Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 18 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

km79 wrote: »
    I think like I did with palace people are getting sucked in by villa
    Yes they have good fixtures but they have a few injuries and are just not very good !
    Grealish is plenty imo

Mings is the only iniury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mings is the only iniury

Engels has just returned from injury and came back a little sooner due to Mings injury. He was only sub that day. If he was fit he would have started.
    Targett I had in my head was struggling with an injury 2 games ago but he must have overcome it
    McGinn is playing through injury
    So they obviously have a very thin squad for the upcoming run of games.
    And Grealish is one booking away from suspension......only needs to get through the weekend though.
    Double Villa is not warranted imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

And Grealish is one booking away from suspension......only needs to get through the weekend though.
    Nope. He also has to get through GW19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would approach Villa defensive players with caution also. We’re usually a good side, however with no ability to sit deep and snuff the game out when needed.

Some of the clean sheets already kept have been more good fortune than good defending.

The only reason I’m giving mild consideration to a Villa defender is some must-win fixtures against poor teams and low prices.

Would think Grealish followed by El Ghazi (poor player who gets into lots of attacking positions) would be my order of choice with Villa FPL assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Plan now is Mane to KdB this week.

Next week Jesus/Douglas.L to Salah & Greenwood/Martinelli

Giving me
    Salah Son KdB Grealish Maddison
    Vardy Abraham (Cheap FW)

It's 2 hits but I like that front 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lads it’s Xmas period, there will be goals galore.. focus on attacking returns, any defensive should be treated as bonus. Don’t be taking hits to get in defenders

Plan now is Mane to KdB this week.

Next week Jesus/Douglas.L to Salah & Greenwood/Martinelli

Giving me
    Salah Son KdB Grealish Maddison
    Vardy Abraham (Cheap FW)

It's 2 hits but I like that front 8

Is KdB for a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Need to get in bench cover for this weekend I think

Pope/Heaton
    Rico Soy Ludstram
    Sissoko Sterling Grealish Zaha
    Vardy Jiminez Ings

Have Clarke (inj) Mane and Robertson on the bench will have 6.2 to spend on replacing Clarke who would people get in over Xmas for him?

Man U defender perhaps? Check for 4 YCs/suspension risk though.
    I'd upgrade Sissoko instead. Would give you a forward benching headache but leaving some cash itb could make it more bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is KdB for a hit?

Yes. Worried he could more than cover that if I don't get him in. I'd be playing Soyuncu without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Is Greenwood going to now become part of the United staring eleven?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I did a silly thing last GW. I left everything to the last minute without any serious thinking.

I transferred Sterling to Son.

Now the issue is that I already have Moura in my set up and there's certainly no need for two Spurs mids.

Who do I drop. I'm leaning on Son for the long term but Moura will also get goals, as per last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

gandalfio wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Sorry I had to!

To answer your question, I think Solskjaer has been talking him up recently but only to keep his head up I feel. He may get the odd start here or there in the next while but I wouldn't be counting on him to feature lots in the starting XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

carnie wrote: »
    I did a silly thing last GW. I left everything to the last minute without any serious thinking.

I transferred Sterling to Son.

Now the issue is that I already have Moura in my set up and there's certainly no need for two Spurs mids.

Who do I drop. I'm leaning on Son for the long term but Moura will also get goals, as per last weekend.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

The last few weeks I have had Son & Alli and combined they have returned 4, 30, 11. I only had Son the week previous to that and he got 10 when Alli got 15 so would have been a combined 25.

55 points they have returned for me over the last 4 weeks, no captaincy. Roughly 7 points per player per week.

And I'm not afraid to double them up over the next 4 weeks either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I doubt it, only just gone 18 and they seem to be easing him into it. Lots of talk of another striker being added in the January window as well.

No

FitzShane wrote: »
    Not necessarily a bad thing.

The last few weeks I have had Son & Alli and combined they have returned 4, 30, 11. I only had Son the week previous to that and he got 10 when Alli got 15 so would have been a combined 25.

