
    Have you factored in how and when to get TAA back?
    I was worried about not owning TAA for about 6/7 weeks, finally bought him and apart from one 10 pointer, he hasn't really been worth the outlay.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Only way I can get KdB back without a hit is with Mane.

Not an issue for this week, but means a -4 to get a Liverpool attacker back for GW19.
    I'd take a hit over ditching Mane. Even with the blank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I moved Sterling for KDB, mainly to free up funds. Have one more FT. Thinking of Madison to Richarlison.
    Should I pull the trigger? I have Vardy and Soyuncu as Leicester cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Looking at a hit I'd say...like the look of Richarlison too so would be something like Mount and Chilwell out with someone like Dunk arriving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I moved Sterling for KDB, mainly to free up funds. Have one more FT. Thinking of Madison to Richarlison.
    Should I pull the trigger? I have Vardy and Soyuncu as Leicester cover.

Thinking of doing the same move. 2 difficult ones for Maddison and Everton have a good run, Arsenal really are a shambles at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did TAA, mount and tielemans to baldock, son and Cantwell for a -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Appointment is imminent apparently... Possibly Arteta against his old club.

Appointment is imminent apparently... Possibly Arteta against his old club.

Doh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Doh.

I wouldn't worry, that defence is so bad I don't think any kind of manager bounce will save it!

Advertisement