Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Skerries wrote: »
    I love the RE games but was put off when I played RE5 years ago on PS3 so tried it again there on PC at the weekend as it was in my collection but I still couldn't get used to the all action aspect of it which then lead to the terrible RE6
    so it has been uninstalled again never to see the light of day and so am left looking forward to Village
    I would love to see a remake of 4 to finish off the good ones or even a remake of RE0 or RE: Code Veronica

Code Veronica needs a remake more than any other game in the series at this point. The story, setting, characters and music could translate really well to the new remake style, and the original has aged horribly - mostly due to the rendered backgrounds.
    brady12 wrote: »
    Is the 7 dlc worth it though ? Or will
    I just wait for village come out don't want burn myself out of resi 😅😀

I would definitely play the Chris DLC anyway, the Zoe one really just ties up a loose end from the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's another Resi showcase scheduled for the 15th of this month. It'll include a new trailer for Village, and some other "surprises"...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    There's another Resi showcase scheduled for the 15th of this month. It'll include a new trailer for Village, and some other "surprises"...

Resident Evil 4 remake? Or remaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Vicxas wrote: »

probably some card trading game or some other muck considering Capcom are enjoying just not giving people what they want and forcing multiplayer rubbish on us

Vicxas wrote: »

It seems that the RE4 remake is about 2 or 3 years off, and Capcom have been announcing their games relatively close to release lately, so I don't think we will be seeing that.

They have remastered RE4 at least 5 times so the next one is a full-on remake.

• Advertisement

Take with a pinch of salt, although this "leaker" has been correctly revealing Village stuff for ages.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1381078139208486913?s=20

So apart from the Village updates, the Resi Showcase told us that RE4 is getting the VR treatment for Oculus Quest 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Cool to see it on VR, but i bloody hate exclusivity on VR platforms. Makes an already niche market even smaller.

Kiith wrote: »
    Cool to see it on VR, but i bloody hate exclusivity on VR platforms. Makes an already niche market even smaller.

I'm still shocked that RE7 VR is trapped on PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reinstalled Resi 7, started playthrough on Easy to just get through the game quickly and experience the story. Goddamn the guest house is still ****ing creepy to this day even though i know what happens. Capcom nailed the horror atmosphere. Makes me want a Resi 1 re-re-make with the new re-engine and in first person.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Makes me want a Resi 1 re-re-make with the new re-engine and in first person.

This is probably a better idea than RE4 remake. I do think they will do it eventually, if only to have a synchronised remake trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Markitron wrote: »
    This is probably a better idea than RE4 remake. I do think they will do it eventually, if only to have a synchronised remake trilogy.

Yeah i saw they will too at some point.
    Probably not before re4 and 5 tho. Seems like that's the way they are going.

The day of the remake is what we have now :p sure some heavy rumors bluepoint games are making a mgs remake and I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a silent hill remake given that series status of talk about another game.

Yeah i saw they will too at some point.
    Probably not before re4 and 5 tho. Seems like that's the way they are going.

The day of the remake is what we have now :p sure some heavy rumors bluepoint games are making a mgs remake and I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a silent hill remake given that series status of talk about another game.

I'm actually fine with idea of remakes, just as long as new games don't suffer and the remakes are appropriate and actually good. RE2 and RE3 were good ideas to remake, and we're getting RE7 and RE8 on either side of them.

I'm curious as to what they intend to do with the RE4 remake. Doing it in the same style as the 2 and 3 remakes won't be quite as impactful a change because the original had already ditched the static cameras and tank controls. And then we have yet another version of the OG 4 on the way (VR), so would they be tempted to make the remake of 4 a first person title, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

They should keep it along the lines of 2+3 REmake tbh, keep the proper survival horror trend going like they should/could have, and not full blown arcade shooters :(

If they really feel the need to remake it then they should just give it a graphical facelift

Looks like Capcom are running some kind of ARG. There's a thread on reddit, if that's your bag.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1387164654632411137?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

From the still image I was going to say I see a boat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I completed Resident Evil 8 yesterday. Good game.
    Of all the four Resident Evil games I completed, I would rate them in the following order: 2 Remake, 7, Village and 3 Remake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

after finishing 8 and walking around a place that reminded me of 1, I am now back play REmake. its still absolutely class the subtle difference from 1 just make it that much better

Not related to any of the individual games, but I assume some of ye will watch this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Could be something in it, or could just be "bants" to Skyrim...

Yeah, although we do have GamesCom this week... Watch this space I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You know what, I'm looking forward to seeing this in action.

Yea that is actually a really good translation of that character. I have seen people complain about the other shots looking cheap, but on-set shots before the lighting and colour grading are done always look like that.

RE4 VR will be out on October 21st, exclusively for the Oculus Quest 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Has anyone else seen Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness on Netflix yet? It's supposed set several years after Resident Evil 2, and after the events of Resident Evil 4, I believe. The actors who played Leon and Claire in Resident Evil 2 reprised their roles in the series, so i'd like to believe it's canon to the game. I've only just seen the first three episodes, but it looks good.

Advertisement