55 points they have returned for me over the last 4 weeks, no captaincy. Roughly 7 points per player per week.

And I'm not afraid to double them up over the next 4 weeks either

100% agree. I’m looking at doing similar with Salah & Mane with sticking with one C & the other VC.

There is no way both get rested for same game and like we’ve seen in last 3 games they’ve scored highly and I think will continue to do so.

A LOT of the main players are playing for united Everton and Leicester tonight ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've gone off Villa defence in favour of Brighton now. Going to take a punt on Webster I think. Fixtures are mixed but he has better stats than Targett and is a decent threat from set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kelly has 30% ownership bloody hell. Despite all the injuries, might make more sense to just get him in instead of trying to be too clever. If he hauls, it will hurt.

Leighton Baines anyone?

Anyone????

• Advertisement

Everton back to 2-2
    Ricky with one assist I think
    Baines with a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Taking Salah out for 2 weeks, who would you recommend for? Thinking either Dele or Son as Spurs have 2 home games, help please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone????

Tempted. Very tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

mutley18 wrote: »
    Taking Salah out for 2 weeks, who would you recommend for? Thinking either Dele or Son as Spurs have 2 home games, help please.

Assuming you already have KDB, I'd personally go with Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have 2 FTs.

I'm gonna do TAA -> Targett, will be losing a bit of value as I have TAA since the start. But, this will free up a nice bit of money to play with and here lies my dilemma.

Longish term the goal was to get Salah in. What I can do is sell Son with next weeks FT and get Salah in before the Leicester game. But now I'm thinking maybe hold off on getting Salah in for that game and have 2 weeks with KDB instead before upgrading to Salah for when Salah is at home to Wolves (h). So basically it comes down to KDB v Leicester (h) & Wolves (a) or Son v Chelsea (h) & Brighton (h) and keep one FT rolling over. I can go with either before getting Salah in. I also currently have Mane and will keep him.

What do people think, KDB or Son? I'm am leaning towards Son, mainly because of more potential in the 2nd fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Son's two games are definitely better.

Really want to sell pulisic . And he is gonna drop another .1 either tonight or tomorrow night
    But
    Is Ricky really worth a Minus 4
    And the risk of a suspension too . Already have that hanging over Lundstrum
    But I do have a string squad .......

Briefly flirted with mane to son but I just can’t do it

Oh . Evertons fixtures are indeed very very nice . I might be back on the joint Ricky/digne train yet of digne gets fit !

Gw 19 is also shaping up to be a nightmare With 2 Liverpool 3 lecister and Jiminez Vs man city
    Gonna have to make some tough tough calls there
    I’ll also be stuck for a captain again
    Son gonna be Highly captained too

I am nearly considering a minus 8 now LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really want to sell pulisic . And he is gonna drop another .1 either tonight or tomorrow night
    But
    Is Ricky really worth a Minus 4
    And the risk of a suspension too . Already have that hanging over Lundstrum
    But I do have a string squad .......

Briefly flirted with mane to son but I just can’t do it

Oh . Evertons fixtures are indeed very very nice . I might be back on the joint Ricky/digne train yet of digne gets fit !

Gw 19 is also shaping up to be a nightmare With 2 Liverpool 3 lecister and Jiminez Vs man city
    Gonna have to make some tough tough calls there
    I’ll also be stuck for a captain again
    Son gonna be Highly captained too

I am nearly considering a minus 8 now LOL

Yeah have been running similar through my head the last few days.

Want Pulisic gone, but not too pushed on Son for this week. So might go Puli to Grealish.

Had considered Richy but he actually hadn't had many double digit returns and he trolled me for nearly all of last year.

Feck
    Pulisic is gonna drop tonight by the looks of it
    Decision time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Feck
    Pulisic is gonna drop tonight by the looks of it
    Decision time

That's horrible, was hoping I'd get another day to think

Grealish or Son.....(with Ali already)